First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    I feel like love languages play a huge role in how couples communicate their affection or build their expectations for one another, sometimes without even realizing it. I feel as though it may play an even more significant role in compatibility than MBTI typing, but there are a ton of factors in relationship compatibility. I do think it'd be interesting to explore any correlations, nonetheless.
    I agree. It's funny how someone conducted a survey right around the time that I said this. I guess that's a coincidence

MBTI and Love Languages

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

It's good but the biggest obstacle I see is that they would get bored with each other once the initial attraction has subsided.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieNinjaPirate View Post
    It's good but the biggest obstacle I see is that they would get bored with each other once the initial attraction has subsided.
    I dont think that woukd happen if they shared a life long passion for the same thing. Ni-doms can spend years on a single topic and instead of becoming boring, it becomes more and more exciting as each thread they pull leads to a whole new dimension of discoveries.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I dont think that woukd happen if they shared a life long passion for the same thing. Ni-doms can spend years on a single topic and instead of becoming boring, it becomes more and more exciting as each thread they pull leads to a whole new dimension of discoveries.
    That's my perception as to how it would work. I wonder if they didn't share the same life long passion though (which few people do). I still think it is probably a very compatible long term combination.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

breaking out of my cocoon SearchingforPeace's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE None

Mine are touch followed by words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archilochus
    The fox knows many things--the hedgehog one big one.
    And I am not a hedgehog......

-------------------

Jesus said "Blessed are the peacemakers" not "blessed are the conflict avoiders.....

9w8 6w5 4w5 sx/so

----------------------

“Orthodoxy means not thinking--not needing to think. Orthodoxy is unconsciousness.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    That's my perception as to how it would work. I wonder if they didn't share the same life long passion though (which few people do). I still think it is probably a very compatible long term combination.
    I agree. I think it is just a good combo. I think that since both have a strong tendency to make their plans work that they would seek to understand what each other was into.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I agree. I think it is just a good combo. I think that since both have a strong tendency to make their plans work that they would seek to understand what each other was into.
    They are both such rare types though that it seems very unlikely that they would find each other and when young, they would generally be attracted to someone who was more of their opposite.

Tri-type 639

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    They are both such rare types though that it seems very unlikely that they would find each other and when young, they would generally be attracted to someone who was more of their opposite.
    Yes, I agree. I was actually thinking as I wrote and almost commented that such a pairing would be more apt to happen later in life, likely after each had already sought relationships with other types. However, I do know of one couple in their mid twenties. He is INFJ and she is INTJ. They are engaged. I hope it works out for them. Ironicaly, boith are extremly rare individuals.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Well, any relationship can work regardless of MBTI theory which is hit and miss anyways. Still, theoretically its a good match. I see double Ni working out in interesting ways for sure. But I do think an Ne-Ni combo would be more interesting. I think the issues might arise from the Te-Fi and Fe-Ti differences. INTJ may not be as expressive as the INFJ desires or the INTJ can see the INFJ's constant desire for expression as somewhat annoying. Of course this can be all bullshit too. I was just toying around with the underlying theories of type relations. It may have nothing whatsoever to do with reality.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Here are my thoughts on this. The INFJ and the INTJ will both be creative, but for different reasons. The Fe in INFJ, when aligned to counter their Ni could seek harmony with the people around them. A grouchy INFJ will be very critical of people, which the INTJ is going to take to heart, because they don't know that they are taking it personally. So basically an unaware INTJ of this will feel personally attacked and do introspection. The INTJ will need to learn that the INFJ is only trying to help but will reject the communication method, when it comes to harmony of other people. The INTJ will do the same with the INFJ, but instead of people orientation, it will be critical towards logic/efficiency of tasks etc. Again the two will talk past each other and the INFJ will dable in their self doubt in their logic. They are unaware that this happening to them at the time. So I guess that there will be time apart to take a breather. But it will never be an easy one because of these differences. Will it get better in their 40s? I guess so, perhaps if they accept that they are different and will never be the same and be ok with that.