• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Calculate this.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
A personality with three functions close in power, almost can’t be ordered.
Ni + Te + Ti=? (unsorted)
Is it any helpful?
If so, what skills does this personality gain?
And what are the flaws?
I’d like to know how a function can change the balance between two opposite functions,..
In this example I gave, can introverted functions support each other?
Or it’s just a direction to define the type of the function, and that the direction is not the same in every pair.
I might seem like I don’t know anything about mbti to mention things no one considered them before..
Anyway please give some time thinking about what I mean, I’m just tickling some new ideas rolling in the deep.

Without thinking about the other functions.

InStinct

MBTI Type
INTP
Technically speaking, we can't just skip out on the 4th function, I believe it's impossible to judge this without it.

Ni+Te+Ti seems like a fierce combination to me, with huge confidence and extremely good, fast yet thoughtful decision making, but it completely lacks any kind of interest in actually using this. So there'd need to be something secondary which gives this whole thing some direction. An Fe would probably use this to make the world a better place, while an Se would probably be the best detective in the world. Apparently, I don't see how another intraverted function could support this, and if we're already at impossible scnarios, I assume that Ne would make it possible to acquire a master's degree in quantum physics at the age of 6 :D

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Beautiful..
Let’s add another function.
Si
This one is also strong but just not as the other three..

InStinct

MBTI Type
INTP
Ni+Ti+Te+Si? I believe that's autism. Tasteless jokes aside, I don't really see Si complimenting this in much of a useful way. With a complete lack of a feeling function, a person like this would be really puzzled about feelings in general. I'd imagine a person like this as pretty contradictory. An observer, oblivious of most of the details of what's going on around them but still somehow seeing the big picture of things. I also think there'd be serious communication issues due to the almost total dominance of intraverted functions. Si definitely doesn't help in this case. I also think it is outright impossible to convince this person about just about anything, with Te, a judging function, being the only thing pointing outwards. Problems may very well be present when it comes to understanding "morals" in general. It's pretty much a computer with a sense of intuition.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Ni+Ti+Te+Si? I believe that's autism. Tasteless jokes aside, I don't really see Si complimenting this in much of a useful way. With a complete lack of a feeling function, a person like this would be really puzzled about feelings in general. I'd imagine a person like this as pretty contradictory. An observer, oblivious of most of the details of what's going on around them but still somehow seeing the big picture of things. I also think there'd be serious communication issues due to the almost total dominance of intraverted functions. Si definitely doesn't help in this case. I also think it is outright impossible to convince this person about just about anything, with Te, a judging function, being the only thing pointing outwards. Problems may very well be present when it comes to understanding "morals" in general. It's pretty much a computer with a sense of intuition.

This is awesome!!

Time to add another function,
Fi it’s less powerful than Si..

InStinct

MBTI Type
INTP

This is awesome!!

Time to add another function,
Fi it’s less powerful than Si..

Well this is starting to get a bit too complicated to stay at a theoretical level. I mean that certainly many people with different personalities use their functions differently. I will give it a go though.

With the new Fi function, the person now will have less trouble with feelings and probably with morals too. At least, they'd have some kind of concept of it. The downside of it however is that because still most of the functions are intraverted, it is difficult to really connect with someone, and I think they could be pretty lonely which can lead to problems. This can be compensated if they can develop this Fi and Si and find another intravert, for example a compassionate INFJ friend would definitely help them. What can also help them is some kind of pet, preferably a dog in this case I think. They'd certainly have a difficult time in bigger social settings and still be more of an observer there. I'd imagine them as some kind of biologist or technological researcher, because they certainly have no trouble understanding science and thinking.

Alea_iacta_est

:Ti: and :Te: are counter-perspectives. Their respective worldviews ultimately clash and can be sources of power-struggles. Each type that values one over the other believes that the other is using the counter-perspective either misguidedly or manipulatively.

