• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What type is best suited for dealing with reality?

Lily flower

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

In other words, what type can take the things that happen in life and deal with them with the least amount of effort, but the greatest amount of efficacy/productivity/best results?

What type is least suited for dealing with reality?

KDude

I don't know. I guess it's a toss between ESTJ and ESFP to me. Both tend to be out and about, interact a lot, stick to goals, are generally hard workers, make a lot of their opportunities. If that's reality, I mean.

The ESFP is better with people, the ESTJ more disciplined.

Ghostwheel

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Five

What reality are we talking about?

If a system is working well, trust the SJs to keep it going. But, being traditionalists, will they be able to see when that system doesn't work anymore? They'll need NT input for that.

Juggle situations around—any type might be in touch or out of touch with reality depending upon the prevailing situation.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Both EST are pretty good at it.

uncommonentity

Every type has their weaknesses so there's really no answer.

When it comes to being 'normal'

E helps over I
S helps over N
T helps over F
P helps over J

In my opinion.

KDude

Both EST are pretty good at it.

The only reason why I see ESFP over ESTP is that ESTPs are more arbritrary when it comes to many so called rules of the world. I mean, especially social ones. And like ENTPs, they often try to rationalize anything if you let them. This kind of thing always bites people back in the ass. Some need a dose of reality on what really works.

wolfy

awsm
To me it would be istp. It seems a comfortable middle ground on dealing with reality.

KDude

To me it would be istp. It seems a comfortable middle ground on dealing with reality.

I don't know. If I'm really ISTP, then I failed at some of that. Not that this was the only issue, but I had a lot of problems handling anger when younger, for example. And I've come to believe that's a requirement for reality. I remember how the advice I'd get when growing up would always be along the lines of how I wasn't being realistic. "You can't do that." "You can't just punch someone", for example. I was told I was wrong on many things to the point that I was forced to see counselors. That's a good enough sign that I wasn't adjusting.. to everyone else's reality at least.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
estj's because they are the opposite of me

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
MBTI: ESTP, ESTJ and ENTJ.
Enneagram: 3s, sometimes 1s (when push comes to shove though, 8s are the best in crises)
Instinct Variant: Self Preservation

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know. If I'm really ISTP, then I failed at some of that. Not that this was the only issue, but I had a lot of problems handling anger when younger, for example. And I've come to believe that's a requirement for reality. I remember how the advice I'd get when growing up would always be along the lines of how I wasn't being realistic. "You can't do that." "You can't just punch someone", for example. I was told I was wrong on many things to the point that I was forced to see counselors. That's a good enough sign that I wasn't adjusting.. to everyone else's reality at least.

perhaps you're ISTP counter phobic 6w5 Sx/Sp?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every type has their weaknesses so there's really no answer.

When it comes to being 'normal'

E helps over I
S helps over N
T helps over F
P helps over J

In my opinion.

how does P help over J? being a P sucks. Js desire order, organization and closure; Ps just wanna screw around and have fun and actually working takes a lot of energy for us. I would kill to be a J bro :)

maybe 200 years ago it would have helped, but modern life is so geometric, organized and routine. being a P might be useful if you lived in the hood or somewhere more unpredictable, but if you're a middle class american with a job and a set schedule, it doesn't really help much

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ESTP = Masters of Reality :yesss:

In other words, what type can take the things that happen in life and deal with them with the least amount of effort, but the greatest amount of efficacy/productivity/best results?

OK, I'll give a less biased response now. :newwink:

Everyone I've met who is any of the E-X-T-X types (ESTP, ESTJ, ENTJ, ENTP) has been damn good at getting what they needed to done at the drop of a hat and with very little effort. :yes:

Hmmm. Anyone with confidence issues and/or a lack of motivation will have trouble dealing with reality, regardless of their MBTI type. :coffee:

:solidarity:

-Alex

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, if we look at it in the broadest sense, any ExTx can fit the description. ENT will be better at theoretical development and-or generating new ideas, EST will be better at interacting with people and giving that push to get the stuff done.

R

Riva

ESTJ hands down.

That's my short answer.
I have to explain it don't I?
The OP hasn't asked though.
So do I have to?
*Ponders*
*Decides to do so anyway*

I see most have typed xSTPs as the masters.
Not so bad.
But is Se realist or more result oriented? And waht sort of results are we talking about here?
It's immediate results.
Does that count as realist?

