User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I dont think that woukd happen if they shared a life long passion for the same thing. Ni-doms can spend years on a single topic and instead of becoming boring, it becomes more and more exciting as each thread they pull leads to a whole new dimension of discoveries.
    This. Yes.
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.
    Likes Ene, Cloudpatrol liked this post

To the best of my knowledge I am in a relationship with an INTJ. LOL-that is, I know I am in the relationship and I believe him to be INTJ. We are really well matched and seem to really get each other. I admire his rational thinking and he admires my emotional intelligence but we each consider the other to have plenty of each. Perhaps we are fortunate and are two well balanced and healthy people but we don't encounter communication problems that aren't easily solved. We have a high degree of trust so we just ask each other for clarification if we don't understand the other's intent or meaning and we always assume the best with regards to intent.

We are not raising children together though I think we would do it well.

We both seem to have the same love language. We like affectionate language, physical affection and acts of service best in any order.

As an INFJ I like to understood and valued but I would also imagine that everyone does so I would seek to give that to a partner. I feel understood and valued by my INTJ partner and it is wonderful.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I'm in a very close work relationship, and a growing friendship, with an INFJ.

When it's working — Expectations, predictions, reactions and plans are almost always the same. Not frequently; almost always. We often complete each other's sentences because our technical thought patterns are running parallel. There's virtually no energy spent translating and negotiating a foreign perspective, as would be necessary with another intuitive like an INTP or ENTP. As Enneagram Ones, shared anger in the form of normal work frustrations validates us, whereas with others we'd have to explain ourselves or else keep quiet. Mutual respect for security is understood as familial/collegial rather than practical; we want to look out for each other. Finally, we both value thoroughness and decisiveness, often working independently to overcome office inertia.

When it's not working — Secondary functions clash in more complex situations, and stress leads to ironic contrasts through tertiary functions. Both of us are equally tactful and outspoken, but I will more readily speak plainly and factually in search of clarity through debate, whereas the INFJ will use qualification and diplomatic redundancies to shepherd other parties. Tertiary interactions consist of a suddenly remote, imperious INFJ and a suddenly impressionistic, melancholy INTJ, and aren't of much use. Navigating an INFJ's needs and expectations in a friendship is daunting — sometimes I'm simply thankful to have seen the stark differences between each type. The INFJ is better positioned to perceive work and work relations globally, and "talk executive." By contrast, I have few qualms about high workload, unexpected situations, or challenges in execution.
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    My languages are words of affirmation and physical affection. We should do some kind of survey to look at the correlation. It might be interesting.
    This is tardy participation, but I want to add that the above is true for me as well. I have been "talking" to an INTJ for a few weeks now --not sure where it's headed--, but I've noticed that we do seem to share these love language preferences, as well as a mutual need/importance placed on sex. Sex is important for all couples, but it seems especially true of us (and potentially our kind?). I think it's reasonable to speculate about the latent development of Se as we are both 30+ with kids, in addition to overall maturation and comfort level with our bodies and sexual needs, aaaand both being people who have lived much in our heads for the first decade of adulthood. There is something to be said for the Ni...Se shared aesthetic and the way our minds incorporate our ideas into our physical experiences and preferences.

I worry that we are both too strong/independent for the long-term, but the short-term relief-valve so far is my comparative softness/malleability, sincere and tender solicitation for his well-being; and his respect for my way of thinking which (surprisingly) frees me to be comfortable with his pointed speech and directive nature i.e. "taking the reigns" ... something that might make me bristle with other men. I know if I need to put my hand up and object when my need for my own way asserts myself, he'll step back and listen.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This is tardy participation, but I want to add that the above is true for me as well. I have been "talking" to an INTJ for a few weeks now --not sure where it's headed--, but I've noticed that we do seem to share these love language preferences, as well as a mutual need/importance placed on sex. Sex is important for all couples, but it seems especially true of us (and potentially our kind?). I think it's reasonable to speculate about the latent development of Se as we are both 30+ with kids, in addition to overall maturation and comfort level with our bodies and sexual needs, aaaand both being people who have lived much in our heads for the first decade of adulthood. There is something to be said for the Ni...Se shared aesthetic and the way our minds incorporate our ideas into our physical experiences and preferences.

I worry that we are both too strong/independent for the long-term, but the short-term relief-valve so far is my comparative softness/malleability, sincere and tender solicitation for his well-being; and his respect for my way of thinking which (surprisingly) frees me to be comfortable with his pointed speech and directive nature i.e. "taking the reigns" ... something that might make me bristle with other men. I know if I need to put my hand up and object when my need for my own way asserts myself, he'll step back and listen.
    Since I created this thread, I did some research and documented it in one of the Wiki Pages. There are definitely some patterns but it does seem like any type can prefer close to any love language.

Type And Love Languages - Typology Wiki

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes iwakar, Cloudpatrol liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Since I created this thread, I did some research and documented it in one of the Wiki Pages. There are definitely some patterns but it does seem like any type can prefer close to any love language.

Type And Love Languages - Typology Wiki
    I saw that thanks. Seeing that made me realize that my preferences re: love languages have shifted as I've gotten older, more independent, and caught up with my own passions and interests. Quality time together has fallen in my priorities whereas before it was much more important.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke
    Likes highlander, Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I saw that thanks. Seeing that made me realize that my preferences re: love languages have shifted as I've gotten older, more independent, and caught up with my own passions and interests. Quality time together has fallen in my priorities whereas before it was much more important.
    Yeah, I don't think my preferences are that common for example. Physical touch is high on my list but low on average for INTJs. Acts of service mean little to me but are big for INTJs overall. Quality time is highest for INTJs. It is important to me too but not as much as the other ones.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes Cloudpatrol, Xiadais liked this post

I've seen this said on this forum before and now I know it's true first-hand.

INTJs are hard on the outside, soft on the inside. INFJs are soft on the outside, hard on the inside. I'm a little disturbed and in awe of this realization while up-close and personal.

INTJs are hard on the outside, soft on the inside. INFJs are soft on the outside, hard on the inside. I'm a little disturbed and in awe of this realization while up-close and personal.
    FASCINATING statement. I am absorbing it still.

@highlander
    Thank you for the wiki. This is a topic that does not lose it's appeal (I find ALL types I interact with are interested in the topic as well ) and I value any insight that is available.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Is that true? Maybe it is.

Tri-type 639