To demonstrate just exactly how these counter-perspectives clash -

:Ti: - Organizational Logic, Constructing Models, Bringing Order, Establishing Hierarchies and Systems to be followed exactly as laid out.
:Te: - Business Logic, Utilitarianism, Cutting Costs, Ensuring Efficiency, Using What Works and Discarding What Doesn't.

An example: There are two administrators to an organized system, an LSI :)Ti::Se:) and an LIE :)Te::Ni:).

The LSI, having his :Ni: hidden agenda fueled by the utter organization of the system he is enforcing (the system is a cause for him, he must enforce it), is hell-bent on following procedure to a T, as without logical order :)Ti:) there is physical chaos and nothing would ever get done properly. Thus, the LSI is very strict with the application of the rules applied to the system, and acts as a physical operative of the system.

The LIE, embodying the counter-perspective of :Te:, always sees what could be made more efficient, what works and what doesn't work. As he observes the system the LSI is enforcing, he notices changes that could be made to remove some obsolete or useless rules that don't measure up to realistic standards, and then sees how current methods could be improved to become more efficient, and thus promptly informs the LSI of these possible changes.

The LSI feels threatened by the LIE's ideas of change, as they restructure the organization of what already exists and what is already working, what he has been enforcing already, and feels that the LIE is simply wanting to use the system to his own gains, not caring for the logical purity of the system itself. When the LSI denies the LIE's ideas of change, the LIE believes that the LSI is acting foolishly, why follow the system the way it is when there may be easier routes to doing things even though it lessens the logical purity of the system?

This is Structural Logic :Ti: vs Business Logic :Te:. Embodying both would be embodying two different philosophies that openly contradict each other.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Well this is starting to get a bit too complicated to stay at a theoretical level. I mean that certainly many people with different personalities use their functions differently. I will give it a go though.

With the new Fi function, the person now will have less trouble with feelings and probably with morals too. At least, they'd have some kind of concept of it. The downside of it however is that because still most of the functions are intraverted, it is difficult to really connect with someone, and I think they could be pretty lonely which can lead to problems. This can be compensated if they can develop this Fi and Si and find another intravert, for example a compassionate INFJ friend would definitely help them. What can also help them is some kind of pet, preferably a dog in this case I think. They'd certainly have a difficult time in bigger social settings and still be more of an observer there. I'd imagine them as some kind of biologist or technological researcher, because they certainly have no trouble understanding science and thinking.

Very impressive.
And now if we improved few functions in this personality until the cognitive functions get ordered like:
Ti Te Ni Si Fi Ne Se Fe
Although the first four functions are still close in power, but the Si is developed and became more powerful than Fi..
What’s the closest mbti type this can fit in?

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
A personality with three functions close in power, almost can’t be ordered.
Ni + Te + Ti=? (unsorted)
Is it any helpful?
If so, what skills does this personality gain?
And what are the flaws?
I’d like to know how a function can change the balance between two opposite functions,..
In this example I gave, can introverted functions support each other?
Or it’s just a direction to define the type of the function, and that the direction is not the same in every pair.
I might seem like I don’t know anything about mbti to mention things no one considered them before..
Anyway please give some time thinking about what I mean, I’m just tickling some new ideas rolling in the deep.

Without thinking about the other functions.

Many thinkers have well-developed Ti and Te, and Ni does not oppose the operations of either, so your trio is not out of the question. ENTJs or INTJs with well-developed Ti could have those functions. Or an INFJ with well developed Ti and Te could also have them. Male INFJs, in particular, often have strong Ti since society pushes men away from feeling and towards thinking. So Ni-doms and auxs could potentially have Ti and Te.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Get out of here, you’re too obvious.

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
These guys are thinking too hard. Ti and Te can co-exist if left to their own domains. Science does this with theory and experiment. A single person can do both theory and experiments. And Ni supplements T by supplying insights and hints for both theory and experiment to work with.

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
:Ti: and :Te: are counter-perspectives. Their respective worldviews ultimately clash and can be sources of power-struggles. Each type that values one over the other believes that the other is using the counter-perspective either misguidedly or manipulatively.

