• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type was my father?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When my father was alive, he was a high energy man who loved danger, new ideas, excitement, and adventure. His mind worked so fast that it kept him up at night. My mother didn't have to work becuase he kept inventing one profitable invention after another. He was definately a procrastinator, but he amazed everbody with his ideas in the end. He worked equally well with ideas and the physical world.

[MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION]
[MENTION=18819]five sounds[/MENTION]
[MENTION=15607]The Great One[/MENTION]
[MENTION=10496]skylights[/MENTION]

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
ENTP. A really, really, good one too.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One more vote for ENTP

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ENTP is what I think he was, too.

I think he was a 7, also.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yep, ENTP 7 sounds right on. Alternatively maybe ESTP 7.

Starry

ENTP is what I think he was, too.

I think he was a 7, also.

Magic, was he extroverted? A love of danger, excitement and adventure does not automatically rule-out introvert. Nor does being an inventor rule-in iNtuitive (I don't know how everyone is answering )

All I know is he was most likely a P.

If I was forced to guess on this info alone I would narrow it down to IxTP 5 or ExTP 7.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Magic, was he extroverted? A love of danger, excitement and adventure does not automatically rule-out introvert. Nor does being an inventor rule-in iNtuitive (I don't know how everyone is answering )

All I know is he was most likely a P.

If I was forced to guess on this info alone I would narrow it down to IxTP 5 or ExTP 7.

I would guess he was an extrovert becuase he was good at striking business deals and technically conning people.

He was very athletic relative to me, but Ne fits him well.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He really only respected people in bussiness for themselves. He called people who worked within the system "peasants," and said the only way to get ahead was breaking those silly things called "rules."

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He was always interested in seeing new perspectives on things and traveling around and hearing as many ideas as he could.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He really only respected people in bussiness for themselves. He called people who worked within the system "peasants," and said the only way to get ahead was breaking those silly things called "rules."

Anymore thoughts on this?

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He was always interested in seeing new perspectives on things and traveling around and hearing as many ideas as he could.
I was thinking ENTP or possibly one of the STP types, but this really sounds like Ne. So I'd say ENTP. Of course it's hard to tell without knowing a person. But ENTP seems to fit.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I vote ENTP 783

I finally got my mom to take the quiz and talk to me about this stuff (she thinks MBTI is impractical and stupid) and she was what I thought she was:
ESTJ 1w2

She and my father were so different, it makes me wonder how that match up happened...my mom leaves it at "I saw him and chased him".

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Anymore thoughts on this?

The way you’ve described him so far is extremely narrow in my view, that it causes me to suspect you’ve already decided on his typing and are thus looking for affirmation. Someone can be an ENTP 7, but why are the only traits you mention of him limited to high energy and ideas? I’m not assuming you’re seeking affirmation, but that’s what it comes off as to me as, what else is anyone really supposed to type your father as?

You’ve given us maybe 10% of the guy, I want to know more about him!

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The way you’ve described him so far is extremely narrow in my view, that it causes me to suspect you’ve already decided on his typing and are thus looking for affirmation. Someone can be an ENTP 7, but why are the only traits you mention of him limited to high energy and ideas? I’m not assuming you’re seeking affirmation, but that’s what it comes off as to me as, what else is anyone really supposed to type your father as?

You’ve given us maybe 10% of the guy, I want to know more about him!

He smoked a lot of weed and drank a lot of alcohol and smoked cigars and was in and out of jail a lot. He was constantly tinkering and selling his products and was a self-employed sellsman. He had lots of different businesses. He was the brainstormer and my mom was the organizer. Beyond that, he died when I was 4, so I’m straining to remember more. He was very handy enough to build treehouses and stuff. He strangled my mom once.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
He smoked a lot of weed and drank a lot of alcohol and smoked cigars and was in and out of jail a lot. He was constantly tinkering and selling his products and was a self-employed sellsman. He had lots of different businesses. He was the brainstormer and my mom was the organizer. Beyond that, he died when I was 4, so I’m straining to remember more. He was very handy enough to build treehouses and stuff. He strangled my mom once.

Ahh I see, so what you know of him, as a more “complete” person, or what I am trying to extract from you, would come more from the experiences of others. That would be difficult then, to go into more detail. I appreciate the reply, Wailing. The experiences you’ve shared here, though not all pleasant, do very much so give your father more depth in my mind. Thank you :)