• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fellow ENFPs is this normal?!?!

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hi there,

I'm calling to all other ENFPs out there to see if my level of craziness is normal. Am currently completing a a college program and I have to meet professionals and do several placements alongside professionals etc and the whole thing is one big long headache for me cos I feel I have to be so guarded all the time!! ARGHH (I've been used to being a hermit for the last little while. Lots of being by myself no routine doing creative stuff etc) So anyway, sometimes I'm sitting there listening about this theory or that and I get so much excitement (Don't really know if thats the right word) / energy building up inside of me I just feel that I am on the verge of trashing the whole room and SO not in an angry way, like in a positive excitable way and when I meet new people I get so excited and curious about them that I find myself saying the WORST things ever.

Sometimes I find myself on the outside looking in at myself thinking what are you are you doing?! I know that I am coming across as loud and brash (and to be honest I'm really not either of these things) and then there is the off-beat sense of humour (sigh) I start cracking jokes that either make people fall off their seat laughing or result in people putting a large sum of money on my head... Fellow students who have only known me all of five minutes are know starting to call me a car crash waiting to happen. I get people wanting to work with me because they know it will make them look good! I have been asked by several people straight out, "Are you high?!"

My ENFP homies out there I need some help
1. Is this normal or am I in some sort of self destructive meltdown? (Wouldn't be surprising, has happened many times before)
2. How do you switch this feeling off? If my finger is on the self destruct button then HOW or HOW do I remove my godamn finger?!!!!

respect to all you guys who are this type and manage to stand at the edge of the cliff without jumping!

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hi there,

I'm calling to all other ENFPs out there to see if my level of craziness is normal. Am currently completing a a college program and I have to meet professionals and do several placements alongside professionals etc and the whole thing is one big long headache for me cos I feel I have to be so guarded all the time!! ARGHH (I've been used to being a hermit for the last little while. Lots of being by myself no routine doing creative stuff etc) So anyway, sometimes I'm sitting there listening about this theory or that and I get so much excitement (Don't really know if thats the right word) / energy building up inside of me I just feel that I am on the verge of trashing the whole room and SO not in an angry way, like in a positive excitable way and when I meet new people I get so excited and curious about them that I find myself saying the WORST things ever.

Sometimes I find myself on the outside looking in at myself thinking what are you are you doing?! I know that I am coming across as loud and brash (and to be honest I'm really not either of these things) and then there is the off-beat sense of humour (sigh) I start cracking jokes that either make people fall off their seat laughing or result in people putting a large sum of money on my head... Fellow students who have only known me all of five minutes are know starting to call me a car crash waiting to happen. I get people wanting to work with me because they know it will make them look good! I have been asked by several people straight out, "Are you high?!"

My ENFP homies out there I need some help
1. Is this normal or am I in some sort of self destructive meltdown? (Wouldn't be surprising, has happened many times before)
2. How do you switch this feeling off? If my finger is on the self destruct button then HOW or HOW do I remove my godamn finger?!!!!

respect to all you guys who are this type and manage to stand at the edge of the cliff without jumping!

I don't suffer from these type of outbursts at all. I get excited yes, but not to the point you experience. I do find myself making people laugh. It's the easiest way to break the ice.

Ritalin, 0_0 was the first thing I thought :laugh:, but seriously.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
lolol so would I but I don't believe in the prescription route for myself ( not in a freaky Tom cruise kinda way though just don't wanna get started on downers then uppers to counteract the downers etc) and just to make it clear when I say outbursts I've not actually trashed anyone's room jst spend all my time nervously paniking about the fact that I will (WHich now reading back to myself doesn't actually make me sound any better) maybe retalin is the only answer after all!

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
lolol so would I but I don't believe in the prescription route for myself ( not in a freaky Tom cruise kinda way though just don't wanna get started on downers then uppers to counteract the downers etc) and just to make it clear when I say outbursts I've not actually trashed anyone's room jst spend all my time nervously paniking about the fact that I will (WHich now reading back to myself doesn't actually make me sound any better) maybe retalin is the only answer after all!

Hell no, screw the amphetamines. You sound totally normal and are just going through an ENFP phase.

Just remember one thing, you are normal no matter what anyone thinks. Rock on brother and I know how you feel. If it makes you feel better, you do succeed, as much as things look shitty, we ENFP's know how to get our shit together and get life going. I know this sounds wierd, but you will see in the future what I am talking about.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Thanks for the encouragement! I won't wolf down the retalin just yet then... I'll hold on until I have actually trashed my tutors room but maybe a bit before someone finally snaps and mows me down with a machiene gun!

X WH

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
LOL this is as normal for an ENFP as it gets. the key to maturity is simply not to give a crap and keep doing what you're doing.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol don't be worryin'...it's like this for all of us. :yes:

People ask me if I'm on drugs daily. My friends, my teachers...everyone. My dad thinks I do pot.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
The weird thing is that usually I am one of those weird emotionless ENFPs that really should go and get their hormone levels checked! But then can impulses really be classed as emotions... not sure

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
"Are you high?!"
i get that on a near daily basis haha

i would find an activity that lets you get all the ENFP energy out so you can focus on work. i go to the gym and workout/socialize and that helps me focus. or ill hang out with my best friend (ENTP) and just theorize. stuff like that really helps me get out the wiggles (<-- a throwback to pre-school...i swear).

