• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Best mbti descriptions I've found

heart

heart on fire
I think the INFP description decribes me very well. I get so confused with the descriptions in other places that put so much important on how relationship orientated and conflict avoiding crawlers INFP are supposed to be. I am only relationship orientated with the people closest to me. I kept wondering how I could fit so much with the F except for that.

When I read all the descriptions of the IN version there, I am now much more comfortable with the INFP label. Thank you for sharing this!

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ is pretty much me, some of it is eerily me. The ISTJ is my husband to a "T".

meanlittlechimp

MBTI Type
ENTP
INTJ is pretty much me, some of it is eerily me. The ISTJ is my husband to a "T".

Would you say it's more accurate than any other INTJ description you've read? Are there things in the description that you didn't hear described elsewhere?

Natrushka

Pareo cattus
MBTI Type
INTJ
There are things that I could have written. I've seen that in a few other descriptions of INTJs but not to this extent.

I often feel I am missing something, that I have a perspective or viewpoint that isn’t widely shared

I am naturally organized, structured, and analytical. If a project enters my mind it immediately assumes the form of its pieces, its basic structure, and what order—first, next, last—it will take to get it done.

I won’t do something if I feel I can’t do it well. I prefer trying something, then critique after the fact. I will integrate the experience and never make the same mistakes again. I am satisfied when things work well, and I like to improve people’s lives by reorganizing and introducing things in an understandable way that is explicit and clear and makes sense.

I keep myself very private; that’s a part of who I am. I keep people at arm’s length. They have to gain my trust and interest. People are curious about me, I think, but only the brave try to figure me out. I feel very serious, but some I meet I just like a lot, and I can be spontaneously playful. I have a sensitivity to people and can feel warm with them, although many perceive me as intimidating, aloof or annoyed, or incredibly calm and competent about everything.

There’s always something to occupy my mind or attention.

Autonomy is important, to be respected for my own thoughts and feelings, ideas and creativity. ... And if the emotional piece is not well managed in my life, or not compartmentalized, work is very difficult. Chitchat is tedious. I don’t know what to say, and I figure the other person isn’t actually interested in me anyway.

Over time I have built a world-view, like constructing a map of the cosmos, and from this, essentially everything is understandable and anything is possible. All the things I’ve done, have been self-taught by picking up on or asking myself good, clear, penetrating questions to expose and articulate the hidden structures that underlie the experience of living.

I could have written this. I have said these things about myself. The first time I read an INTJ description the line about INTJs knowing what they know, and knowing if they could help you or not spoke to me. That and having a very strong will, being stubborn. The bestfittype.com comes closest to being me.

This is the one thing I do not agree with, or rather, recognize in myself.

"I’m always interested in extending myself into areas I don’t do well in."

I sent the link for ISTJs to my husband to see what he's got to say about it. I'm 99.99% sure he'll say "Yes, that is me."

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
they are a little soft on the weaknesses of each type and very into how each type sees itself (or would like to see itself) rather than how they actually are

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
they are a little soft on the weaknesses of each type and very into how each type sees itself (or would like to see itself) rather than how they actually are

Could you give a few examples of why you think the latter part?

Yes, it's all written as first-person narrative, but if you distill out the main conceptions of each paragraph, the ones I looked at seem to fit easily within the known parameters for the type at hand.

I didn't have any problems with the descriptions for INTP (and, as far as I could tell, INFP). The comments seemed believable as the voicings of a particular individual within the general category.

Cindyrella

MBTI Type
INFP
I think the INFP description decribes me very well. I get so confused with the descriptions in other places that put so much important on how relationship orientated and conflict avoiding crawlers INFP are supposed to be. I am only relationship orientated with the people closest to me. I kept wondering how I could fit so much with the F except for that.

When I read all the descriptions of the IN version there, I am now much more comfortable with the INFP label. Thank you for sharing this!

I have felt the same way about some INFP descriptions. I am pretty hardheaded, strong willed, and more than capable of standing up for myself. I don't tuck my tail between my legs and back out. But I don't seek out conflict either, as I think most of it (especially the nasty verbal or physical stuff) stems from unnecessary, virtually meaningless ego clashes. If someone has some miscontrued perception of who I am or what I'm like, that's their problem. I know who I am, and that's what matters to me.

Hmm, totally went off on a tangent there.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
From the INTJ description:

"And I’ve found it’s good to gather as many facts as I can."

This site gets points for being the only one I've seen to include that in the description. Other sites go on and on about the INTJ being decisive, decisive, decisive, but I always strive to consider things from the maximum number of angles and gather as much information as possible in the time frame I have to work with before making decisions.

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ
As usual, the INTP and INTJ descriptions both seem to fit, and have a lot in common. What this one does to well is show the annoyances and ways of looking at things that the two types have that don't fit neatly into the "P" and "J" labels.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's a very good link for type descriptions. Thanks for posting. It helps straighten out some of the stereotypes that have evolved online like urban legends. ;)

That INFJ description does fit me overall. I've noticed how different I am from other INFJs i know, but am now wondering if they are actually ISFJs. Some of the INFJ points that especially apply to me include...

The quest for more knowledge, the meaning of life, the philosophical questions—my mind is always occupied...
I am an abstract future thinker, looking at things from different perspectives...

Inspiring others, helping them find their purpose or meaning, being a different kind of leader from what’s traditional—that’s really gratifying. I just do that naturally. The challenge is opening up people’s minds to have their own original thoughts...

I like whatever gets us to think beyond the box, where people can function better because they are not afraid to say things they really feel. I have a lot of imagination and by and large can amuse myself. ..

I do my best thinking alone, and I like getting out in nature, being alone to go inside and center myself...

Sometimes the connections and perceptions in my mind are so abstract there are no words to explain. A lot of times I just know something and can’t explain it—a premonition that’s hard to articulate...

Not knowing the right thing to say and do is stressful...

If we spent more time trying to understand each other’s point of view, to communicate more effectively, we would grow. In an honest, open, sincere relationship, I can accomplish anything. My challenge is to create those kinds of relationships. ..

Provides genuine, meaningful feedback, which does not always have to be positive, to let them know you are aware of their contributions.

In both the INFJ and INTP descriptions, I notice valuing honesty, integrity, and continual learning. :party2: