User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTP

Well put. It was an important part of my growth as a person to clearly see the negative aspects of my personality. But for me, instead of helping me realize that I was not All Bad, it made me realize that I was not All Good. I really had a low opinion who were very different from me.

For me, it's important to have a clear understanding of both sides. My focus for growth, however, is on my strengths. I don't work very hard on changing my weaknesses. I look for other people who are good where I'm not and enlist their help, wisdom, skills, etc. Over time I have found that I really own and use my strengths and other people appreciate them more. I also can see that my weaknesses are somewhat lessened almost by accident. For example, I might make sure I have a J around to keep me from going off track on a project and without my realizing it a little of Jness rubs off on me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    This website discusses the shadow also but not in much detail.
    teamtechnology
    Thanks for this Mom. I'm definitely going to start a Quenk collection by the way. She's even a father approved source! Apparently he met her once and she's a "nice" person. It always helps to read the approved theories I find. It helps cut down on the semantical arguments.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Xander View Post
    Thanks for this Mom. I'm definitely going to start a Quenk collection by the way. She's even a father approved source! Apparently he met her once and she's a "nice" person. It always helps to read the approved theories I find. It helps cut down on the semantical arguments.
    Gee, I feel better knowing that, too!

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    Was That Really Me? by Naomi Quenk is about eruptions of the inferior.

Lots of teh coaching books like Differentiated Coaching and Introduction to Type and Coaching have information on common flaws

Working Together by Isachsen and Behrens points out all kinds of flaws

Sundial by Brydans is all about type and disease

Three Keys to Self-Understanding by Wyman weds the Enneagram with type to show how people can learn to take control of their lives,

SoulTypes by Hirsh and Kise is mainly on spirituality but has stuff on how each type spirals out of control.

Jung's Psychological Types probably has the most negative info since he derived it via working with people who weren't mentally healthy.

There's also the little fact that type is about normal differences among normal people, and every single type can be arrogant/stubborn/bossy/insecure/etc. depending on nurture/roles/difficulties. Because it's used so much with teams a lot of the resources were developed in keeping with the idea that giving people ammunition to tear each other down is generally not helpful...

Are Sundial and Three Keys to Self-Understanding new books? I haven't been able to locate them at my well-connected library system.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.

MBTI
    INTJ

You might want to try bookfinder.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jae Rae View Post
    Are Sundial and Three Keys to Self-Understanding new books? I haven't been able to locate them at my well-connected library system.
    They're published by CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type. so they might not be anywhere near a public library. I'm constantly amazed to see which books of mine libraries do and don't carry...
    edcoaching

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by edcoaching View Post
    They're published by CAPT: Training, Books, Research for MBTI, Archetypes, Leadership, Psychological Type. so they might not be anywhere near a public library. I'm constantly amazed to see which books of mine libraries do and don't carry...
    Thanks Ed. The system I belong to (Berkeley Public) is part of Link+ which includes some academic libraries, too.
    Proud Female Rider in Maverick's Bike Club.