User Tag List

123 Last

Default Really like this ISTJ!

Hey. I'm an INFP and I really like an ISTJ! What I'm finding really hard is figuring out if he likes me back because he is extremely hard to read. The past month I've been thoroughly reading up about ISTJ's.

I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone. This guy looks at me a lot and smiles. He also occasionally touches me softly on the arm when helping me out with things.

I haven't seen him in a while as he has caved in with everyone due to stress on revising for his finals. I have t spoken to him in a while and I really miss him but I want to give him the space he needs.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. I really just want to know if he likes me but I honestly can't tell and it's frustrating me a lot.

MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

1) They acknowledge your existence.
    2) They make time for you/put you into their routine.
    3) They go out of their way to help you.
    4) They remember little details about you from several months/years back.
    5) They will talk your ears off if they feel comfortable around you/will be slightly emotionally vulnerable around you.

Those tend to be signs that an ISTJ values you/likes you as a person.

Just ask him to hang out and see what comes of it.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, StarFollowed liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Bee1991 View Post
    Hey. I'm an INFP and I really like an ISTJ! What I'm finding really hard is figuring out if he likes me back because he is extremely hard to read. The past month I've been thoroughly reading up about ISTJ's.

I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone. This guy looks at me a lot and smiles. He also occasionally touches me softly on the arm when helping me out with things.

I haven't seen him in a while as he has caved in with everyone due to stress on revising for his finals. I have t spoken to him in a while and I really miss him but I want to give him the space he needs.

I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. I really just want to know if he likes me but I honestly can't tell and it's frustrating me a lot.
    Ask them to take a personality test. Calling him an ISTJ means nothing, if he doesn't view himself as such. He may think he is an ENFP, which would be a pretty important thing to know, if you're looking for a relationship with him. Heck, tell him to guess your type as well. He may see you as ENTJ, for all you know, which is a pretty important thing to know as well lol.

deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Cant speak for other ISTJs but yeah, if he looks at you a lot, especially the face, then he digs you.

I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone.
    Protege nailed this one. We'll ignore you less than other people. Try and observe how much attention this person pays to others in comparison with yourself. That should tell you a lot.
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

ISTj (in Socionics) is an aggressor. And it's exactly what I need according to Socionics theory. If ISTj is interested in you, you will know it. ISTj will pursue you, presuming, of course, that we're talking about an ISTj in Socionics theory. An ISTJ in MBTI theory may be either an ISTj or an ISTp in Socionics, and those two types are quite different.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

Sentio ergo sum.

who are

Quote Originally Posted by Kheledon View Post
    ISTj (in Socionics) is an agressor. And it's exactly what I need according to Socionics theory. If ISTJ is interested in you, you will know it. ISTJ will pursue you, presuming, of course, that we're talking about an ISTj in Socionics theory. An ISTJ in MBTI theory may be either an ISTj or an ISTp in Socionics, and those two types are quite different.
    I don't see how an ISTj in Socionics could ever be an ISTJ in MBTI. Socionics ISTj = Ti Se, MBTI ISTJ = Si Te. The definitions of the functions are slightly different in the two systems, but not that dramatically.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    I don't see how an ISTj in Socionics could ever be an ISTJ in MBTI. Socionics ISTj = Ti Se, MBTI ISTJ = Si Te. The definitions of the functions are slightly different in the two systems, but not that dramatically.
    I am istp in both.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Ask them to take a personality test. Calling him an ISTJ means nothing, if he doesn't view himself as such. He may think he is an ENFP, which would be a pretty important thing to know, if you're looking for a relationship with him. Heck, tell him to guess your type as well. He may see you as ENTJ, for all you know, which is a pretty important thing to know as well lol.
    That just means you have free reign to play with him as he may be wrong and not know who he is. Have seen that many times.
    Im out, its been fun

who are

Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I am istp in both.
    How/why? Do you ignore functions?

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    How/why? Do you ignore functions?
    I would have to go back and verify the why, but the slight shift in Si in MBTI and Si in socionics was actually enough to pin me as ISTp in socionics. It has to do with me having this need to claim eSTP in MBTI...the small E because i have the extroverted non-people side of an ESTP, but lack the "people" side i am guessing due to an inferior Fe. My Se in ISTP is very strong in a manner that fits Si in ISTp description of socionics.
    Im out, its been fun