User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: John and Linda

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    If it's Fi, why isn't it Ni. Who decides this stuff.
    Ne is stronger than Ni. As in, you use more intuition or less.
    It is not a question of a decision. I suggest you take the Cognitive Processes Test, so you see what it is. If you have a strong secondary function and it is Te, your third function is not Fi.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    like a sandwich?

the base, the filling and the top... only now you're using a rye instead of wheat for the top slice?

Quite correct

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    Quite correct
    I've read that no two people make sandwiches exactly the same way as each other... which would make sense.

Some people make a pretty sloppy construction, some are content with simplicity and others want a gourmet sandwich.

I always prefered a straightforward sandwich of bread and meat- there's less chance it will fall apart when you eat it!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INTP

Smile

I've read that no two people make sandwiches exactly the same way as each other... which would make sense.

Some people make a pretty sloppy construction, some are content with simplicity and others want a gourmet sandwich.

I always prefered a straightforward sandwich of bread and meat- there's less chance it will fall apart when you eat it!
    I also prefer the straighforward sandwich! I hated the sloppy sandwiches in a Hamburger joint in Borga. The sandwich fell apart.. the contents were scattered all over the table.
    In France they give you a knife and a fork in every place. And they did not even have wine!
    In Cyprus they have good wine in every location.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I've never been happy with a sandwich that I had to use a fork and knife for... it seems too proper!

I've also never been fond of sandwiches that spill thier fillings on me while I am eating them- having to clean up afterwords makes it lose some of its convencience.

I liked the simple Brazilian steak sandwich that I was often handed by the maid on the way out the convent door- a slice of steak between two halves of a bread- delicious and perfect (the Brazilians used bread more similar to what would be called a roll here- it was smaller, so you would simply slice it in half and put your sandwich filling in the middle!)

And a sandwich with a good beer is heaven!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

What I'm wondering is whether you're upset with people's perception (or conception?) of the system, or with the system itself. Or maybe with the relation between those two...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTP

I've never been happy with a sandwich that I had to use a fork and knife for... it seems too proper!

I've also never been fond of sandwiches that spill thier fillings on me while I am eating them- having to clean up afterwords makes it lose some of its convencience.

I liked the simple Brazilian steak sandwich that I was often handed by the maid on the way out the convent door- a slice of steak between two halves of a bread- delicious and perfect (the Brazilians used bread more similar to what would be called a roll here- it was smaller, so you would simply slice it in half and put your sandwich filling in the middle!)

And a sandwich with a good beer is heaven!
    It seems they have good service in the convent in Brazil.
    I hope St. Peter has introduced the service to the upper floor of the Church as well.

I might go to heaven after all.
    All I require in the mornings is a cold pint of Lowenbrau, with a Bavarian Wurst to match. It has to be served with the fresh issue of The Times, of course. And in a proper glass.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    What I'm wondering is whether you're upset with people's perception (or conception?) of the system, or with the system itself. Or maybe with the relation between those two...
    I interpreted it as more of a slight discontent with the rigidity that people use with the system.... the formation of Orthodox MBTI in a way...

After all- all sandwiches aren't BLTs- some are even wrapped in tortillas!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    It seems they have good service in the convent in Brazil.
    I hope St. Peter has introduced the service to the upper floor of the Church as well.

I might go to heaven after all.
    All I require in the mornings is a cold pint of Lowenbrau, with a Bavarian Wurst to match. It has to be served with the fresh issue of The Times, of course. And in a proper glass.
    I would like nothing more than a steak sandwich and a nice glass of brown ale upon dying! The maid figured out that this was the proper way to bisect the day as well...

Such few demands should make you an excellent candidate I'd think- you don't even want golden streets!

A proper glass makes all the difference- I've been to bars where they serve the beer in plastic glasses.... I took to bringing a glass glass in my purse

beer tastes better that way.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Whatever put it quite right.
    I think the system is sound all right. That is what is so infuriating in the conception of it.
    The lopsided interpretation of the function order does not make sense either with the theory or with the empirical data of the Cognitive Processes tests.