User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Default Fellow ENFPs is this normal?!?!

Hi there,

I'm calling to all other ENFPs out there to see if my level of craziness is normal. Am currently completing a a college program and I have to meet professionals and do several placements alongside professionals etc and the whole thing is one big long headache for me cos I feel I have to be so guarded all the time!! ARGHH (I've been used to being a hermit for the last little while. Lots of being by myself no routine doing creative stuff etc) So anyway, sometimes I'm sitting there listening about this theory or that and I get so much excitement (Don't really know if thats the right word) / energy building up inside of me I just feel that I am on the verge of trashing the whole room and SO not in an angry way, like in a positive excitable way and when I meet new people I get so excited and curious about them that I find myself saying the WORST things ever.

Sometimes I find myself on the outside looking in at myself thinking what are you are you doing?! I know that I am coming across as loud and brash (and to be honest I'm really not either of these things) and then there is the off-beat sense of humour (sigh) I start cracking jokes that either make people fall off their seat laughing or result in people putting a large sum of money on my head... Fellow students who have only known me all of five minutes are know starting to call me a car crash waiting to happen. I get people wanting to work with me because they know it will make them look good! I have been asked by several people straight out, "Are you high?!"

My ENFP homies out there I need some help
    1. Is this normal or am I in some sort of self destructive meltdown? (Wouldn't be surprising, has happened many times before)
    2. How do you switch this feeling off? If my finger is on the self destruct button then HOW or HOW do I remove my godamn finger?!!!!

respect to all you guys who are this type and manage to stand at the edge of the cliff without jumping!

Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Hi there,

I'm calling to all other ENFPs out there to see if my level of craziness is normal. Am currently completing a a college program and I have to meet professionals and do several placements alongside professionals etc and the whole thing is one big long headache for me cos I feel I have to be so guarded all the time!! ARGHH (I've been used to being a hermit for the last little while. Lots of being by myself no routine doing creative stuff etc) So anyway, sometimes I'm sitting there listening about this theory or that and I get so much excitement (Don't really know if thats the right word) / energy building up inside of me I just feel that I am on the verge of trashing the whole room and SO not in an angry way, like in a positive excitable way and when I meet new people I get so excited and curious about them that I find myself saying the WORST things ever.

Sometimes I find myself on the outside looking in at myself thinking what are you are you doing?! I know that I am coming across as loud and brash (and to be honest I'm really not either of these things) and then there is the off-beat sense of humour (sigh) I start cracking jokes that either make people fall off their seat laughing or result in people putting a large sum of money on my head... Fellow students who have only known me all of five minutes are know starting to call me a car crash waiting to happen. I get people wanting to work with me because they know it will make them look good! I have been asked by several people straight out, "Are you high?!"

My ENFP homies out there I need some help
    1. Is this normal or am I in some sort of self destructive meltdown? (Wouldn't be surprising, has happened many times before)
    2. How do you switch this feeling off? If my finger is on the self destruct button then HOW or HOW do I remove my godamn finger?!!!!

respect to all you guys who are this type and manage to stand at the edge of the cliff without jumping!
    I don't suffer from these type of outbursts at all. I get excited yes, but not to the point you experience. I do find myself making people laugh. It's the easiest way to break the ice.

Ritalin, 0_0 was the first thing I thought , but seriously.
    You can't always do it right, you can always do what's left.

Thoughts rearrange. Familiar now strange. All my skin is drifting on the wind.~

MBTI
    ENFP

lolol so would I but I don't believe in the prescription route for myself ( not in a freaky Tom cruise kinda way though just don't wanna get started on downers then uppers to counteract the downers etc) and just to make it clear when I say outbursts I've not actually trashed anyone's room jst spend all my time nervously paniking about the fact that I will (WHich now reading back to myself doesn't actually make me sound any better) maybe retalin is the only answer after all!

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    lolol so would I but I don't believe in the prescription route for myself ( not in a freaky Tom cruise kinda way though just don't wanna get started on downers then uppers to counteract the downers etc) and just to make it clear when I say outbursts I've not actually trashed anyone's room jst spend all my time nervously paniking about the fact that I will (WHich now reading back to myself doesn't actually make me sound any better) maybe retalin is the only answer after all!
    Hell no, screw the amphetamines. You sound totally normal and are just going through an ENFP phase.

Just remember one thing, you are normal no matter what anyone thinks. Rock on brother and I know how you feel. If it makes you feel better, you do succeed, as much as things look shitty, we ENFP's know how to get our shit together and get life going. I know this sounds wierd, but you will see in the future what I am talking about.

MBTI
    ENFP

Thanks for the encouragement! I won't wolf down the retalin just yet then... I'll hold on until I have actually trashed my tutors room but maybe a bit before someone finally snaps and mows me down with a machiene gun!

X WH

MBTI
    INFP

Why, yes, your overindulgence in ?!?!'s is indeed normal.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

LOL this is as normal for an ENFP as it gets. the key to maturity is simply not to give a crap and keep doing what you're doing.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Lol don't be worryin'...it's like this for all of us.

People ask me if I'm on drugs daily. My friends, my teachers...everyone. My dad thinks I do pot.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    ENFP

The weird thing is that usually I am one of those weird emotionless ENFPs that really should go and get their hormone levels checked! But then can impulses really be classed as emotions... not sure

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

"Are you high?!"
    i get that on a near daily basis haha

i would find an activity that lets you get all the ENFP energy out so you can focus on work. i go to the gym and workout/socialize and that helps me focus. or ill hang out with my best friend (ENTP) and just theorize. stuff like that really helps me get out the wiggles (<-- a throwback to pre-school...i swear).
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1