User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Default Sensing vs Feeling

a question for sensors from an intuitive feeler ..
    so I know that things have to make sense/ be logical/ based on data for you priority one. when making decisions how come the way it makes you feel not factor into that decision making? Or does it factor in at a much lower ranking.
    Also is it the fact that intuitive feelers work from gut feelings that makes us seem inconsistent and flakey? Because we are able to change directions very quickly does that create a sense of turbulence?
    Also why is it that strong emotion usually so hard for you to process (and why does it need processing are you making it into data? ) And does it frustrate you how quickly we process emotions?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    1) so I know that things have to make sense/ be logical/ based on data for you priority one. when making decisions how come the way it makes you feel not factor into that decision making? Or does it factor in at a much lower ranking.
    2) Also is it the fact that intuitive feelers work from gut feelings that makes us seem inconsistent and flakey? Because we are able to change directions very quickly does that create a sense of turbulence?
    3) Also why is it that strong emotion usually so hard for you to process (4)and why does it need processing are you making it into data? ) 5) And does it frustrate you how quickly we process emotions?
    1) I don't really tend to care how it makes me feel. I just don't really care. Of course I have a strong set of morals but I'm not driven by how I feel.

2) I don't know what you're talking about here. I actually love NFPs. I know mature ones aren't flakey at all. Immature members of any type have problems.

3) It isn't. I understand emotion just fine.

4) Emotions don't really factor into my decision making process but I do enjoy a good emotional atmosphere. I don't understand what you mean by 'processing.'

5)Not really.

Are you aware that SFPs exist?
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

so I know that things have to make sense/ be logical/ based on data for you priority one.
    Incorrect. That is more of a T preference thing than anything.

Also is it the fact that intuitive feelers work from gut feelings that makes us seem inconsistent and flakey? Because we are able to change directions very quickly does that create a sense of turbulence?

Also incorrect. Maybe true for Ni users, but I'm not sure 'gut feelings' are a factor any more for Ne users than any other type.

Also why is it that strong emotion usually so hard for you to process (and why does it need processing are you making it into data? ) And does it frustrate you how quickly we process emotions? This also seems like a generalization.
    Some helpful advice: if you start off a post with 'I know' and then this is how you interpret typology, you are going to get eaten alive on this forum. Where are you getting your information? Have you researched MBTI on more than one or two random websites? 86 posts in, I don't understand how this thread of yours exists.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    1) I don't really tend to care how it makes me feel. I just don't really care. Of course I have a strong set of morals but I'm not driven by how I feel. 2) I don't know what you're talking about here. I actually love NFPs. I know mature ones aren't flakey at all. Immature members of any type have problems. 3) It isn't. I understand emotion just fine. 4) Emotions don't really factor into my decision making process but I do enjoy a good emotional atmosphere. I don't understand what you mean by 'processing.' 5)Not really. Are you aware that SFPs exist?
    I am which is why I said Intuitive feelers for sensors. I think sensors tend to have an abrupt matter of fact approach to a lot of scenarios , being a SFP must be interesting.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    Some helpful advice: if you start off a post with 'I know' and then this is how you interpret typology, you are going to get eaten alive on this forum. Where are you getting your information? Have you researched MBTI on more than one or two random websites? 86 posts in, I don't understand how this thread of yours exists.
    I am going to assume that you will be doing the eating tonight..
    should I submit my resume for Mbti before I ask a question. Or just sit down and shut up to be schooled.

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

I am going to assume that you will be doing the eating tonight..
    should I submit my resume for Mbti before I ask a question. Or just sit down and shut up to be schooled.
    My advice would be to go to the Wiki tab and learn all you can from that section. Maybe Google MBTI dichotomies and functions and see what you can find elsewhere as well. Hope that helps!
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by captain curmudgeon View Post
    My advice would be to go to the Wiki tab and learn all you can from that section. Maybe Google MBTI dichotomies and functions and see what you can find elsewhere as well. Hope that helps!
    Thanks Captain condescending!
    I'll check cliff notes and MBTI for dummies too.
    (School Bell rings)
    have a great summer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EII Fi

I am which is why I said Intuitive feelers for sensors. I think sensors tend to have an abrupt matter of fact approach to a lot of scenarios , being a SFP must be interesting.
    Oh okay.

According to Socionics, judging functions are rational while perceiving ones are irrational. So this would mean that IxxPs and ExxJs are rational types while ExxPs and IxxJs would be irrational. But if you go by this, Si and Se doms are also irrational types.

As for matter of fact, that's a characteristic of STs in general. SFs aren't like that.
    EII - Fi - INFj
    9w8(963, The Mediator)
    sx/so
    SLOEI

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ribbon View Post
    Oh okay. According to Socionics, judging functions are rational while perceiving ones are irrational. So this would mean that IxxPs and ExxJs are rational types while ExxPs and IxxJs would be irrational. But if you go by this, Si and Se doms are also irrational types. As for matter of fact, that's a characteristic of STs in general. SFs aren't like that.
    ^^
    thank you, this was helpful.

It's weird because I notice I communicate this way as well. I'll say "so I know..." as a shorthand for "in my personal experience...every time I had an awareness of X...Y occurred." I never see it as something official as I don't consider myself to be one nor would I ever imagine anyone thinking I am or thinking I think I am. This is what happens I suppose in the world of individual realities.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post