• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

ENTP and INFJ Relationships

Jazaki

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
It doesn't help that emotions arnt our Forte, So when we ARE projecting our feelings, it;s not done on purpose, we dont quite understand them, so if we come off too harsh, snappy, mad, angry, excited, proud. It's not done on purpose, and we dont quite "feel" the same way eternally as we do projecting it externally. It's just that we dont understand our limits and overcompensate for it. The term "Go big or go home" I feel most ENTP's can relate to.

I get what you're saying... I think with me as well, because I don't actually feel strong and intense emotions I will basically subconsciously pick an emotion to display that seems appropriate. So if you see me having an angry rant in an argument, the chances are I am actually not angry at all. I am guessing because of this ENTPs will often appear more up tight about a lot of things than is actually the case.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Are you sure he isn't an entj? A superintendent position and a strong desire for political power fits the bill. ENTPs are highly unlikely to do do whatever it takes for power...In fact, ENTPs are highly unlikely anything at all to gain power.

It is possible. I'm just going by what he told me.

LonestarCowgirl

Hm... I'm alone pretty much 5 days of the week and then I come out swinging. My best friend is an INFJ and she would slowly die without people interaction - much faster than me. The difference between my extroversion and hers in relation to other people is that she will not approach somebody she doesn't know and I will without hesitation.

Otherwise among friends or if drawn into a conversation with new people she does just as much talking as I. And she's the one person I know who has as much self distance and she can always find a joke in any situation no matter how morbid.

Be the adult with an ENTP? Are you kidding me? I grew up being the only adult in my family from the age of 8. When my parents divorced after 38 years n November who do you think left a life in another country to come take care of the practical arrangements and people involved?

An ENTP is a take charge person if you ever met one - only we have no wish to have power over other people (ENTJ?!). We want freedom and independence and to learn - to be our best. You don't get much of that if you have to be responsible/in charge of incompetent subordinates etc. If we take charge it's because we are LOYAL to help the people we love or otherwise see that we HAVE to in order to save the day. You should be pretty happy to have us in your corner.

Overall I think people should stop assuming ENTPs are fickle assholes (especially the females) because no. It's not a fair assessment. Hurts my fucking undeveloped Fi. (My Ti just thought of that btw.)

And let me tell you that if there is one person in this world my friends trust with secrets or call when they're in the shit: It's me, Ne-ing away. Saved my INFJ on numerous occasions because when gets "stuck" I guide her towards a new approach. She does the same for me when I'm in full blown shadow INTJ-mode. She and my INTP friend (also girl) will be the only ones I want to see. And they will make me laugh just being more morbid than me.

All in all I'd say I'd say we are a good friendship match and considering how my friend acts in relationships, how she talks etc. I feel encouraged to try with a guy. However, I feel that there is one huge piece missing for me that make me feel like I can't really connect with her on "my" level. Probably the tertiary Ti. I guess we're all different but romantically I think I will do better with other INTs that keep me interested.

My comments came from a book about inter-type relationships, written by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger. I noted what spoke to me as an ENTP interacting with INFJ.

You may not fit into a box and that's okay. You're not alone.

(I have at least a couple of projects going at any one time and when I'm focused on those, which is often, I'm not emotionally supportive or social for the sake of it. So, no, I don't often show the INFJ proper respect or take them seriously or make them a priority when they want to talk.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What's weird is that you aren't the first IxFJ I've heard say this about ENTPs. You said it was a vibe but can you recall any specific things about the guy that could've contributed to it?

I'm getting the impression that ENTPs are really only seen in one of two lights: perpetual children and self-interested manipulators. This is kind of disappointing. Maybe it's time to visit Personality Page for a nice ego fluffing.

I'm not even sure I know an ENTP but..damn. Going by this thread alone, they're beyond easy to offend. I compare it to me telling someone those humane society commercials make me cry then getting mad when they didn't believe me.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I'm not even sure I know an ENTP but..damn. Going by this thread alone, they're beyond easy to offend. I compare it to me telling someone those humane society commercials make me cry then getting mad when they didn't believe me.

