• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which cognitive functions do these phrases represent?

stephsharik

And if found within one person, which type would it most likely indicate?

"Everything is a system and with systems in between."

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary."

"In my mind is a river, a current of thoughts and ideas. I pull them out at will when they are needed. Everything I learn becomes a part of the river."

"I connect dots that others can't."

"My thought process is predominantly subconscious. All of my thinking occurs implicitly, rather than explicitly."

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Seems incredibly Ni to me.

1AuroraAngel1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
"The darkness comforts me."

Possibly Fi.

"Everything is a system with systems in-between"

Definitely Te.

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary"

Probably Te.

"In my mind is a river, a current of thoughts and ideas. I pull them out at will when they are needed. Everything I learn becomes a part of the river."

Ni.

Ni.

"My thought process is predominantly subconscious. All of my thinking occurs implicitly, rather than explicitly."

That's also Ni.

If a person frequently uses Fi,Ni, and Te, They're probably an INTJ (NiTe, Fi is the tertiary function.)

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Seems Ni to me.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
a lot of Ni, much of Te, some Fi

Sounds like an INTJ to me

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Trying to fit phrases like this to some function is irritating.. because for example the first one, while some Fi user might say that, it can be said by anyone who is fucked up emotionally. If some INTP for example has created some system, he might say that about his system and blablabla. Functions arent about a phrase that someone says

stephsharik

Trying to fit phrases like this to some function is irritating.. because for example the first one, while some Fi user might say that, it can be said by anyone who is fucked up emotionally. If some INTP for example has created some system, he might say that about his system and blablabla. Functions arent about a phrase that someone says

And what if they're found within the context of a single person who feels that these phrases encompass a lot of their personality?

Jaguar

If I were to take someone into an art gallery, place them in front of several paintings and ask, "what do you see?" do you think there would be only one right answer?
When someone speaks, you have no proof of the origin of what you are hearing. Did Joe pick it up from Mom? Dad? TV? The net? A pal? A book? A movie?

I think it was Aphrodite-Gone-Awry who once commented in the forum that upon people choosing a type for themselves, (or a type they wish to be), all of a sudden they start using words and phrases they think a particular type would use, rather than speaking naturally. I have witnessed the same. People borrow words and expressions all the time. To start typing people based on individual sentences makes little sense and, frankly, gives new meaning to the expression "missing the forest for the trees."

stephsharik

If I were to take someone into an art gallery, place them in front of several paintings and ask, "what do you see?" do you think there would be only one right answer?
When someone speaks, you have no proof of the origin of what you are hearing. Did Joe pick it up from Mom? Dad? TV? The net? A pal? A book? A movie?

I think it was Aphrodite-Gone-Awry who once commented in the forum that upon people choosing a type for themselves, (or a type they wish to be), all of a sudden they start using words and phrases they think a particular type would use, rather than speaking naturally. I have witnessed the same. People borrow words and expressions all the time. To start typing people based on individual sentences makes little sense and, frankly, gives new meaning to the expression "missing the forest for the trees."

Random sentences, sure.

But if a carefully constructed phrase accurately represents a facet of a person's temperament, who's to say it cannot be analyzed? And if assigning a label would be too subjective, then perhaps, at least, some labels can be eliminated?

Amalie Muller

MBTI Type
ENTP
And if found within one person, which type would it most likely indicate?

"The darkness comforts me."

"Everything is a system and with systems in between."

"Do not mess with the system unless absolutely necessary."

Sentence one: not related to a function.

Sentence two: Thinking, especially dominant Thinking types. But both Ti and Te functions see the world this way.

Sentence three: Si. Also more Te than Ti; TP types generally enjoy tinkering with systems just for the fun of it, and rarely see them as untouchably sacred.

Sentence four: Intuition. Again both Ni and Ne. However, Si also works like this.

Sentence five: Intuition, both Ni and Ne.

Sentence six: a dominant perceiving function. So IJ or EP. This is especially true of the IxxJ types.

It's dumb to guess a type based on this, but I'd say INTJ.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Random sentences, sure.

But if a carefully constructed phrase accurately represents a facet of a person's temperament, who's to say it cannot be analyzed? And if assigning a label would be too subjective, then perhaps, at least, some labels can be eliminated?

So you're saying that [MENTION=195]Jaguar[/MENTION] missed the forest for the trees.

Jaguar

Read a biography, watch hours of interviews online, meet them in person on numerous occasions...

That's too much work for people. Didn't you know you can tell a person's type simply by knowing how many times they use the word "the" in one hour?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's too much work for people. Didn't you know you can tell a person's type simply by knowing how many times they use the word "the" in one hour?

*Liked*

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, right. Those who use "the" more than others are referring more often to objects than to people and are thus Thinking types. I thought this was common knowledge.

:coffee:

Oh, and those who do the counting of "the"s are Te types, since they are using an objective measure.

stephsharik

Well, right. Those who use "the" more than others are referring more often to objects than to people and are thus Thinking types. I thought this was common knowledge.

Oh, and those who do the counting of "the"s are Te types, since they are using an objective measure.

The President is a person.
A president is a concept.
A person is also an object.
The theory of gravity is neither person nor object.

I don't know...the "The" method is highly suspect. I thought the opposite of "objective" was "subjective" rather than "people", but okay.