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea I think I may give it a go, part of the problem could be that I spent ALOT of time alone before this and was able to fuel my energy and frustration into creative prusuits hat didn't really require me conforming to scheduals or mixing with formal people I could just do my own thing. So basically I now need to find an outlet for my ENFPness (umm wish me luck with that one)

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Haha, "Are you high?"... I get told that too. By teachers as well. Sometimes with my friends I'll be a certain way but somewhere along the line I become really excitable. Then they're like WTF? But they love it :D

If you really would consider Ritalin, well listen to this.

"ADHD in children is caused almost entirely by the consumption of processed food ingredients such as artificial colors and refined carbohydrates. Eighty percent of so-called ADHD children who are taken off processed foods are cured of ADHD in two weeks."

But I think it's just a normal ENFP thing :)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
ADHD doesn't exist. if you go to Europe they laugh at the notion of ADHD. all it is is a chemical imbalance that can be fixed with a better diet and the right activities.

ya ENFPs can be insane.

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yea absolutely agree (The retalin thing was me playing along with the joke) but I personally do not agree with medicating for such problems. And yes you are right ADHD seems most prevalent in countries known for bad diet and high rates of obesity (Not wishing to generalise in saying that everyone who is obese has a bad diet just quoting something I have read) The same can be said for lots of illness, schizophrenia for example and there is a whole body of work attributing cancer to a bad diet

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
schizophrenia most likely wouldn't exist if people ate right. it is a massive lack of voltage in the brain which is most of the time caused by a massive lack of dopamine.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
schizophrenia most likely wouldn't exist if people ate right. it is a massive lack of voltage in the brain which is most of the time caused by a massive lack of dopamine.

Schizophrenia is strongly associated with high dopamine activity, not a lack of dopamine, as far as I know.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Schizophrenia is strongly associated with high dopamine activity, not a lack of dopamine, as far as I know.
schizophrenia is an extreme lack of voltage in the brain. dopamine has to do with the voltage of the brain. the more dopamine you have the more "voltage" you have. and vice versa.

i might be wrong though.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hm. ^_^;; I too am an ENFP that had a hermit streak for a while.

I had a point in my life where I neither desired to find out what I was missing on, nor did I know what was to desire in the first place. I think I could be considered not very social-savvy back then, so I was known to say the wrong things, and rub people the wrong way.

Maybe it is that we don't like intial change.. but after the change is there we're okay with it entirely, and may even like it better. I hate the start of something, but never mind when I've started already. Maybe you're trying to adjust, and you've been such an apathetic hermit so long you're hearts fluttering at the change that's started.. Making you feel overcome with ?!?!?!'s. That's a normal thing.. If you don't EVENTUALLY mellow out, I dunno what to tell you, but it took me a good year and a half to become someone social and 'normal' again.

Interestingly enough, my first time at a Rave-like scene everyone thought I was "rolling". I had no idea what the lingo meant at the time, and when I was about to leave someone asked and I said "Oh yes! But this was lovely!" .. :shock: Boy were my cheeks red when I found out they all thought I was on X. I also thought "party favors" were the glow sticks the girls with the cigarette-box bins were carrying. :rolli: I got schooled on drug lingo that night.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
well...i'm still figuring out the i/e thing but...have wondered a few times if i was a bit manic...i'm usually super laid back...but i get unnaturally excited about certain ideas...like several business ideas i've had...i'm pretty sure i sound manic once i get going about them...and can relate to the feeling of elevated heart beat and feeling of wanting to flip out...or something...and most everyone thinks i'm off...in some way...but...i think they like that about me?? at least...that's the way i choose to see it. :)

but sounds like it's normal...according to the other responses...so yay you/us :)

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hm. ^_^;; I too am an ENFP that had a hermit streak for a while.

I had a point in my life where I neither desired to find out what I was missing on, nor did I know what was to desire in the first place. I think I could be considered not very social-savvy back then, so I was known to say the wrong things, and rub people the wrong way.

Maybe it is that we don't like intial change.. but after the change is there we're okay with it entirely, and may even like it better. I hate the start of something, but never mind when I've started already. Maybe you're trying to adjust, and you've been such an apathetic hermit so long you're hearts fluttering at the change that's started.. Making you feel overcome with ?!?!?!'s. That's a normal thing.. If you don't EVENTUALLY mellow out, I dunno what to tell you, but it took me a good year and a half to become someone social and 'normal' again.

Interestingly enough, my first time at a Rave-like scene everyone thought I was "rolling". I had no idea what the lingo meant at the time, and when I was about to leave someone asked and I said "Oh yes! But this was lovely!" .. :shock: Boy were my cheeks red when I found out they all thought I was on X. I also thought "party favors" were the glow sticks the girls with the cigarette-box bins were carrying. :rolli: I got schooled on drug lingo that night.

funny...i think i was at that party haha...i know the cigarette girls and glow sticks well :)
dallas thing...or maybe not??