First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    But do you do something which hubby finds as really helpful/ motivating/ interesting which you just said almost as a matter of course but to him it means the world?
    Other than physically preening him, I don't think so. It's hard to do something on accident when it is the primary motivating factor of your life. It sorta has your conscious attention.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Other than physically preening him, I don't think so. It's hard to do something on accident when it is the primary motivating factor of your life. It sorta has your conscious attention.
    This is another thing with NFs and those whom we love; causing something that a loved one would react to postitively is 99% of the time intentional.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Chatoyer & Fineline,
    Good points. I guess you can always get a good reaction with a simple congratulations on being competent. I'd guess the negative crowd are a lot more picky about what compliments they'd accept. Thanks.

Cafe,
    I now have an image of you sitting behind your husband doing the monkey thing of picking out nits from his hair!

Runvardh,
    I think that being nice to people tends to come naturally to most. NFs just seem to recognise this factor more often. Possibly because it's important to them. Perhaps also why NTs respond to well thought out ideas.

As for working with NFs I tend to find that addressing them personally with the idea tends to work a lot better than trying to come up with some universal theory and merely presenting it to them.

SFs I've yet to figure out. I tend to trip over the whole S/N communication problems.
    ----
    I gotta wonder if SFs notice a similar pattern. Whether they tune to Ts and Fs the same way.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?