• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

INTJ and INTP romance pairing

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
Does anybody have any experience with it? Tell me what it's like

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Well, I think my wife is INTJ and we've known each other for 13 years almost, and we have a young daughter.

I think we complement each other well. In terms of romance, we aren't that romantic but that doesn't mean you can evade it altogether. But in my experience you have to show that you care. You may both generally turn your nose up at the soppy romantic things that other people do, so express yourself in the unconventional manners you're already accustomed to. Use that typical INTP humour; not many other people may get it but INTJs with their minds know what you're on about most of the time. We make fun of the other things people do for romance and we see right through the fake stuff.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I think my wife is INTJ and we've known each other for 13 years almost, and we have a young daughter.

I think we complement each other well. In terms of romance, we aren't that romantic but that doesn't mean you can evade it altogether. But in my experience you have to show that you care. You may both generally turn your nose up at the soppy romantic things that other people do, so express yourself in the unconventional manners you're already accustomed to. Use that typical INTP humour; not many other people may get it but INTJs with their minds know what you're on about most of the time. We make fun of the other things people do for romance and we see right through the fake stuff.
My INTP and I do the same. We totally ignore mass-market holidays like Valentines Day, and save the festivities for our anniversary, a day just for us. One of our favorite dates is to go to dinner, then wander around one of those bookstores that stays open until 11 pm. We also enjoy hiking and working in our yard and garden together. We are both real homebodies. I think we work very well together and therefore get alot done as a couple. Both being introverts, our socializing styles are very compatible. He is much more laid back and superficially outgoing. He will chat with the neighbors and has no problem with social events as long as they aren't too crazy. I don't even know the names of most of the neighbors and have less patience with socializing, but we tend to socialize with known and relatively predictable groups, so overall tolerable.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
My INTP and I do the same. We totally ignore mass-market holidays like Valentines Day, and save the festivities for our anniversary, a day just for us. One of our favorite dates is to go to dinner, then wander around one of those bookstores that stays open until 11 pm. We also enjoy hiking and working in our yard and garden together. We are both real homebodies. I think we work very well together and therefore get alot done as a couple. Both being introverts, our socializing styles are very compatible. He is much more laid back and superficially outgoing. He will chat with the neighbors and has no problem with social events as long as they aren't too crazy. I don't even know the names of most of the neighbors and have less patience with socializing, but we tend to socialize with known and relatively predictable groups, so overall tolerable.

Sounds like you two are a good match. Overall though, in terms of romance, what do you feel you need?

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The best thing about an INTP+INTJ is that the INTP doesn't even know that they're in a relationship, but the INTJ knew that shit before they were born. That's wassup.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I have felt somewhat attractive to the INTJs I meet. It feels like I can talk to them on any subject. They were also very hyper-intellectual.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I've always been curious about what it would be like to date another NT, but I've never actually done it.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
how do I post a question? I'm new here

You mean like a new thread? Go to the section of the forum you want to create the new thread in, and you should see at the top "post a new thread." You can use declarative, imperative or interrogative sentences.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this thread was comparing the artwork of INTPs and INTJs when drunk with love.but um...

Not a recommended relationship.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I thought this thread was comparing the artwork of INTPs and INTJs when drunk with love.but um...

Not a recommended relationship.
I will point that out to my INTP on our anniversary. Perhaps it helps that neither of us is an artist, or gets drunk much at all.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
I will point that out to my INTP on our anniversary. Perhaps it helps that neither of us is an artist, or gets drunk much at all.

Coriolis do you think the best pairing for INTP is INTJ?

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My best- and worst -relationship was with an INTJ.

Long story short: I was just starting to discover what kind of people I was attracted to, and he took advantage of that.

I know that's really specific, but all I can do is share my own experiences.