User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Default ENFP's who have dated INFJ'S what was it like?

7 Things You Should Know Before You Date An ENFP | Thought Catalog
    I thought the above was a very good list of things that are important to me that correlate to being an ENFP when it comes to dating ,
    also I have consistently been attracted to stp's and I'm pretty sure I've never had a relationship of any kind with an infj or intj so would like to here some type of perspective on our most "compatible" relationships Type

Umm...

Oh no Heidi no...

you sound like you never met one irl (maybe even online) in this article, just all theory/cognitive function guessing... and even harshly with #3...
    Your Online Manic Pixie Dream Girl

What is a manic pixie dream girl?

It refers to "that bubbly, shallow cinematic creature that exists solely in the fevered imaginations of sensitive writer-directors to teach broodingly soulful young men to embrace life and its infinite mysteries and adventures." A pretty, outgoing, whacky romantic lead whose sole purpose is to help broody male characters lighten up and enjoy their lives.
    Likes Starry, OrangeAppled, highlander liked this post

^^cracking up at "Oh no Heidi no"

@Abcdenfp

While the OP and article mention both INFJs and INTJs... You only appear to ask about INFJs so I wasn't sure what information you were truly wanting.

All J types have a wider range of type expression if that makes sense with the INFJ being no exception. I would personally join a Nunnery before dating an INFJ that had strong social variant stuff going <-these are the ones that have a tendency to *think for others* ime and can use Fe in a way that seems oppressive to me.

As against logic as it may sound I wouldn't date an INFJ that wasn't confrontational. Actually, I wouldn't be with an INFJ that wasn't in reality an eNFJ or ENFJ.
    Likes Abcdenfp, Forever liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6

Lol but I am an ENFP let me see things I agreed with ..
    Stand your ground
    ENFPs are as stubborn as they are open-minded. They fiercely defend the values that matter to them and respect others who do the same.
    Be open minded
    make sure that you are open to exploring new topics, new activities and new positions. They seldom disappoint.
    Be.consistent
    ENFPs have an all-or-nothing personality, which is why they are drawn to the grounded presence of introverted, intuitive judgers. INTJs and INFJs make the best romantic matches for this type

Are these points to broad
    Likes thepink-cloakedninja liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Abcdenfp View Post
    Lol but I am an ENFP let me see things I agreed with ..
    Stand your ground
    ENFPs are as stubborn as they are open-minded. They fiercely defend the values that matter to them and respect others who do the same.
    Be open minded
    make sure that you are open to exploring new topics, new activities and new positions. They seldom disappoint.
    Be.consistent
    ENFPs have an all-or-nothing personality, which is why they are drawn to the grounded presence of introverted, intuitive judgers. INTJs and INFJs make the best romantic matches for this type

Are these points to broad

I think what weirded me out about the list is there's an element to it that sounds kinda like the same as "How To Train Your New Puppy" or "Babysitting 101". There's even a part in there that says 'Much like children'...

I totally get where you're coming from and am so glad you shared it. In fact, the stuff that is setting me off negatively <-I feel so grateful for the chance to explore it. But yah...you know what? In this world...nothing was designed with me in mind. I am a stranger here...I get that. And maybe I do need someone to "keep an open-mind" with me...but you know? fuck off INxJs I'm an adult and don't need another parent.
    Likes Amargith, gromit liked this post

@Poki

I hope you don't mind me calling you to this thread and as goes without saying there's no obligation to answer this personal question... I'm just looking one person that is in an equal partnership with an ENFP...where that ENFP brings more to the table than being a fucking trophy or brat or both.

You will have to forgive me in that it has been a while since I've read posts regarding your SO...but you seem like such a reasonable, evolved, down to earth soul...I can't imagine you starting a relationship with a "child adoption". Does your partner give as much as she takes? I'm hoping for yin/yang...not yin/custody agreement.
    Likes OrangeAppled liked this post

brush off the lolcows asynartetic's Avatar

When they have sex they temporarily join in a glowing ball of blue NF energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    When they have sex they temporarily join in a glowing ball of blue NF energy.

yah see that's totally cool. But remember to "make them feel free" without actually taking them off-leash.
    Likes asynartetic, Frosty liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Oh no Heidi no...

you sound like you never met one irl (maybe even online) in this article, just all theory/cognitive function guessing... and even harshly with #3...
    Doesn't she identify as ENFP? I think she may be mistyped. I do like a fair amount of her articles. Maybe ENFJ?

This here is striking:
    "Much like children, their excitable natures are comforted by meaningful, structured thought."

Inferior Ti in herself?

ENFPs got the Fi, which can be quite structured internally. It's like Ti for the emotional/value realm. Fi development benefits ENFPs a lot more than a condescending partner who structures their thoughts for them... Speaking in a non-linear manner is a common NP problem, and according to Jung, Ti & Fi both struggle to communicate very rational ideas in a way others accept as rational. I think this is why writing often becomes a valued tool by NFPs in particular. It's something you work out for yourself. I wouldn't say this non-linear style needs "comfort" but patience out of humility (not condescension) and attempts from others to follow your leaps and see how it already makes sense.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe