123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default ENTJ and INTJ Relationships

What do you think about relationships between ENTJs and INTJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

When it’s working – What are the joys and positive aspects of these relationships?
    - How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
    - Why are they attracted to each other?
    - How to they compliment each other?
    - How well do they understand each other and why?
    - What are they like together raising children?

When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
    - What are some of the communication challenges they can have?
    - What are the biggest frustrations between these two types?
    - How can they take each other for granted?
    - What happens with things “go wrong” between these two types?

Advice for couples – What recommendations do you have?
    - What things should each type do to facilitate better communication?
    - What advice do you have for each of the two types?
    - If you are an ENTJ, what advice do you have for the INTJs?
    - If you are an INTJ, what advice would you have for the ENTJs?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

*cough*

I'm... not the best person to ask about this. I'll let someone else give it a go.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Somehow, I can't see this combination working very well.

My experience with ENTJs has been great. If you're not getting along with them then maybe you're confusing ENTJs for ESTJs. That happens a lot.

This seems interesting: INTJ + ENTJ compatibility

I generally like most NTs though, unless they're narcissists or paranoid. Mentally healthy NT's are just awesome to be around for me.
    "A negative mind will never give you a positive life." http://bosniannames.com/
    Likes BluRoses, chubber liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    Somehow, I can't see this combination working very well.
    Hm. I thought the opposite, though I have at times had problems with them in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Here View Post
    My experience with ENTJs has been great. If you're not getting along with them then maybe you're confusing ENTJs for ESTJs. That happens a lot.

This seems interesting: INTJ + ENTJ compatibility
    I came across that site recently and thought it was excellent.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

The Green Jolly Robin H.
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Don't argue with the ENTJ if you are an intj. ENTJ's do not like to mess around. They like observable evidence for conclusions they understand science but they understand statistics better and know that statistically, based on experience, probably are wrong 9/10 even when they sound right.
    "i shut the door and in the morning
    it was open
    -the end"

Olemn slammed his hammer and from the sparks on the metal of his anvil came the spheres of the heavens.

Sayrah blew life into the spheres and they moved. From her wheel she weaved the names of people in to mystery.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

FTW.

Also I/ENTJ and I/ENFJ.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

My experience with this pairing was positive. Complicated, yes. But, nonetheless, I grew a great deal from it.

I think what I valued about the interaction was the way he constantly surprised me. His mind was just active in a way that mine wasn't. There was something lovely to all the angles he saw, and I think that he appreciated that I understood the intricacy that each thought revealed.

I grounded him, or tried to at least. Not in a limiting way, but trying to understand where he was coming from, what he needed and just providing for those things in quiet but practical ways. There was a lot of acceptance involved, which I think was a rarity for both of us. He helped me to open up and own my feelings in a way that made sense to me. We were best friends, I think.

And I think that's kind of a recurring theme with the ENTJ/INTJ couples that I've known--the depth of the mutual respect and loyalty. And overtime that foundation can grow into a pretty lovely symbiosis if allowed to. Are there problems? Sure. I'm not the most emotionally expressive woman, and never will be. If you're looking for a partner who's able to bask in that connection FP-style with endless ruminations about what you're feeling and what I'm feeling and what I feel about what you're feeling, then I ain't your girl.

Similarly, he'd get lost in the conceptual weeds at times. The rabbit hole would go deeper and deeper, and I didn't know how to get him back from the edge. I felt he was more comfortable with the idea of me, than the actuality of me. I changed, but the model stayed fixed. Fighting against something that is purely an image in the mind wears you down after a while. There's only so much shadowboxing you can do before you just end up throwing in the towel.

But as is always the case with Ni, that's not the whole truth, or only a portion of it. There were moments, though, where I knew with transcendent clarity that there was nothing more perfect than what I was sharing with him right now. There were moments he saw me more clearly than anyone, and others where he was lost in my own mirrors. The closest thing to the truth is that we loved each other and we tried. Honestly we did.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth
    Likes highlander, Redbone liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by GarrotTheThief View Post
    Don't argue with the ENTJ if you are an intj. ENTJ's do not like to mess around. They like observable evidence for conclusions they understand science but they understand statistics better and know that statistically, based on experience, probably are wrong 9/10 even when they sound right.
    *cough*
    Likes GarrotTheThief, Vega Vex, Norexan liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@GarrotTheThief Is there some sort of hidden meaning in the fact that you capitalized ENTJ, but not INTJ? Or was that an accidental slip?
    Likes GarrotTheThief liked this post