User Tag List

Default Winning At All Costs

Do INTJs, especially males, have a default win no matter the costs mindset or serious competitiveness streak?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.
    Likes INTerran liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    Do INTJs, especially males, have a default win no matter the costs mindset or serious competitiveness streak?
    Maybe young ones but winning at all costs, no matter the level of pointless stupidity, is more of an ENTP thing.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes INTerran liked this post

Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None

the latter mostly. not at all costs, though. dumb, short-sighted, off-base, meaning-projecting Ni perception and then clinging to it via tert Fi? yes. Te reins it in imo, or at the very least should theoretically bring them back to reality, but it depends on the individual. Some are just dumb or immature.
    “Don’t use your strength to oppress, (but also) don’t let your weakness make you feel helpless.”
    - Rurouni Kenshin

“This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    - Kino no Tabi

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by INTerran View Post
    IME, INTJs are more likely to operate from a cost/benefit analysis. If the costs are too high they will not pursue a course of action.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    IME, INTJs are more likely to operate from a cost/benefit analysis. If the costs are too high they will not pursue a course of action.
    Yes, TJs are very conscious of whether the cost is worth it.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Smilephantomhive View Post
    Yes, TJs are very conscious of whether the cost is worth it.
    I should have added: what can throw people off where INTJs are concerned is that our assessment of the costs and benefits of the course of action often differ from standard. We might place little value on something generally seen as a benefit, or find a cost quite manageable that most people would hesitate to take on.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...
    Likes Smilephantomhive, labyrinthine liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'd expect ESTP to be that kind

MBTI
    INTJ

I actually just watched a home video of myself at 3 years old playing Candy Land with my dad, me being SUPER obsessed with winning. He got ahead of me and I would try to cheat, but of course my dad wasn't letting that slide. When it was obvious that he was going to win, I accepted it and didn't try to cheat anymore but kept telling him that we had to play another game after that one to "even it out."

When I was younger winning at all costs was my motto (I was famously a cheater), but as I matured I did become very cautious and do perform cost-benefit analyses of everything I do. I'm still extremely competitive, but combined with developed morality, that motto died. I am pretty obsessed with being extremely successful though, just not "at all costs."

MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

INTJ, no. EXTP, for sure.