User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ

Going to actually try to answer most of your questions. I dated three INFJ's before and one of them lasted a few months. Answers are in bold.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What do you think about relationships between ENTJs and INFJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

- How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
    I think if an ENTJ has a well developed Fe than it could work great.

- Why are they attracted to each other?
    Generally the INFJ admires the ENTJ"s "thick skin" and bluntness. INFJ's are famously known to detect lies very easily, and hate deceptive behaviors. This is where the INFJ will initially be attracted to the ENTJ, their bluntness and honestly (even if its selective honesty) will turn on the INFJ. All INFJ"s I dated where extremely attracted to my bluntness. But the ENTJ's straightforwardness can be a double edge sword to the Feeler type, who might get offended or deeply hurt.

- How to they compliment each other?
    The I / E difference is an obvious compliment but the F vs T can pose some problems if the ENTJ doesn't have a well developed Fe, or the INFJ is to sensitive.

- How well do they understand each other and why?
    INFJ's need a strong emotional connection with their partners in order to fully commit, or progressive in a physical relationship. They are not ones to sleep around. The ENTJ might not understand why the INFJ is delaying in investing in a relationship with him, and might take it personally. Also, the I types have a strong need to recharge or be alone at times. The Extroverted ENTJ might not understand why the INFT constantly has the need to turtle occasionally. The INFJ's "turtling" coupled with the slow progression in a physical relationship might be taken as rejection to the ENTJ. INFJ's have a great tendency to hold things in. This further stunts the growth of both partners.

- What are they like together raising children?
    Can't speak from experience, but from what I read ENTJ's tend to be very militant with their children. INFJ's will be more empathetic. Looks like a perfect set up for "bad cop good cop" parenting style, lol.

When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
    INFJ's have a problem opening up, or expressing themselves openly. This poses a big problem for the blunt, expressive, no games ENTJ. Another challenge is the ENTJ"s bluntness can be emotionally taxing for the "Feely" INFJ.
    Likes meowington liked this post

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JClassic View Post
    ENTJ's need for control has contributed to a lot of great businesses, and organizations today. This of course is very subjective, but my opinion. It is also a shared opinion on a lot of MBTI discussion sites as well. Me personally, cannot be in a relationship with an overly proactive, dominant women. While I find them attractive, we just bump heads. And yes, I heard the argument any women will follow a strong man, only a weak man can't handle a strong women. I can assure this applies only at work, not in relationships. There are tons of resources online, and the same shared opinion being touted online.
    Proactive and dominant don't necessarily go together, though they stereotypically do. In fact, I will even say that the more forceful, proactive, or assertive a woman is, the more she might lack inner strength. This is like a female Napoleon Complex, if you will. Of course, proactive women can be truly dominant forces but a woman will find her true strength when she can learn how to submit to her fate, and embrace the things about her that are uniquely and specially female. Just as a man will not tap into his truest strength until he learns to submit to the Lord.

In my estimation, the woman's plight is weakness and the man's plight is pride.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Reborn Relic liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I never had a better work relationship than I do now with my ENTJ superior.
    We supplement eachother very well.
    his only flaws are :
    -thinks too black/white sometimes, makes judgement too fast (ignoring relevant details from time to time), but he's smart enough to check with me cause he knows I give everything more thought.
    -eventhough he has well developed Fe he still steps on peoples' toes from time to time by being too blunt
    I have to smoke him out to connect emotionally.
    But overall best boss ever ! I go to see movies with him from time to time. Don't think many people connect that well with their superior.

My best friend is an ENTJ too.

Looks like a perfect set up for "bad cop good cop" parenting style, lol. [/b]
    OMG that is so true : when me and my boss have to negotiate something with external representatives "good cop / bad cop" is exactly what we do
    Those representatives usually love me and are petrified by the ENTJ lol but he gets the discount done, so he's happy too and I'm happy that I can still get through the same door with these people, cause I have to work with them on a daily basis.
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Proactive and dominant don't necessarily go together, though they stereotypically do. In fact, I will even say that the more forceful, proactive, or assertive a woman is, the more she might lack inner strength. This is like a female Napoleon Complex, if you will. Of course, proactive women can be truly dominant forces but a woman will find her true strength when she can learn how to submit to her fate, and embrace the things about her that are uniquely and specially female. Just as a man will not tap into his truest strength until he learns to submit to the Lord.

In my estimation, the woman's plight is weakness and the man's plight is pride.
    Never really thought about the Napoleon Complexes women can have. Very good point.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    I never had a better work relationship than I do now with my ENTJ superior.
    We supplement eachother very well.
    his only flaws are :
    -thinks too black/white sometimes, makes judgement too fast (ignoring relevant details from time to time), but he's smart enough to check with me cause he knows I give everything more thought.
    -eventhough he has well developed Fe he still steps on peoples' toes from time to time by being too blunt
    I have to smoke him out to connect emotionally.
    But overall best boss ever ! I go to see movies with him from time to time. Don't think many people connect that well with their superior.

My best friend is an ENTJ too.

OMG that is so true : when me and my boss have to negotiate something with external representatives "good cop / bad cop" is exactly what we do
    Those representatives usually love me and are petrified by the ENTJ lol but he gets the discount done, so he's happy too and I'm happy that I can still get through the same door with these people, cause I have to work with them on a daily basis.
    Lol, thats like the much needed duality at the work place. Just imagine if everyone wan an ENTJ at your job lol.
    Likes meowington liked this post

I wanna fcken feel right Numbly Aware's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sx
    Socionics
    LIE Te

I dated a few INFJ's before, and found them to be the best matches for me. Their unpredictable emotional side can be frustrating. They also tend to go hermit once in awhile and want to be in their shell escaping from the outside world. They also hate being controlled so this has been a problem for me, but I look as this being a challenge. Being a classic ENTJ I will just try to control, and lead the INFJ who will eventually follow. I noticed that if you appeal to the INFJ's emotions they will more likely do what you ask. Lol, sounds bad but very true.
    That is so sweet.
    Gives me hope with the ENTJ I'm interested in...
    One step ahead from yesterday~

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think infjs appear malleable initially, but are actually quite opinionated and stubborn and do not make great rose in the lapel, intelligent but not too intelligent type mates. Entjs generally are appealing to infjs in their twenties, who admire the direction, decisiveness, and bluntness of an entj. However, longterm, the lack of give and take, the infjs need for personal and relationship growth and the lack of entj emotion expression make it not work. Infjs would generally be wiser to marry after their aux and tert functions have time to develop as the mate they'd pick early in adulthood would be very different from the mate they'd choose later. Infjs are known at the best of times to have one of the highest marriage dissatisfaction rates.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

ew
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Going to actually try to answer most of your questions. I dated three INFJ's before and one of them lasted a few months. Answers are in bold.

- How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
    I think if an ENTJ has a well developed Fe than it could work great.
    That's an enfj, a male enfj.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