• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Biggest challenge for your type

millerm277

MBTI Type
ISTP
Emotion. Expressing it...actually feeling it in the first place, etc.
EDIT: Randomnity reminded me-Procrastination. That's a big one as well.

Last edited:

GinKuusouka

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFP-

-being too sensitive for my own damned good!

-procrastination. (I'll work on it....tomorrow.)

-Notorious for disappearing into one of my monastic quests for self-actualization which involves cutting off all ties to the outside world. (A common complaint from my close friends, "DON'T YOU EVER PICK UP YOUR PHONE?!" Can't they understand I'm busy trying to find myself? :rolli: )

-Conversely, I apparently am very nosy, according to some coworkers of mine. :shock: I'm not sure if that's type-related or not, but the accusation certainly does surprise me! (Then again, I think they only say it to push my buttons. I can be quite the chatterbox at work and worm my way into others' conversations without realizing I'm not supposed to. You see, there are certain social rules I need to adhere to...and I just don't. Awkward.)

-I have a knack for reading people, but while I am able to get the gyst of things, my interpretations of the thoughts behind their emotional demonstrations are probably way off base, due to my subjective spin on everything. That gets annoying fast.

-I constantly doubt my own abilities. bah.

There's so much more, but I figure those are my biggest challenges at present, so there you go. hehe. :)

Wow I so hear you on that. :) Also for INFP (at least myself):

Being unable to say no to someone in need. >.> I used to give just about anything that I had up to whoever wanted it, no joke. Now... I'm at least getting better at the whole "No" deal. Still need to practice though.

Not flipping out so much when someone uses an angry tone with me. I do not like it. Even if I can act cool during the situation, usually afterwards I start to cry or feel upset.

Vivid

MBTI Type
ISTJ
ISTJ: Spontaneity, tolerating others who are late, tolerating loud noises, tolerating messes. I'm sure I'm not the only ISTJ who doesn't like children (noise, messiness, and unpredictability in one little ragamuffin). I also don't like animals.
But the hardest thing is tolerating these things because I want to be polite. I don't want to be disliked. =( So I just complain in my head.

GargoylesLegacy

Kickin' Ass since 1984
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w9
What I wanted to say is summed up pretty well by the following Posts:

Making connections and maintaining a social network.

Having to deal with idiots who don't understand what I'm talking about or seeing.

Finding a state of mind in which one is not surrounded by idiots.

Translating your thoughts and abstractions.
Sometimes this makes speaking hard...

In other Words: INTJ - Impossible to find Someone on your Level who you can talk to about Things and will actually understand what you mean / say. Jeez! :shock:

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
For me ... motivating myself to follow through and complete things. I see it in other INTPs as well.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP - procrastination is up there, though maybe not the biggest....there's so many more interesting things to do...

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Anything to do with Fe for INTJs, I think.

EDIT: lol, just saw Gargoyle's quotes...Fe it is.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
*sigh* Turning off our psychosensitive radar. Emotions and intentions emit silent radio frequencies like invisible energy rings and we never miss a wave because our Ni is such advanced technology that we are ill-equipped to master our response/absorption rate and it inundates us over and over and over and over...

(Fun with metaphors!) Imagine having a 22nd century space probe transmitting emotional data to a 20th century emotional receptor: overwhelming.

Quixotic

MBTI Type
INFP
Wow I so hear you on that. :) Also for INFP (at least myself):

Being unable to say no to someone in need. >.> I used to give just about anything that I had up to whoever wanted it, no joke. Now... I'm at least getting better at the whole "No" deal. Still need to practice though.

Not flipping out so much when someone uses an angry tone with me. I do not like it. Even if I can act cool during the situation, usually afterwards I start to cry or feel upset.

:) I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, hon!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Staying in the present moment. This is particularly true if if I am bored.

heart

heart on fire
Networking for professional purposes.

:::: shudders in fear at just the thought of it ::::::

I think for myself, biggest challenge in life has been asserting myself and also to stop taking so much blame onto myself for the things that have happened around me. I'm not 100 to blame for all the lack of harmony around me, there are other people involved.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJ - Making connections and maintaining a social network.

also

disciplined work schedule
testing myself (accepting challenges)
taking social (extraverted) risks
losing motivation and inspiration too easily
conceptualizing but not doing anything about it
taking care of my body

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
INTP - asking for stuff and bothering peple to get stuff. Don't just think do!

Lightyear

Not getting lost in thought.

Not getting dragged down by one's changing moods/ staying out of internal drama mode.

Just relaxing.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
ISFP- Dealing with the other type's intense envy of us. :)

Jgib5328

MBTI Type
INTJ
Connecting with others, fitting in, explaining my thoughts, smiling..