• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Winning At All Costs

INTerran

Do INTJs, especially males, have a default win no matter the costs mindset or serious competitiveness streak?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do INTJs, especially males, have a default win no matter the costs mindset or serious competitiveness streak?

Maybe young ones but winning at all costs, no matter the level of pointless stupidity, is more of an ENTP thing.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
the latter mostly. not at all costs, though. dumb, short-sighted, off-base, meaning-projecting Ni perception and then clinging to it via tert Fi? yes. Te reins it in imo, or at the very least should theoretically bring them back to reality, but it depends on the individual. Some are just dumb or immature.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
IME, INTJs are more likely to operate from a cost/benefit analysis. If the costs are too high they will not pursue a course of action.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
IME, INTJs are more likely to operate from a cost/benefit analysis. If the costs are too high they will not pursue a course of action.

Yes, TJs are very conscious of whether the cost is worth it.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes, TJs are very conscious of whether the cost is worth it.
I should have added: what can throw people off where INTJs are concerned is that our assessment of the costs and benefits of the course of action often differ from standard. We might place little value on something generally seen as a benefit, or find a cost quite manageable that most people would hesitate to take on.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'd expect ESTP to be that kind

helbert

MBTI Type
INTJ
I actually just watched a home video of myself at 3 years old playing Candy Land with my dad, me being SUPER obsessed with winning. He got ahead of me and I would try to cheat, but of course my dad wasn't letting that slide. When it was obvious that he was going to win, I accepted it and didn't try to cheat anymore but kept telling him that we had to play another game after that one to "even it out."

When I was younger winning at all costs was my motto (I was famously a cheater), but as I matured I did become very cautious and do perform cost-benefit analyses of everything I do. I'm still extremely competitive, but combined with developed morality, that motto died. I am pretty obsessed with being extremely successful though, just not "at all costs."