User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

OP are you sure you aren't talking about Thinking? Sensing being a Perceiving function, it is not used to make decisions.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by SunnySunflower View Post
    It's weird because I notice I communicate this way as well. I'll say "so I know..." as a shorthand for "in my personal experience...every time I had an awareness of X...Y occurred." I never see it as something official as I don't consider myself to be one nor would I ever imagine anyone thinking I am or thinking I think I am. This is what happens I suppose in the world of individual realities.
    SS I can only say #ditto . It really is my short hand for my personal experience. I would never assume to know everything or have all the answers.
    It's like I met a shaman healer today and he gave a physical example of how his mind works and there were people there who were totally thrown off but I thought yep that makes sense and we had such expansive /interesting random/non-judging conversations, it was cleansing.
    putting thoughts into patterns that make "logical" sense , takes time and thought and when J's come in slamming demanding back up and proof of anything it makes me FEEL like woaaahhhh wait I'm trying to understand and process give me a second don't make me feel all loopy and random which is maybe what it is but it does makes sense.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Quote Originally Posted by Lead Guitar Wankery View Post
    OP are you sure you aren't talking about Thinking? Sensing being a Perceiving function, it is not used to make decisions.
    I think it's really ST that I am talking about combined Red ribbon hit it on the head

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

It's weird because I notice I communicate this way as well. I'll say "so I know..." as a shorthand for "in my personal experience...every time I had an awareness of X...Y occurred." I never see it as something official as I don't consider myself to be one nor would I ever imagine anyone thinking I am or thinking I think I am. This is what happens I suppose in the world of individual realities.
    My interpretation of what the captain said (that's what you are talking about, right?) is that "I know" implies that what follows is factual, not so much "official." And it's not clear that the OP was talking about personal experience; to me it appears to have been intended as a "fact" of typology, something inherent to the type categories.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

My interpretation of what the captain said (that's what you are talking about, right?) is that "I know" implies that what follows is factual, not so much "official." And it's not clear that the OP was talking about personal experience; to me it appears to have been intended as a "fact" of typology, something inherent to the type categories.

yah I got that...and was acknowledging the challenge. Someone that speaks in facts has the official word do they not? They are an official (not a factual).
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Someone that speaks in facts has the official word do they not? They are an official (not a factual).
    Not at all. Everyone knows and can authoritatively state some number of facts.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Not at all. Everyone knows and can authoritatively state some number of facts.
    Perhaps I should clarify that having the official word is not the same thing as being an official (which implies some sort of special authority or position). Anyone can get the official word on many things just by reading a book (without the position of an official).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp

Perhaps I should clarify that having the official word is not the same thing as being an official (which implies some sort of special authority or position). Anyone can get the official word on many things just by reading a book (without the position of an official).

What would the world do without INTPs to set everyone straight on things that don't really matter? I stand corrected I think. Thanks.
    Walk first through the fire.

*Currently participating in the "No Likes" experiment.
    Likes Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    a question for sensors from an intuitive feeler .. so I know that things have to make sense/ be logical/ based on data for you priority one. when making decisions how come the way it makes you feel not factor into that decision making? Or does it factor in at a much lower ranking. Also is it the fact that intuitive feelers work from gut feelings that makes us seem inconsistent and flakey? Because we are able to change directions very quickly does that create a sense of turbulence? Also why is it that strong emotion usually so hard for you to process (and why does it need processing are you making it into data? ) And does it frustrate you how quickly we process emotions?
    I dont understand any of this as it applies to me as a sensor. Wish i could help more.

My 2 cents...feelings are part of the big picture...it comes into play dependent on strength of feeling. Weak feelings dont mean much but they are still registered, stronger feelings mean more. I DO NOT strictly use feelings for anything unless my body hits self protection mode and at that point i CANNOT control it. It controls me...i do not hit that point very much as i dont allow myself to get there a whole lot.
    Sensing has nothing to do with logic...its perception which may or may not be logical. If a perciever places a high value on logical they will shoot for logical, if they dont they wont. Due to the high value on logical they lack alot of logic skills as logical and logic are two completely different things in action. Logical aims for a path, logic is a mere set of if/then/else. The difference is that logical puts data first, logic puts itself first. Data flows through logic...logical is about trying to flow logic through the data.

I am the most laid back active person just about ever. I fan change on plans at the flick of the wrist with no issues. My only sticking point is high priority...i will not veer away from high priority...i may switch gears, take a different path...but i am still heading toward the priority.

I can process strong emotions fine...i just let it flow. Best i can describe it is walking through a swamp inside observing and experiencing.

I really dont understand what you deem "sensor" much. My sensing side is what causes me to run as opposed to hunker down inside. Its what gets me to say screw logic, "just do it" for experience.

MBTI
    STP

Alot of introverted perceptive people put a false priority on "logical" confusing it with "thinkers". Thinking uses logic, but logical IS NOT the priority as much as creating the logic paths.