• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Biggest challenge for your type

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
me too...not that it's noticeable by my post count...but there's so much i don't say. i just have a hard time with the online format...not knowing who i'm talking to exactly.

Such an interesting difference, I find the impersonal nature of the conversation here so refreshing and liberating. In the midst of a busy thread I can single one person out and can have a conversation. It's really nice...

With reference to the thread, I need to do better at turning my thoughts into action. Just thinking of doing it, and anticipating the outcome is not the same as actually doing it. Unfortunately.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Such an interesting difference, I find the impersonal nature of the conversation here so refreshing and liberating. In the midst of a busy thread I can single one person out and can have a conversation. It's really nice...

With reference to the thread, I need to do better at turning my thoughts into action. Just thinking of doing it, and anticipating the outcome is not the same as actually doing it. Unfortunately.

yeah, i'll certainly discuss things in more depth and voice more opinions in person....i hate the idea of offending people.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
-Accepting that you cannot do right by everyone
-Organizing and planning stuff and actually following through on it (I seriously do not have the same sense of time that other people on this planet do)
-Stop avoiding conflict and procrastinating on problems
-disabling the need for validation
-Keeping everyday mundane objects(such as a phone) in the same place and when failing that one, at least be able to find them.

Last edited:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Deep-seated aversion to and distrust of compliance.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lead CEO of a multi billion dollar company. Revoking all morality.

EDIT: Army.

Eagle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Getting people to understand that we actually care? lol :D

xotwinnieox

MBTI Type
INFP
These aren't challenges but they are difficult to overcome...

INFP:
- maintaining emotional stability
- finding motivation for practical, repetitive, routinely chores (like going to school everyday for a decade)
- letting go of past events or our past faults
- accepting "happiness" without the thought of being selfish
- finding self worth (to the point where we don't think about things like committing suicide
- caring about meaningless things
- finding our place in the world (or trying to "fit in", not that we necessarily want to)
- opening up

I'm sure a lot of these apply to other types as well.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP:
- maintaining emotional stability
- finding motivation for practical, repetitive, routinely chores (like going to school everyday for a decade)
- letting go of past events or our past faults
- accepting "happiness" without the thought of being selfish
- finding self worth (to the point where we don't think about things like committing suicide
- caring about meaningless things
- finding our place in the world (or trying to "fit in", not that we necessarily want to)
- opening up

All of these yes....and for me, caring about "meaningless things" applies to much of what S types love to chatter about :tongue:.

Also:
- Not being so sensitive to criticism/rejection and seeing criticism/rejection where there is none.
- Not being so unfairly critical of myself
- Maintaining relationships through contact, instead of getting lost in my head and ignoring people for weeks on end
- Initiating conversations and relationships

juggernaut

Permabanned
The biggest challenge for ENTJs in my opinion is overcoming our own egos. Every ENTJ I know in real life, including myself, has a deep need to be admired, to be put up on a pedestal. This need may lead to positive outcomes, but is unhealthy. Shutting up and following someone humbly often leads to great learning.

I absolutely do not find myself in any way desirous of being put on a pedestal. After several years as a wife, mother, and business owner I would rather be in just about any other position. Pedestals are miserably lonely, claustrophobic places and with admiration comes expectation. I cannot stand any type of restriction and a pedestal is as good as a prison as far as I'm concerned.

On the other had, I wholeheartedly agree with that last part. As an ENTJ it is extremely difficult to relax and allow yourself to defer to the wisdom of others. We know what we want, we know how to get it, and we rarely pay attention to the often-valuable insights that others may have. This is, I think, the true achilles heel of the ENTJ. We miss an awful lot thinking we already know it all. We also tend to have rather lop-sided and unrealistic expectations of others and don't pay much (if any) attention to the human condition. It (for lack of a better word) sucks when you start to realize how much you've hurt people who barely registered on your personal radar because you were too busy conquering the world.

L

Lasting_Pain

Because you are a natural extrovert. I have 80s to 90s in each individual letter of INTP. Me talking to women is a disaster. Unless it is on the internet, I have the ability to be quite the charmer.

juggernaut

Permabanned
You're probably right, but I absolutely hate large crowds and I've found that talking to the opposite sex often leads to more trouble than it's worth. Perhaps this is why I'm kind of a wobbly E. I could just as easily flit back across the great divide and be an I. As a child, I was very much the little "I". I'll always be, and have always been, an NTJ though.

Amira

MBTI Type
ISTJ
For me, being gushy/giving compliments freely/being outwardly gooey to anything not a baby or an animal. I always am amazed at people who can meet someone and in 5 minutes give that person 5 compliments... I have worked for years at thinking up more compliments and trying to say them without waiting a week and I still have lots of trouble with that. I'm totally gooey inside, but only close friends know that. It makes it really hard to flirt.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Problems:

*patience when patience is already exhausted
*flares of temper (again when I'm out of energy or backed into a corner)
*mule-ishly digging in when I'm afraid, angry, or wildly frustrated, or feel misunderstood
*internal war lord
*heightened distrust of the physical world (haven't had much help there)
*getting lost in my head and never coming back down
*allowing my positive trait of tenaciously holding on to turn into never letting go
*snap decisions/judgments
*letting people touch me