You're absolutely right. Our flightiness and irresponsibility are a cover for our very weak self esteems and self concepts. We joke because we hurt. It's the only way to bring a ray of joy into our miserable nihilistic lives. Also, I am a 9 so you must be especially delicate with my emotions okay?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You're absolutely right. Our flightiness and irresponsibility are a cover for our very weak self esteems and self concepts. We joke because we hurt. It's the only way to bring a ray of joy into our miserable nihilistic lives. Also, I am a 9 so you must be especially delicate with my emotions okay?

It wouldn't hurt for 9's to occasionally be told when they're acting like a little bitch.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It wouldn't hurt for 9's to occasionally be told when they're acting like a little bitch.

Uh oh. You appear to be taking the things I say more seriously than intended. That's dangerous. You probably shouldn't do that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Uh oh. You appear to be taking the things I say more seriously than intended. That's dangerous. You probably shouldn't do that.

No, I got your sarcasm. My reply may or may not be sarcastic, depending on the 9 and what they're doing (and if they're calling me a soulless megalomaniac or not).

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
No, I got your sarcasm. My reply may or may not be sarcastic, depending on the 9 and what they're doing (and if they're calling me a soulless megalomaniac or not).

Oh. That's good then.

Do you often get called a soulless megalomaniac? Because if it's only, say, once or twice a year then you're probably okay but if it's a weekly thing...

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh. That's good then.

Do you often get called a soulless megalomaniac? Because if it's only, say, once or twice a year then you're probably okay but if it's a weekly thing...

No of course not.

Maybe quarterly.

evilrubberduckie

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Thats because you are doing it wrong.

Example: Badoctopus, I fucking love your fat ass, it matches your inflated ego.

:D

They appreciate harsh truths thrown into a compliment. Because a normal, civilized compliment comes off too lazy, they deserve truth!
SO BAM, serve that truth to them steaming hot, sprinkle a little sarcasm, and you got yourself a INTJ partner in crime.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Thats because you are doing it wrong.

Example: Badoctopus, I fucking love your fat ass, it matches your inflated ego.

:D

They appreciate harsh truths thrown into a compliment. Because a normal, civilized compliment comes off too lazy, they deserve truth!
SO BAM, serve that truth to them steaming hot, sprinkle a little sarcasm, and you got yourself a INTJ partner in crime.

Oh? So that's the secret! I've been going with a ;);) corny approach but I always seem to fail my charisma checks with them.

Oh. I'm only now realizing the folly of using charisma-based skills on INTJs.

Well this is embarrassing.

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The problem with us ENTP is that we get bored easily if the relationship is not creative and original enough...

Well...only speaking for myself... sx subtype also makes me very hard-to-please.

:ranting:

pinkdevil

MBTI Type
ENTP
There is a long thread on this.

http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...fj-compatibility-infj-entp-dynamic-hands.html

I think it's a bad match as couples. As friends they'd be great I have a feeling.

Also quite a lot of INFJs are e4 and quite a lot of ENTPs are e7s. E4s and E7s sounds like a terrible match.

Uhm, basing from my experience. That's what I think about my INTJ best friend.
Good as friends but a nono to being a couple.

So yeah, INFJ balances the ENTP very well. An infj teaches an entp how to be more sensitive and knows all the things couple should be doing, for the ENTP, everything is strange but good. So the INFJ just doesn't bore the ENTP. :) But I know it's a hard work for most INFJs.

- - - Updated - - -

I fucking love INTJ's.

relationship with an INTJ? :)

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ENTP would be someone that counters my ideas constantly. Whatever it is that I am thinking the ENTP tells me in words a version of what I'm thinking. But I feel annoyed, because it's like they are lagging behind me and make so many connections about 1 word (I'm exaggerating it, but it's like a simple question, with a few words) that I said that I can't move forward because I'm the sap that sits there and listen to them babbling. I have to constantly trying to steer them in the right direction. When they are finally finished. I have to unfortunately have to inform them that they have been going on about something that I have no interest in, because my focus was on another issue. I'm already past what they have told me, meaning I'm already there and I need to move past that concept, idea. So I wonder when we get to that point I guess they feel their talk was pointless and futile and then get defensive (perhaps offensive?).

But I haven't spent enough time with one yet to see if we could ever move past that mental block, because both are tired of the analysis that was at the time considered fruitless. It would be interesting to see if there is something at the end of the rainbow.