Wanting immediate results for what one does Vs determination, step by step advancement, patience and imitation of real life experience
That sounds Se Vs Si
So which is more realist out of the two descriptions, the former or the latter?
The latter is. (Which is Si.)
So we have xSxJ.

The extroverted SJs seem much more determined than the introverted ones.
(Which is not so in NJs, but lets not get there.)
So now we have ESxJ.

So out the two types left, the winner could be anyone.
But for Te s, the ends justifies the means.
How convenient is that?
So ESTJ it is.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The only reason why I see ESFP over ESTP is that ESTPs are more arbritrary when it comes to many so called rules of the world. I mean, especially social ones.

ESFP's are just as prone to throw social norms out the window if they get in the way of how they wish to enjoy the moment they are living.

One of my best of friends for the past 17 years is an ESFP.

He and I both trained at the same gym when I was in college, we hung out with our girlfriends at least once a year for many years - even after I left town, and he and I take an annual goof-off week still. In other words he and I know each other very well, and have seen each other survive a number of (hilarious and sometimes insane) situations.

All that being said, here's where there's a big difference between ESFPs and ESTP's, according to my life experiences:

.................ESFP...................../..................ESTP.....................
Dominant: Extraverted Sensing (Se) / Dominant: Extraverted Sensing (Se)
Auxiliary: Introverted Feeling (Fi) / Auxiliary: Introverted Thinking (Ti)
Tertiary: Extraverted Thinking (Te) / Tertiary: Extraverted Feeling (Fe)
Inferior: Introverted Intuition (Ni) / Inferior: Introverted Intuition (Ni)

ESFP's have the "Fi/Te one-two combination punch!" (as quoted by TypC's very own Aleksei).
If they get a vibe that something in their environment isn't to their liking, they'll either act out towards it, or simply say "Fuck this place, it sucks, I'm out of here."

ESTP's are actually alot more laid back and patient, and more often than not able to seek out the right person in whatever place they are in to help them achieve what they are setting out to do.

So, when it comes to "rules of the world" getting in the way of our "handling reality" and "accomplishing our objectives" my experience is that ESTP's are a bit more smooth at handling situations that might not be to their liking, but that they must successfully navigate to accomplish their goals.

And like ENTPs, they often try to rationalize anything if you let them.

Oh come on now, who doesn't try to rationalize with others if something trivial is standing in the way of a person trying to accomplish something?
I don't think that's an MBTI-ism at all, I think it's simply a matter of human motivation.

This kind of thing always bites people back in the ass. Some need a dose of reality on what really works.

There are alot of things that bite people in the ass.
It's not just WHAT YOU DO, it's just as important to consider HOW YOU DO IT.

The most important thing anyone can do when they are trying to accomplish their objectives, especially in an environment that is foreign to them, and that they have no real "authority" in, is to be polite and respectful to to the people you encounter:

Talk to the PERSON, and not their POSITION.

Why should anyone help a perfect stranger?
Especially if that person has no authority to mandate as such?
Especially if there is no rerward or compensation for them making any effort?

Here's the answer: The only reason a person will do so is IF THEY WANT TO.

You know what? If you are polite and respectful to people, and in some cases a little generous, you'd be amazed at how much you can accomplish in a very short amount of time. I've saved myself a week's worth of work many times over by simply making the effort to talk with people for the sake of being cordial, and offering up simple things along the way like a CD of new music, a small box of Godvia chocolate, a few flowers, or a nice cash tip.

Small acts of kindness can generate alot of goodwill. Do not ever forget this.

:solidarity:

-Alex

uncommonentity

how does P help over J? being a P sucks. Js desire order, organization and closure; Ps just wanna screw around and have fun and actually working takes a lot of energy for us. I would kill to be a J bro :)

maybe 200 years ago it would have helped, but modern life is so geometric, organized and routine. being a P might be useful if you lived in the hood or somewhere more unpredictable, but if you're a middle class american with a job and a set schedule, it doesn't really help much

We're arrogant, judgemental cunts. It doesn't pay to be an arrogant, judgemental cunt when it comes to social nicety. Trust me.

People like to be liked and Ps see the likability in near enough everyone because you don't judge as hard as we do.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We're arrogant cunts. It doesn't pay to be an arrogant cunt when it comes to social nicety. Trust me.

no, that's just INTJs, not most Js. (or at least, most people think INTJs are arrogant. personally I love you guys and don't think you're arrogant at all)