12311 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Default ENTP and INFJ Relationships

What do you think about relationships between ENTPs and INFJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

When it’s working – What are the joys and positive aspects of these relationships?
    - How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
    - Why are they attracted to each other?
    - How to they compliment each other?
    - How well do they understand each other and why?
    - What are they like together raising children?

When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
    - What are some of the communication challenges they can have?
    - What are the biggest frustrations between these two types?
    - How can they take each other for granted?
    - What happens with things “go wrong” between these two types?

Advice for couples – What recommendations do you have?
    - What things should each type do to facilitate better communication?
    - What advice do you have for each of the two types?
    - If you are an ENTP, what advice do you have for the INFJs?
    - If you are an INFJ, what advice would you have for the ENTPs?

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Watching tv shows featuring ENTPs, I can see why the attraction would be there. In real life, I think it would be a bit tortured and exhausting. I don't think I know any real life examples of that type though.
    Likes cm81 liked this post

There is a long thread on this.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...mic-hands.html

I think it's a bad match as couples. As friends they'd be great I have a feeling.

Also quite a lot of INFJs are e4 and quite a lot of ENTPs are e7s. E4s and E7s sounds like a terrible match.
    Likes LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

No experience with ENTPs in real life... but I have a feeling that I might not get along well with an extravert. I can't match their energy.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I don't think that would be an issue for me, maybe because of being an so/sx? However, I think that there would be a lot of maneuvering and emotional push/pull that I would find exhausting, while still becoming more deeply attached all the time. I also find I like peoe that I can't figure out immediately, which seems to cover a lot of ENTP types. However, those people often have elaborate facades or coping mechanisms in place to avoid vulnerability and I would ultimately become irritated by the lack of real and honest communication. I would be attracted to the outspokenness, spontaneity, and originality, but ultimately would feel better with someone more reliable and stable. Good fora friend, bad for a romantic partner.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post
    There is a long thread on this.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...mic-hands.html

I think it's a bad match as couples. As friends they'd be great I have a feeling.

Also quite a lot of INFJs are e4 and quite a lot of ENTPs are e7s. E4s and E7s sounds like a terrible match.
    I have a lot of ExxP e7 friends, but Im not sure I'd want to date one either. I think I'd get sick of feeling like I have to be the adult and they'd find me too much of a downer at times.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Enneagram
    9w8

I do know some ENTPs but have never been a relationship with one. I suspected my sifu might have been ENTP but the truth is that I'm not so sure now. He moved away and we don't get to talk much anymore.

The one ENTP that I do know is the superintendent in our district and I try to stay below his radar. Something about him makes me nervous. He's fun to talk to, very intelligent, but I feel like I can't trust him. I feel like he'd sell his mother if it gave him more political power and something about that rubs me the wrong way Maybe if I knew more ENTPs, I could be more fair in assessing them.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Friendships with INFJs - Usually great, but very emotional. Sometimes so much emotion that I don't have the empathy to really understand what is going on. So I try to use the strategy of just accepting them, even when it doesn't make sense to me.

I've never had a romantic relationship with a male INFJ. The idea makes me a bit nervous.

Edit: It makes me really nervous. I don't think this would make me happy.
    Likes Opal, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

I echo @Gamine's sentiments:

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    Friendships with INFJs - Usually great, but very emotional. Sometimes so much emotion that I don't have the empathy to really understand what is going on.
    Hell, if I know. I don't understand what's going on.

So I try to use the strategy of just accepting them, even when it doesn't make sense to me.
    I try to do the same.

I've never had a romantic relationship with a male INFJ. The idea makes me a bit nervous.

Edit: It makes me really nervous. I don't think this would make me happy.
    My desire for calm, mature discussions that lead to a constructive outcome are rarely met with the level of respect and cooperation I can respect.

It's not okay for people to distrust us or make accusations; especially, when they've never met ENTP's in real life.

Folks, please ask questions first, next time, instead of making accusations. Thank you!

Question Why

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Watching tv shows featuring ENTPs, I can see why the attraction would be there. In real life, I think it would be a bit tortured and exhausting. I don't think I know any real life examples of that type though.
    Quote Originally Posted by riva View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    No experience with ENTPs in real life... but I have a feeling that I might not get along well with an extravert. I can't match their energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    However, I think that there would be a lot of maneuvering and emotional push/pull that I would find exhausting, while still becoming more deeply attached all the time. I also find I like peoe that I can't figure out immediately, which seems to cover a lot of ENTP types. However, those people often have elaborate facades or coping mechanisms in place to avoid vulnerability and I would ultimately become irritated by the lack of real and honest communication. I would be attracted to the outspokenness, spontaneity, and originality, but ultimately would feel better with someone more reliable and stable. Good fora friend, bad for a romantic partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have a lot of ExxP e7 friends, but Im not sure I'd want to date one either. I think I'd get sick of feeling like I have to be the adult and they'd find me too much of a downer at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    The one ENTP that I do know is the superintendent in our district and I try to stay below his radar. Something about him makes me nervous. He's fun to talk to, very intelligent, but I feel like I can't trust him. I feel like he'd sell his mother if it gave him more political power and something about that rubs me the wrong way Maybe if I knew more ENTPs, I could be more fair in assessing them.
    Ouch. Does anyone have anything positive or constructive to add to this discussion?

[This is why I don't post my type. Forgive me, if I don't want to be pigeonholed as the ENTP asshole.]