User Tag List

12 Last

Default People that are strong in Ni,Ti,Te and Ne

MBTI says that all types have some function combination. But to me it looks that there is one more combination that is not so rare that you can just say that it is combination like any other that is possible.

To me it looks like that some people have combination of Ni,Ti,Te and Ne functions as the main four functions. It looks that this traits appear only in INTs and it looks that this people are not too good at using Fe.

I will offer myself as an example. But it looks that I am not the only one.

extraverted Sensing (Se) *********************** (23.8)
    limited use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ******************** (20.9)
    limited use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************************** (50.4)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************************ (48.6)
    excellent use
    introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************** (38.2)
    excellent use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) *** (3.7)
    unused
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ****************** (18.8)
    limited use

To me this looks like that analytical skills are boosted at the cost of Fe(and Fi). This result looks kind of robotic, but I have a lot of robotic traits and it seems to me that this result is correct for me.

Any coments or ideas?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Do INTPs often have high Ni on that test? I think it might have been my lowest score. Ti and Te were very high, followed by Ne.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Ni was way down there with Fi on my test results...

the other 3 are quite nicely high though!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    intp

Yes, those are my four strongest according to the last test (Ti, Ne, Te, Ni), but Ni was previously fifth (when Te was first). Fe is always the weakest.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Does anyone know what site has the test Antisocial referenced?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I believe it's called the Cognitive Processes Test.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx

I think the theory is actually flexible enough to incorporate your results.

A persons dominant, lets use Te for instance, often has blind spots that the "backup function", Ti in this case, needs to take care of. Very early on, the oppositional (5th) can become highly developed because it actually further strengthens the dominant. The auxiliary (2nd) and the discovery (6th) functions also have this backbone like relationship.

So it makes sense that if someone is Ti Ne, they will develop Te Ni to a stronger degree than their other functions, because developing those actually indirectly strengthens their dominant functions.

I have seen it written that the order of function development goes:
    1st dominant
    2nd auxilary
    5th oppositional
    3rd tertiary
    6th discovery
    4th aspirational

So the ENTJ might be Te Ni Se Fi Ti Ne Si Fe for PREFERANCE. As in, if they had equal skill in all of these, that is how they would choose to use the functions. However, its not unusual to see Te, Ni, Ti, Ne=Se, Fi etc for actual skill development.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I took the cognitive processes test before and came up with Ti>Te>Se>Ne (or something like that; I'm sure of the first two, and I remember that my "most likely" type was ESTP). Ni was underrepresented.

The descriptions on this page place me comfortably in the INTJ category, though I seem to have an Ni-Ne mixture. I like that all eight functions are covered for each type, so you can see what purposes the "missing" functions are serving.

Quote Originally Posted by Babylon Candle View Post
    I think the theory is actually flexible enough to incorporate your results.

A persons dominant, lets use Te for instance, often has blind spots that the "backup function", Ti in this case, needs to take care of. Very early on, the oppositional (5th) can become highly developed because it actually further strengthens the dominant. The auxiliary (2nd) and the discovery (6th) functions also have this backbone like relationship.

So it makes sense that if someone is Ti Ne, they will develop Te Ni to a stronger degree than their other functions, because developing those actually indirectly strengthens their dominant functions.

I have seen it written that the order of function development goes:
    1st dominant
    2nd auxilary
    5th oppositional
    3rd tertiary
    6th discovery
    4th aspirational

So the ENTJ might be Te Ni Se Fi Ti Ne Si Fe for PREFERANCE. As in, if they had equal skill in all of these, that is how they would choose to use the functions. However, its not unusual to see Te, Ni, Ti, Ne=Se, Fi etc for actual skill development.
    I fully agree with you.
    For me it is strange when NTJs and NTPs fight each other bacause of analytical thinking. I always identify with arguments of both sides.
    On the other hand my Fe is total disaster, but probably it is a little bit stronger than this.

MBTI
    xxxx

I run into the similar results with the cognitive function test as well. My Ni and Ne test exactly the same sandwiched between Ti and Te which are also very close together. Fi sneaks in for 4th sometimes. Se is the bottom bottom of the barrel for me, Fe comes second last.

Maybe it has to do with the wording of the test, it isn't inconceivable that the tests don't represent Ne vs Ni very well or Te vs Ti and there ends up being a preference bias toward N and T if you are an xNTx, without a distinction between using them as a judging or perceiving function.

Besides, just because my Fe and Se are low on the test it doesn't mean I don't use them, I use what works depending on the situation.