To demonstrate just exactly how these counter-perspectives clash -

:Ti: - Organizational Logic, Constructing Models, Bringing Order, Establishing Hierarchies and Systems to be followed exactly as laid out.
:Te: - Business Logic, Utilitarianism, Cutting Costs, Ensuring Efficiency, Using What Works and Discarding What Doesn't.

An example: There are two administrators to an organized system, an LSI :)Ti::Se:) and an LIE :)Te::Ni:).

The LSI, having his :Ni: hidden agenda fueled by the utter organization of the system he is enforcing (the system is a cause for him, he must enforce it), is hell-bent on following procedure to a T, as without logical order :)Ti:) there is physical chaos and nothing would ever get done properly. Thus, the LSI is very strict with the application of the rules applied to the system, and acts as a physical operative of the system.

The LIE, embodying the counter-perspective of :Te:, always sees what could be made more efficient, what works and what doesn't work. As he observes the system the LSI is enforcing, he notices changes that could be made to remove some obsolete or useless rules that don't measure up to realistic standards, and then sees how current methods could be improved to become more efficient, and thus promptly informs the LSI of these possible changes.

The LSI feels threatened by the LIE's ideas of change, as they restructure the organization of what already exists and what is already working, what he has been enforcing already, and feels that the LIE is simply wanting to use the system to his own gains, not caring for the logical purity of the system itself. When the LSI denies the LIE's ideas of change, the LIE believes that the LSI is acting foolishly, why follow the system the way it is when there may be easier routes to doing things even though it lessens the logical purity of the system?

This is Structural Logic :Ti: vs Business Logic :Te:. Embodying both would be embodying two different philosophies that openly contradict each other.

Your argument is a person can't use a wrench and a hammer at the same time and get the job done. But that doesn't mean a person can't use a wrench and a hammer at different times to get different jobs done.

And socionics recognizes that types like LII that have strong Ti also have strong Te. LII simply prefers to use Ti, but they have and use Te when it's the right tool for the job.

Alea_iacta_est

Your argument is a person can't use a wrench and a hammer at the same time and get the job done. But that doesn't mean a person can't use a wrench and a hammer at different times to get different jobs done.

And socionics recognizes that types like LII that have strong Ti also have strong Te. LII simply prefers to use Ti, but they have and use Te when it's the right tool for the job.

Oversimplification (get that :Ne: out of here). You can do both actions, but the ideologies of doing both actions are contrary to each other. You can say you are both a Solipsist and an Objecivist (or Empiricist) and provide arguments for both, but you can't actually philosophically be both at the same time, because their foundations openly conflict.

The LII values strong :Ti: and devalues strong :Te:. As you've said, LII prefers to use :Ti:, and thus ideologically aligns with :Ti:, while the LII doesn't prefer :Te:, and thus ideologically dissociates from :Te:. :Te: is used by the LII as a defense, to fight off people attempting to bring the conversation or the project around to a :Te: perspective. It is used for the sole purpose of relaying why the Ego functions are better than it, and that is why the Id Block is often seen in a person as a sort of personal mockery of the elements in that position.

Alea_iacta_est

Alright @Alea_iacta_est can you answer my pervious question?
Ti Te Ni Si Fi Ne Se Fe

I can help you realize your stacking, if that's what you want, but it'll take some introductory work (I'll try to simplify it). This won't be some on-the-spot description that may or may not fit you, this will be the mechanics of personality theory.

First, we must understand the perspectives: Ep, Ip, Ij, and Ej

Irrationality:
Ep - Features of the Environment
Ip - Effects of the Environment

Rationality:
Ij - Judging the Features of the Environment (Modeling, Schematizing, etc.)
Ej - Producing Effects and Affecting the Environment Yourself

Each perspective represents the 4 ways your attention can be directed to the world.

You can either focus your attention on:

The Statics of the World (The Features)
The Organization of the World (The Understanding/Categorization/Modelling of Features)
The Dynamics of the World (The Effects)
The Malleability of the World (Producing Effects and Making Change Happen)

Ij is always paired with Ep, even though they are conflicting temperaments, for the simple reason that to categorize and model features, you need to be able to perceive features in the first place.

