• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

John and Linda

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
If it's Fi, why isn't it Ni. Who decides this stuff.
Ne is stronger than Ni. As in, you use more intuition or less.
It is not a question of a decision. I suggest you take the Cognitive Processes Test, so you see what it is. If you have a strong secondary function and it is Te, your third function is not Fi.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Quite correct :)

I've read that no two people make sandwiches exactly the same way as each other... which would make sense.

Some people make a pretty sloppy construction, some are content with simplicity and others want a gourmet sandwich.

I always prefered a straightforward sandwich of bread and meat- there's less chance it will fall apart when you eat it! ;)

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've read that no two people make sandwiches exactly the same way as each other... which would make sense.

Some people make a pretty sloppy construction, some are content with simplicity and others want a gourmet sandwich.

I always prefered a straightforward sandwich of bread and meat- there's less chance it will fall apart when you eat it! ;)
I also prefer the straighforward sandwich! I hated the sloppy sandwiches in a Hamburger joint in Borga. The sandwich fell apart.. the contents were scattered all over the table.
In France they give you a knife and a fork in every place. And they did not even have wine!
In Cyprus they have good wine in every location. :smile:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've never been happy with a sandwich that I had to use a fork and knife for... it seems too proper!

I've also never been fond of sandwiches that spill thier fillings on me while I am eating them- having to clean up afterwords makes it lose some of its convencience.

I liked the simple Brazilian steak sandwich that I was often handed by the maid on the way out the convent door- a slice of steak between two halves of a bread- delicious and perfect :wubbie: (the Brazilians used bread more similar to what would be called a roll here- it was smaller, so you would simply slice it in half and put your sandwich filling in the middle!)

And a sandwich with a good beer is heaven! :cheers:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What I'm wondering is whether you're upset with people's perception (or conception?) of the system, or with the system itself. Or maybe with the relation between those two...

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I've never been happy with a sandwich that I had to use a fork and knife for... it seems too proper!

I've also never been fond of sandwiches that spill thier fillings on me while I am eating them- having to clean up afterwords makes it lose some of its convencience.

I liked the simple Brazilian steak sandwich that I was often handed by the maid on the way out the convent door- a slice of steak between two halves of a bread- delicious and perfect :wubbie: (the Brazilians used bread more similar to what would be called a roll here- it was smaller, so you would simply slice it in half and put your sandwich filling in the middle!)

And a sandwich with a good beer is heaven! :cheers:
It seems they have good service in the convent in Brazil. :smile:
I hope St. Peter has introduced the service to the upper floor of the Church as well.

I might go to heaven after all.
All I require in the mornings is a cold pint of Lowenbrau, with a Bavarian Wurst to match. It has to be served with the fresh issue of The Times, of course. And in a proper glass. ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What I'm wondering is whether you're upset with people's perception (or conception?) of the system, or with the system itself. Or maybe with the relation between those two...

I interpreted it as more of a slight discontent with the rigidity that people use with the system.... the formation of Orthodox MBTI in a way... :laugh:

After all- all sandwiches aren't BLTs- some are even wrapped in tortillas! ;)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It seems they have good service in the convent in Brazil. :smile:
I hope St. Peter has introduced the service to the upper floor of the Church as well.

I might go to heaven after all.
All I require in the mornings is a cold pint of Lowenbrau, with a Bavarian Wurst to match. It has to be served with the fresh issue of The Times, of course. And in a proper glass. ;)

I would like nothing more than a steak sandwich and a nice glass of brown ale upon dying! :) The maid figured out that this was the proper way to bisect the day as well... :heart:

Such few demands should make you an excellent candidate I'd think- you don't even want golden streets! :holy:

A proper glass makes all the difference- I've been to bars where they serve the beer in plastic glasses.... I took to bringing a glass glass in my purse :blush:

beer tastes better that way.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Whatever put it quite right.
I think the system is sound all right. That is what is so infuriating in the conception of it.
The lopsided interpretation of the function order does not make sense either with the theory or with the empirical data of the Cognitive Processes tests.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I would like nothing more than a steak sandwich and a nice glass of brown ale upon dying! :) The maid figured out that this was the proper way to bisect the day as well... :heart:

Such few demands should make you an excellent candidate I'd think- you don't even want golden streets! :holy:

A proper glass makes all the difference- I've been to bars where they serve the beer in plastic glasses.... I took to bringing a glass glass in my purse :blush:

beer tastes better that way.
Thank you. :)

If you are interested I wink Peter. He is a simple fisherman.. he appreciates simple tastes and modesty and good plain food and wine and beer and dance.

All I hope is heaven has a glass factory, or two. Those plastic mugs are not civilised.
And imagine.. I have heard rumors there exist bars where they give you the bottle and that's it. No mug at all!
Not even the plastic one. :run:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes there's a lot more intricacy in the most seemingly simple things than one would expect- a perfect glass of wine has subtle nuances that you could never manage to capture in a mixed drink. All you need to do is pour it. :)

I'd take the simple fish over the higher class resteraunt fare any day of the week- I've always been disturbed by the concept of white tablecloths and good silver anyways :doh:

I've been to bars where they won't serve anything except for in cans once or twice- it was a horrible experience! I don't think I'd be pleased with a heaven without glasses and good beer... not since I know that they exist!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You know, I know some people enjoy your poetic/koan style, but I personally find it bothersome and a bit pretentious. If you have something to say or to ask, why disguise it in words? I know you're into Zen, but that's really the opposite of a koan. A koan is supposed to make the complex simply, you take the simple and make it needlessly complex. You may have interesting ideas, but I don't have the motivation to sift through the riddles to find them.

Peace.

I have to agree here. May I ask why the dense, pseudo-poetic style? I can't seem to muster up the motivation to sift through it to find the point.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Sometimes there's a lot more intricacy in the most seemingly simple things than one would expect- a perfect glass of wine has subtle nuances that you could never manage to capture in a mixed drink. All you need to do is pour it. :)

I'd take the simple fish over the higher class resteraunt fare any day of the week- I've always been disturbed by the concept of white tablecloths and good silver anyways :doh:

I've been to bars where they won't serve anything except for in cans once or twice- it was a horrible experience! I don't think I'd be pleased with a heaven without glasses and good beer... not since I know that they exist!
I do not mix drinks either. I like my Koskenkorva and my Campari and my Scotch and my Rye and my Schnaps and my Chianti and my Saku and my Saki and my Lowenbrau, unmixed and unstirred.

A fancy restaurant is an abomination. :doh:
Places like El Morocco and the Storck make me sick. Walford Astoria has no taste.
White tablecloth is for the Republicans and all those Country Club Waspies.

Plain country food in a simple diner in a remote village on the riverside in the mountains is the best thing ever.
And if you do not have money it does not matter. You can always help the host with the harvest, or dishes, whatever. ;)

The waspies jog and they go to the gym. They even pay money to do it.
They do not know that the best things in life do not cost anything.
Friedman said there is no free lunch. What did he know?
He was never out in the open. :D

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I have to agree here. May I ask why the dense, pseudo-poetic style? I can't seem to muster up the motivation to sift through it to find the point.
The mode is not the thing.
You are interested in the mode only when you are disinterested in the thing.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

I don't find the medium to be cumbersome at all. It's actually a nice filtration device.

Pseudo-poetic...?

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I don't find the medium to be cumbersome at all. It's actually a nice filtration device.

Pseudo-poetic...?
True.

I thought it was a good filter.
It did work for a time.

Nothing is perfect :)

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Thank goodness comprehension isn't mandatory. ;)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Sandwiches are good.

I'm Fi-Se-Si-Fe myself.

Rock the Casbah. :cool: