• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

11th Doctor - Matt Smith - MBTI?

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Can anyone who's seen the first 2 eps tell me what they thinK? I haven't actually seen any yet but the pilot is coming on tomorrow (no important spoilers please).

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
Similar to David Tennant's; ENTP.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
ENTP. Too similar to Tennant's Doctor for me so far. I love Tennant, but I wish Smith had been given the opportunity to distinguish himself more. I can hear some of his line readings in David Tennant's voice done the exact same way.

I'm honestly not all about this season so far. I liked the first episode a lot, but the last two have been decidedly lackluster, particularly with regard to plotting -- very surprising as Moffat's episodes for the Davies series were so strong. It's just all very thin. I'd imagine, though I don't know for sure, that it's probably more akin to the classic Who series than the revived version. More surface-level action adventurey and (IMO) too obvious, both in regards to relationships and plotlines. There's a lot of telling rather than showing. And I was going to keep an open mind regarding the special effects budget cuts, but they were painfully obvious in the third episode.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Cheap ENTP Tennant knockoff. Don't get me wrong I adore Ten, but Matt Smith is not Ten. He's Eleven.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Aww that's a bit harsh. I've only seen one episode so far, and he seemed slightly Tennanty, but I already feel he seems a fair bit different (and I have been told some of this was intentional Tennant acting since he's still changing and that it gets more different in later eps). I think he seems like a bit more eccentric than Tennant, and a bit darker and more active, although some of that could have to do with the regeneration. Still, I'm loving it so far.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't want to criticize Matt Smith because a lot of it is the writing -- he's just being written very similarly to the 10th Doctor so far, so there hasn't been much opportunity to distinguish himself. But I think he's also got it going against him that he has a very similar energy to Tennant -- not quite as intensely manic, but still extremely quirky and high-energy. It's still very early, so I have hopes that he'll find his place in the role as the series progresses. He is really the least of my problems with the last couple of episodes. I think he's charming and has good comedic timing. I'm not loving the Doctor/companion dynamic after the first few episodes, but I wouldn't fault Smith and Gillan for that.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
Also, what do you think the ninth doctor was? I find him hard to type. E/I anf J/P are confusing me. He can be spontaneous but also very planning, sure of himself and such. Also, he's good at giving orders and likes to joke around alot, but can also be detatched, unempathetic to others and says he 'doesn't do domestic'.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tennant's Doctor is not hard to type at all. Obvious ENTP is obvious.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What would he do, sulk him to death?

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:shock: When'd he do that? I distinctly remember him destroying Pompeii to save the world In episode 4x02, but I've never actually seen him cry except when he was human.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
:shock: When'd he do that?

Oh admit it. Ten can be a wimp.

'Oh, I can't shoot the master because I don't like guns! Let's just let him destroy the Earth instead.'

And when he regenerated? 'I don't want to go! *sob*'

and you call nine an emofag. Nine was the best.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh admit it. Ten can be a wimp.

'Oh, I can't shoot the master because I don't like guns! Let's just let him destroy the Earth instead.'
That was wimpy, yeah, but understandable given the Master was a childhood friend (some even speculate the Master is a future incarnation of the Doctor himself).

And when he regenerated? 'I don't want to go! *sob*'
That wasn't "I don't want to go." That was "I'm going to suicidally hurl the TARDIS into a collision course, to doom my next regeneration. Why? Because I damn well feel like it, and don't want some other personality running around with my name and memories."

and you call nine an emofag. Nine was the best.
"Waaaah, I'm just going to sit in the corner and sulk, because I'm the last of my kind. Why didn't I die with them?! Waaahhhhh! Call me when any Daleks show up, so I can brutally murder them all and go back to sulking."

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
That was wimpy, yeah, but understandable given the Master was a childhood friend (some even speculate the Master is a future incarnation of the Doctor himself).

That wasn't "I don't want to go." That was "I'm going to suicidally hurl the TARDIS into a collision course, to doom my next regeneration. Why? Because I damn well feel like it, and don't want some other personality running around with my name and memories."

"Waaaah, I'm just going to sit in the corner and sulk, because I'm the last of my kind. Why didn't I die with them?! Waaahhhhh! Call me when any Daleks show up, so I can brutally murder them all and go back to sulking."

Are you kidding me? At the end, Ten was in tears, and he actually cried earlier in the episode because he didn't want to regenerate. He was too pissy about it. Nine sucked it up.

And I think it's fair to say being the one who had to kill everyone in your own race in an apparently epic war would be enough to drive most people to suicide. Not to mention it was very recent (examining ears in mirror). I think for someone in that situation, nine was amzingly upbeat. And I liked that 'let's kill the daleks' attitude. I mean what has a dalek ever done for anyone? But in the end, he decided not to kill them anyway since it would destroy the current earth population, which probably wasn't the best idea, but that weakness was taken and amplified 100 times in 10.

goodgrief

MBTI Type
INTJ
So, updated thoughts? I'm still convinced he's ENTP. He's cooler than Tennant (who in the end of his time seemed more like an F). Go Matt Smith.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Wow, I so didn't want to get involved in this conversation but 11th doctor is total ENTP and 10th was a total ENFP.

People see the crazed Ne and assume ENTP, but Tennant played that Doctor with way too much Fi for my taste. Smith is total Ti. Big difference.

And Smith is still getting Tennant-style scripts, with out of control Ne ramblings. It's not his fault. I think he's doing a brilliant job with it.