User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 29

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    28

    Default Really like this ISTJ!

    Hey. I'm an INFP and I really like an ISTJ! What I'm finding really hard is figuring out if he likes me back because he is extremely hard to read. The past month I've been thoroughly reading up about ISTJ's.

    I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone. This guy looks at me a lot and smiles. He also occasionally touches me softly on the arm when helping me out with things.

    I haven't seen him in a while as he has caved in with everyone due to stress on revising for his finals. I have t spoken to him in a while and I really miss him but I want to give him the space he needs.

    I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. I really just want to know if he likes me but I honestly can't tell and it's frustrating me a lot.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    MBTI
    eNfJ
    Enneagram
    359 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EIE Ni
    Posts
    1,584

    Default

    1) They acknowledge your existence.
    2) They make time for you/put you into their routine.
    3) They go out of their way to help you.
    4) They remember little details about you from several months/years back.
    5) They will talk your ears off if they feel comfortable around you/will be slightly emotionally vulnerable around you.

    Those tend to be signs that an ISTJ values you/likes you as a person.

    Just ask him to hang out and see what comes of it.
    Likes SearchingforPeace, StarFollowed liked this post

  3. #3
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2016
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    925 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII None
    Posts
    818

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bee1991 View Post
    Hey. I'm an INFP and I really like an ISTJ! What I'm finding really hard is figuring out if he likes me back because he is extremely hard to read. The past month I've been thoroughly reading up about ISTJ's.

    I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone. This guy looks at me a lot and smiles. He also occasionally touches me softly on the arm when helping me out with things.

    I haven't seen him in a while as he has caved in with everyone due to stress on revising for his finals. I have t spoken to him in a while and I really miss him but I want to give him the space he needs.

    I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. I really just want to know if he likes me but I honestly can't tell and it's frustrating me a lot.
    Ask them to take a personality test. Calling him an ISTJ means nothing, if he doesn't view himself as such. He may think he is an ENFP, which would be a pretty important thing to know, if you're looking for a relationship with him. Heck, tell him to guess your type as well. He may see you as ENTJ, for all you know, which is a pretty important thing to know as well lol.

  4. #4
    deplorable basketcase Tellenbach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    3,910

    Default

    Cant speak for other ISTJs but yeah, if he looks at you a lot, especially the face, then he digs you.

    I just wanted to ask any ISTJ's on here how you show you like someone.
    Protege nailed this one. We'll ignore you less than other people. Try and observe how much attention this person pays to others in comparison with yourself. That should tell you a lot.
    Liberty means the ability to say "No thanks, perhaps later. I'm gonna go take a nap now."

  5. #5
    Senior Member Kheledon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    136 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EIE Fe
    Posts
    577

    Default

    ISTj (in Socionics) is an aggressor. And it's exactly what I need according to Socionics theory. If ISTj is interested in you, you will know it. ISTj will pursue you, presuming, of course, that we're talking about an ISTj in Socionics theory. An ISTJ in MBTI theory may be either an ISTj or an ISTp in Socionics, and those two types are quite different.
    MBTI: ENFJ
    M/B Functional Stack: Dominant--Fe, Auxilliary--Ni, Tertiary--Se, Inferior--Ti
    Ego (Jungian): FeNi
    Socionics: EIE-Fe, Beta
    Socionics Functional Stack: Program--Fe, Creative--Ni, Role--Te, PoLR--Si
    Enneagram Type 1
    Tritype 136
    Big Five: SCOEI - sxO|E|i
    Alignment: Lawful Good
    House: Slytherin (the "ethical teacher" type, i.e. Severus Snape)
    Color Code: Blue (intimacy-driven)
    Soul Type: Educator

    Sentio ergo sum.

  6. #6
    who are
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kheledon View Post
    ISTj (in Socionics) is an agressor. And it's exactly what I need according to Socionics theory. If ISTJ is interested in you, you will know it. ISTJ will pursue you, presuming, of course, that we're talking about an ISTj in Socionics theory. An ISTJ in MBTI theory may be either an ISTj or an ISTp in Socionics, and those two types are quite different.
    I don't see how an ISTj in Socionics could ever be an ISTJ in MBTI. Socionics ISTj = Ti Se, MBTI ISTJ = Si Te. The definitions of the functions are slightly different in the two systems, but not that dramatically.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    I don't see how an ISTj in Socionics could ever be an ISTJ in MBTI. Socionics ISTj = Ti Se, MBTI ISTJ = Si Te. The definitions of the functions are slightly different in the two systems, but not that dramatically.
    I am istp in both.
    Im out, its been fun

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Ask them to take a personality test. Calling him an ISTJ means nothing, if he doesn't view himself as such. He may think he is an ENFP, which would be a pretty important thing to know, if you're looking for a relationship with him. Heck, tell him to guess your type as well. He may see you as ENTJ, for all you know, which is a pretty important thing to know as well lol.
    That just means you have free reign to play with him as he may be wrong and not know who he is. Have seen that many times.
    Im out, its been fun

  9. #9
    who are
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poki View Post
    I am istp in both.
    How/why? Do you ignore functions?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    STP
    Posts
    10,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    How/why? Do you ignore functions?
    I would have to go back and verify the why, but the slight shift in Si in MBTI and Si in socionics was actually enough to pin me as ISTp in socionics. It has to do with me having this need to claim eSTP in MBTI...the small E because i have the extroverted non-people side of an ESTP, but lack the "people" side i am guessing due to an inferior Fe. My Se in ISTP is very strong in a manner that fits Si in ISTp description of socionics.
    Im out, its been fun

Similar Threads

  1. [E4] 4s: is this what you're really like?
    By thoughtlost in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 02:47 PM
  2. [ISTJ] Why is this ISTJ so flaky?
    By Summer in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-23-2014, 06:40 AM
  3. [ISTJ] What I like about ISTJ's and what do you like in others?
    By Ene in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-20-2012, 07:39 PM
  4. [ISTJ] PLEASE HELP, does this ISTJ love me?
    By 2XtremeENFP in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 12-30-2011, 09:23 AM
  5. [ISTJ] So this ISTJ met somebody online...
    By Sam Spade in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO