User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    When I say objective, I mean able to analyze things rationally and impartially, taking all factors into consideration without letting personal feelings get in the way. My sister can't do this. Like literally can't. I think her Introverted Feeling is so over-developed, it drowns out her Extraverted Sensing. As a result, she is unable, or unwilling, to consider any viewpoint or opinion which differs from her own.
    Since I am just one letter off from ISFP, I can tell you we analyze by what we see and build an understanding. We also go in reverse and control our external world via what we understand. For me I process logically, external logic is just data points to consider and I don't take on logic directly . She would be like that with feelings. she would use feelings to process understand and control. I would say she is an individual person when it comes to what believes when it comes to thoughts. Also understand that feelings is a judgement. While I turn to logic and thought to understand feelings, she more then likely turns to feelings and her logic/thought is something taken "as-is". Feelings/thoughts have 2 different goals and priorities.

If she is anything like me everything has a grey scale, its not a simple pro/con list. Its a complicated overlapping of grey which is hard to explain and that grey scale is rebuilt for every situation do to all the different paths that can be taken. I am very stubborn on my view point, it gets processed analyzed and I make my own judgement and either integrate it into my view point or not. Depending on the topic I may not integrate anyones view points other then my own. I don't do "groupie" view points.
    Im out, its been fun
    Likes IndyGhost liked this post

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Auxiliary supports the dominant function, e.g. Te supports Ni
    Fi (is mentioned to appear child like), however Fi supports Se. (not the other way around)
    From personal experience, Aux supports Dom heavily. I actually push Ni back and rely on Se to get away from my own Ni. Its the whole concept of "Reality rules" and has the final say. Intuition is based off of data points, not enough or not the right data points and intuition is wrong. Due to the fact that I know and understand this I fall back to what I sense in reality(life in front of me) over intuition. Both feed into my Ti for a final decision. But if my senses say my intuition is off I have to keep digging and find the areas where intuition aligns with senses.

This is actually why I rely and heavily compare everything with reality as a final check as opposed to trying to fit reality into theory. I fit theory into reality and tweak theory.
    Im out, its been fun

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

@highlander and @ceecee brought up the melancholy and sadness that INTJs can get trapped by at times. It sounds similar to the nostalgia trap I get into at times.

With Si in 8th position, it is the demon function for both INFJs and INTJs. Our memories are a trap and we get lost in them.

I am blessed with an amazing memory, but when I get fixated on things, it is ugly. I relive 30 year old events and try to reinterpret it and figure out things I missed years earlier. I do this over and over again, sometimes bringing a bit of what if into it and then I am lost.

I can't explain it much more, but it is very hard to break out of this loop.

Of course, trying to find personal triggers and childhood understanding sucked me so much.....ugh. I think I can take a break from the Si trap for awhile.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984
    Likes highlander, Punderstorm liked this post

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by great_bay View Post
    How can't you not understand each other if you guys have the same function and both of you are introverted?
    like @highlander said, i think it might have to do with the sensing/intuition breakdown. to me, even though we both have Fi, the ISFP i know seems to think and talk about much more tangible, concrete matters, while i tend toward the abstract and analytical. to both of us, the other seems somewhat trivial.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
    Likes highlander, cascadeco, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    like @highlander said, i think it might have to do with the sensing/intuition breakdown. to me, even though we both have Fi, the ISFP i know seems to think and talk about much more tangible, concrete matters, while i tend toward the abstract and analytical. to both of us, the other seems somewhat trivial.
    What do you mean by abstract and analytical? Example?
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Masokissed View Post
    What do you mean by abstract and analytical? Example?
    Her: talks about what people said and did at work. Goes into details about specifics of actions that she uses to draw conclusions about who and what is problematic.

Me: talks about the dynamics of the forces in my life and how they're effecting me. Goes into details about types of interactions and sources of support or taxation that I use to draw conclusions about what needs attention and what is going well.
    Likes Masokissed, OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    Her: talks about what people said and did at work. Goes into details about specifics of actions that she uses to draw conclusions about who and what is problematic.

Me: talks about the dynamics of the forces in my life and how they're effecting me. Goes into details about types of interactions and sources of support or taxation that I use to draw conclusions about what needs attention and what is going well.
    Alright, thanks. Seems to me that a lot of the Ns here spend more time talking about talking about N things than they talk about it. What you said you do still sounds foreign to me, maybe because I don't do it. I like to think about "N" stuff on my own more than I like to talk about it and this I've noticed with other SPs too and we can get annoyed if things stay there too long. It's like, "I get the point!".
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes cascadeco liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Masokissed View Post
    Alright, thanks. Seems to me that a lot of the Ns here spend more time talking about talking about N things than they talk about it. What you said you do still sounds foreign to me, maybe because I don't do it. I like to think about "N" stuff on my own more than I like to talk about it and this I've noticed with other SPs too and we can get annoyed if things stay there too long. It's like, "I get the point!".
    yeah, i think it seems to SPs like we're not really talking about anything when to us we're digging into the meat of our thoughts.

i feel the same way listening to SPs. all those details that you all seem to go into are the things i casually pass through my brain on my own and feel no need to get into, because they only serve as bits of support to the actual point: which is the synthesis of the underlying themes of the tangible events.

iow, we each take the thing the other person spends their time picking apart for granted. i believe though that SPs can offer NPs a smack-in-the-face as far as how some things really are powerful on their own, and of the importance of dealing with the here and now as a way to effect change on the big picture. on the flip side, i think NPs can offer SPs some face-smackage about the larger patterns their events are showing, and how dealing with each one as an individual issue won't change the larger source of frustration.

am i making sense?
    Likes Masokissed, OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se