Ej is always paired with Ip, even though they are conflicting temperaments, for the simple reason that to actively produce change and affect the environment, you need to be able to perceive what's already happening and the current dynamics of the world.

Thus, each pair of perspectives is dependent upon each other, they cannot exist without the other's existence.

So, if you actually want to find your type, the best way would be to narrow down your temperament (which you can possibly do here), and then we can start to worry about the trivialities of information elements (or cognitive functions).

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I can help you realize your stacking, if that's what you want, but it'll take some introductory work (I'll try to simplify it). This won't be some on-the-spot description that may or may not fit you, this will be the mechanics of personality theory.

First, we must understand the perspectives: Ep, Ip, Ij, and Ej

Irrationality:
Ep - Features of the Environment
Ip - Effects of the Environment

Rationality:
Ij - Judging the Features of the Environment (Modeling, Schematizing, etc.)
Ej - Producing Effects and Affecting the Environment Yourself

Each perspective represents the 4 ways your attention can be directed to the world.

You can either focus your attention on:

The Statics of the World (The Features)
The Organization of the World (The Understanding/Categorization/Modelling of Features)
The Dynamics of the World (The Effects)
The Malleability of the World (Producing Effects and Making Change Happen)

Ij is always paired with Ep, even though they are conflicting temperaments, for the simple reason that to categorize and model features, you need to be able to perceive features in the first place.

Ej is always paired with Ip, even though they are conflicting temperaments, for the simple reason that to actively produce change and affect the environment, you need to be able to perceive what's already happening and the current dynamics of the world.

Thus, each pair of perspectives is dependent upon each other, they cannot exist without the other's existence.

So, if you actually want to find your type, the best way would be to narrow down your temperament (which you can possibly do here), and then we can start to worry about the trivialities of information elements (or cognitive functions).

And can’t you think of the closest mbti type to match what’ve mentioned above?

Alea_iacta_est

And can’t you think of the closest mbti type to match what’ve mentioned above?

I could deductively find an MBTI type that would closely match that function pattern, but then I would have to rely on your perception of your own psyche through the wildly diverse and ineffectual function descriptions that people may have relayed to you such as [oversimplified] Te = Science or Ti = Smart.

However, I will suggest that that pattern may be representative of an ENTJ.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I could deductively find an MBTI type that would closely match that function pattern, but then I would have to rely on your perception of your own psyche through the wildly diverse and ineffectual function descriptions that people may have relayed to you such as [oversimplified] Te = Science or Ti = Smart.

However, I will suggest that that pattern may be representative of an ENTJ.

Alright talk to me about ENTJ s getting mistyped as ENTJs..
Is it any elated to age.
I mean, when types choose to improve cognitive functions..?
As ENJT s and INTJ s difference is ordering in the functions, which means power.
The question is:
How can these be even more alike?

doppelganger

MBTI Type
INTP
Oversimplification (get that :Ne: out of here). You can do both actions, but the ideologies of doing both actions are contrary to each other. You can say you are both a Solipsist and an Objecivist (or Empiricist) and provide arguments for both, but you can't actually philosophically be both at the same time, because their foundations openly conflict.

The LII values strong :Ti: and devalues strong :Te:. As you've said, LII prefers to use :Ti:, and thus ideologically aligns with :Ti:, while the LII doesn't prefer :Te:, and thus ideologically dissociates from :Te:. :Te: is used by the LII as a defense, to fight off people attempting to bring the conversation or the project around to a :Te: perspective. It is used for the sole purpose of relaying why the Ego functions are better than it, and that is why the Id Block is often seen in a person as a sort of personal mockery of the elements in that position.

Yeah, that's what they say in socionics, but in the book of Life, the Universe, and Everything (aka reality), LII uses Te when it makes sense to use Te. In fact, trying to use Ti to do a Te job is like trying to use a wrench where a hammer is needed. So it's not "ideological", it's practical. Just whatever tool fits the job.