User Tag List

12 Last

Default Best mbti descriptions I've found

I think the descriptions on this site are the most accurate and detailed analysis of motivations and thought processes for my type, and I suspect all of them.

Best-Fit Type : Exploring the Multiple Models of Personality Type

The section in the middle of the page, "do you know your best fit type?" Not the team dynamics stuff on the top.

What do you guys think? re: your own type description.

heart on fire

I think the INFP description decribes me very well. I get so confused with the descriptions in other places that put so much important on how relationship orientated and conflict avoiding crawlers INFP are supposed to be. I am only relationship orientated with the people closest to me. I kept wondering how I could fit so much with the F except for that.

When I read all the descriptions of the IN version there, I am now much more comfortable with the INFP label. Thank you for sharing this!

MBTI
    INTJ

INTJ is pretty much me, some of it is eerily me. The ISTJ is my husband to a "T".

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Natrushka View Post
    INTJ is pretty much me, some of it is eerily me. The ISTJ is my husband to a "T".
    Would you say it's more accurate than any other INTJ description you've read? Are there things in the description that you didn't hear described elsewhere?

MBTI
    INTJ

There are things that I could have written. I've seen that in a few other descriptions of INTJs but not to this extent.

I often feel I am missing something, that I have a perspective or viewpoint that isn’t widely shared

I am naturally organized, structured, and analytical. If a project enters my mind it immediately assumes the form of its pieces, its basic structure, and what order—first, next, last—it will take to get it done.

I won’t do something if I feel I can’t do it well. I prefer trying something, then critique after the fact. I will integrate the experience and never make the same mistakes again. I am satisfied when things work well, and I like to improve people’s lives by reorganizing and introducing things in an understandable way that is explicit and clear and makes sense.

I keep myself very private; that’s a part of who I am. I keep people at arm’s length. They have to gain my trust and interest. People are curious about me, I think, but only the brave try to figure me out. I feel very serious, but some I meet I just like a lot, and I can be spontaneously playful. I have a sensitivity to people and can feel warm with them, although many perceive me as intimidating, aloof or annoyed, or incredibly calm and competent about everything.

There’s always something to occupy my mind or attention.

Autonomy is important, to be respected for my own thoughts and feelings, ideas and creativity. ... And if the emotional piece is not well managed in my life, or not compartmentalized, work is very difficult. Chitchat is tedious. I don’t know what to say, and I figure the other person isn’t actually interested in me anyway.

Over time I have built a world-view, like constructing a map of the cosmos, and from this, essentially everything is understandable and anything is possible. All the things I’ve done, have been self-taught by picking up on or asking myself good, clear, penetrating questions to expose and articulate the hidden structures that underlie the experience of living.
    I could have written this. I have said these things about myself. The first time I read an INTJ description the line about INTJs knowing what they know, and knowing if they could help you or not spoke to me. That and having a very strong will, being stubborn. The bestfittype.com comes closest to being me.

This is the one thing I do not agree with, or rather, recognize in myself.

"I’m always interested in extending myself into areas I don’t do well in."

I sent the link for ISTJs to my husband to see what he's got to say about it. I'm 99.99% sure he'll say "Yes, that is me."

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ERTP

they are a little soft on the weaknesses of each type and very into how each type sees itself (or would like to see itself) rather than how they actually are

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    they are a little soft on the weaknesses of each type and very into how each type sees itself (or would like to see itself) rather than how they actually are
    Could you give a few examples of why you think the latter part?

Yes, it's all written as first-person narrative, but if you distill out the main conceptions of each paragraph, the ones I looked at seem to fit easily within the known parameters for the type at hand.

I didn't have any problems with the descriptions for INTP (and, as far as I could tell, INFP). The comments seemed believable as the voicings of a particular individual within the general category.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I think the INFP description decribes me very well. I get so confused with the descriptions in other places that put so much important on how relationship orientated and conflict avoiding crawlers INFP are supposed to be. I am only relationship orientated with the people closest to me. I kept wondering how I could fit so much with the F except for that.

When I read all the descriptions of the IN version there, I am now much more comfortable with the INFP label. Thank you for sharing this!
    I have felt the same way about some INFP descriptions. I am pretty hardheaded, strong willed, and more than capable of standing up for myself. I don't tuck my tail between my legs and back out. But I don't seek out conflict either, as I think most of it (especially the nasty verbal or physical stuff) stems from unnecessary, virtually meaningless ego clashes. If someone has some miscontrued perception of who I am or what I'm like, that's their problem. I know who I am, and that's what matters to me.

Hmm, totally went off on a tangent there.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

From the INTJ description:

"And I’ve found it’s good to gather as many facts as I can."

This site gets points for being the only one I've seen to include that in the description. Other sites go on and on about the INTJ being decisive, decisive, decisive, but I always strive to consider things from the maximum number of angles and gather as much information as possible in the time frame I have to work with before making decisions.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

As usual, the INTP and INTJ descriptions both seem to fit, and have a lot in common. What this one does to well is show the annoyances and ways of looking at things that the two types have that don't fit neatly into the "P" and "J" labels.