User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post

It doesn't help that emotions arnt our Forte, So when we ARE projecting our feelings, it;s not done on purpose, we dont quite understand them, so if we come off too harsh, snappy, mad, angry, excited, proud. It's not done on purpose, and we dont quite "feel" the same way eternally as we do projecting it externally. It's just that we dont understand our limits and overcompensate for it. The term "Go big or go home" I feel most ENTP's can relate to.

I get what you're saying... I think with me as well, because I don't actually feel strong and intense emotions I will basically subconsciously pick an emotion to display that seems appropriate. So if you see me having an angry rant in an argument, the chances are I am actually not angry at all. I am guessing because of this ENTPs will often appear more up tight about a lot of things than is actually the case.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Jazaki View Post
    Are you sure he isn't an entj? A superintendent position and a strong desire for political power fits the bill. ENTPs are highly unlikely to do do whatever it takes for power...In fact, ENTPs are highly unlikely anything at all to gain power.
    It is possible. I'm just going by what he told me.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    my gut tells me not to trust him.
    It's the crazy eyes. Watch out for the CRAZY EYES.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrash View Post
    It's the crazy eyes. Watch out for the CRAZY EYES.
    No, he has little beady eyes. Reminds me of the chief of police on that show, Continuum.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes Forever, asynartetic liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Entpathic View Post
    Hm... I'm alone pretty much 5 days of the week and then I come out swinging. My best friend is an INFJ and she would slowly die without people interaction - much faster than me. The difference between my extroversion and hers in relation to other people is that she will not approach somebody she doesn't know and I will without hesitation.

Otherwise among friends or if drawn into a conversation with new people she does just as much talking as I. And she's the one person I know who has as much self distance and she can always find a joke in any situation no matter how morbid.

Be the adult with an ENTP? Are you kidding me? I grew up being the only adult in my family from the age of 8. When my parents divorced after 38 years n November who do you think left a life in another country to come take care of the practical arrangements and people involved?

An ENTP is a take charge person if you ever met one - only we have no wish to have power over other people (ENTJ?!). We want freedom and independence and to learn - to be our best. You don't get much of that if you have to be responsible/in charge of incompetent subordinates etc. If we take charge it's because we are LOYAL to help the people we love or otherwise see that we HAVE to in order to save the day. You should be pretty happy to have us in your corner.

Overall I think people should stop assuming ENTPs are fickle assholes (especially the females) because no. It's not a fair assessment. Hurts my fucking undeveloped Fi. (My Ti just thought of that btw.)

And let me tell you that if there is one person in this world my friends trust with secrets or call when they're in the shit: It's me, Ne-ing away. Saved my INFJ on numerous occasions because when gets "stuck" I guide her towards a new approach. She does the same for me when I'm in full blown shadow INTJ-mode. She and my INTP friend (also girl) will be the only ones I want to see. And they will make me laugh just being more morbid than me.

All in all I'd say I'd say we are a good friendship match and considering how my friend acts in relationships, how she talks etc. I feel encouraged to try with a guy. However, I feel that there is one huge piece missing for me that make me feel like I can't really connect with her on "my" level. Probably the tertiary Ti. I guess we're all different but romantically I think I will do better with other INTs that keep me interested.
    My comments came from a book about inter-type relationships, written by Paul D. Tieger and Barbara Barron-Tieger. I noted what spoke to me as an ENTP interacting with INFJ.

You may not fit into a box and that's okay. You're not alone.

(I have at least a couple of projects going at any one time and when I'm focused on those, which is often, I'm not emotionally supportive or social for the sake of it. So, no, I don't often show the INFJ proper respect or take them seriously or make them a priority when they want to talk.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    What's weird is that you aren't the first IxFJ I've heard say this about ENTPs. You said it was a vibe but can you recall any specific things about the guy that could've contributed to it?

I'm getting the impression that ENTPs are really only seen in one of two lights: perpetual children and self-interested manipulators. This is kind of disappointing. Maybe it's time to visit Personality Page for a nice ego fluffing.
    I'm not even sure I know an ENTP but..damn. Going by this thread alone, they're beyond easy to offend. I compare it to me telling someone those humane society commercials make me cry then getting mad when they didn't believe me.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    I'm not even sure I know an ENTP but..damn. Going by this thread alone, they're beyond easy to offend. I compare it to me telling someone those humane society commercials make me cry then getting mad when they didn't believe me.
    You're absolutely right. Our flightiness and irresponsibility are a cover for our very weak self esteems and self concepts. We joke because we hurt. It's the only way to bring a ray of joy into our miserable nihilistic lives. Also, I am a 9 so you must be especially delicate with my emotions okay?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

You're absolutely right. Our flightiness and irresponsibility are a cover for our very weak self esteems and self concepts. We joke because we hurt. It's the only way to bring a ray of joy into our miserable nihilistic lives. Also, I am a 9 so you must be especially delicate with my emotions okay?
    It wouldn't hurt for 9's to occasionally be told when they're acting like a little bitch.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It wouldn't hurt for 9's to occasionally be told when they're acting like a little bitch.
    Uh oh. You appear to be taking the things I say more seriously than intended. That's dangerous. You probably shouldn't do that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Uh oh. You appear to be taking the things I say more seriously than intended. That's dangerous. You probably shouldn't do that.
    No, I got your sarcasm. My reply may or may not be sarcastic, depending on the 9 and what they're doing (and if they're calling me a soulless megalomaniac or not).