User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 168

  1. #71
    Senior Member evilrubberduckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A None
    Posts
    796

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid in grids View Post
    This is interesting because in my experience, I've always found the male ENTPs I've dealt with to be the far more emotional ones (especially in argument). Of course feelings don't derive from logic, but we all have them. The ENTPs I've known have been especially good at twisting logic to justify their own emotional states or upset, and not very good at understanding their own emotional states and registering that they're upset. Basically emotion is the impetus and logic is the product. By and large, I've found ENTPs to be very volatile, emotional, and immature partners.
    The problem with ENTP's that most people miss, and also the reason that I feel we come off emotional and immature. Is because ENTP's (of course not ALL) dont filter thier thoughts because that's the "proper" thing to do in society. Remember, ENTP's don't do things for the status quo, rather they do things in order to challenge and maybe improve on it. ENTP's take that to the extremes and apply it to themselves also.

    It doesn't help that emotions arnt our Forte, So when we ARE projecting our feelings, it;s not done on purpose, we dont quite understand them, so if we come off too harsh, snappy, mad, angry, excited, proud. It's not done on purpose, and we dont quite "feel" the same way eternally as we do projecting it externally. It's just that we dont understand our limits and overcompensate for it. The term "Go big or go home" I feel most ENTP's can relate to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ingrid
    This is interesting because in my experience, I've always found the male ENTPs I've dealt with to be the far more emotional ones (especially in argument).
    Surprise Surprise. ENTP's are PASSIONATE when it comes to argue and debate. WHAT?! The horror! I TOTALLY didnt see that coming!

    ... That is LITERALLY what ENTP's do. I dont know why this is a complaint. Sadly, Passion leads to emotion.
    "Advance, and never halt, for advancing is perfection. Advance and do not fear the thorns in the path, for they draw only corrupt blood."
    -Kahlil Gibran


    What are you waiting for?
    Johari
    Nohari
    Likes Starry, EcK liked this post

  2. #72
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post
    The problem with ENTP's that most people miss, and also the reason that I feel we come off emotional and immature. Is because ENTP's (of course not ALL) dont filter thier thoughts because that's the "proper" thing to do in society. Remember, ENTP's don't do things for the status quo, rather they do things in order to challenge and maybe improve on it. ENTP's take that to the extremes and apply it to themselves also.

    It doesn't help that emotions arnt our Forte, So when we ARE projecting our feelings, it;s not done on purpose, we dont quite understand them, so if we come off too harsh, snappy, mad, angry, excited, proud. It's not done on purpose, and we dont quite "feel" the same way eternally as we do projecting it externally. It's just that we dont understand our limits and overcompensate for it. The term "Go big or go home" I feel most ENTP's can relate to.



    Surprise Surprise. ENTP's are PASSONATE when it comes to argue and debate. WHAT?! The horror! I TOTALLY didnt see that coming!

    ... That is LITERALLY what ENTP's do. I dont know why this is a complaint. Sadly Passion leads to emotion.
    The whole stereotype toss around is the bane of typology...
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  3. #73
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phobik View Post
    The whole stereotype toss around is the bane of typology...
    Life as the world's most irresponsible, commitment-phobic, yet devilishly charming robot genius lawyer can be rough at times.
    Likes evilrubberduckie, EcK liked this post

  4. #74
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evilrubberduckie View Post

    ... That is LITERALLY what ENTP's do. I dont know why this is a complaint. Sadly Passion leads to emotion.
    Those pesky emotions.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  5. #75
    Junior Member Entpathic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    No experience with ENTPs in real life... but I have a feeling that I might not get along well with an extravert. I can't match their energy.
    Hm... I'm alone pretty much 5 days of the week and then I come out swinging. My best friend is an INFJ and she would slowly die without people interaction - much faster than me. The difference between my extroversion and hers in relation to other people is that she will not approach somebody she doesn't know and I will without hesitation.

    Otherwise among friends or if drawn into a conversation with new people she does just as much talking as I. And she's the one person I know who has as much self distance and she can always find a joke in any situation no matter how morbid.

    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I have a lot of ExxP e7 friends, but Im not sure I'd want to date one either. I think I'd get sick of feeling like I have to be the adult and they'd find me too much of a downer at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    The one ENTP that I do know is the superintendent in our district and I try to stay below his radar. Something about him makes me nervous. He's fun to talk to, very intelligent, but I feel like I can't trust him. I feel like he'd sell his mother if it gave him more political power and something about that rubs me the wrong way Maybe if I knew more ENTPs, I could be more fair in assessing them.
    Be the adult with an ENTP? Are you kidding me? I grew up being the only adult in my family from the age of 8. When my parents divorced after 38 years n November who do you think left a life in another country to come take care of the practical arrangements and people involved?

    An ENTP is a take charge person if you ever met one - only we have no wish to have power over other people (ENTJ?!). We want freedom and independence and to learn - to be our best. You don't get much of that if you have to be responsible/in charge of incompetent subordinates etc. If we take charge it's because we are LOYAL to help the people we love or otherwise see that we HAVE to in order to save the day. You should be pretty happy to have us in your corner.

    Overall I think people should stop assuming ENTPs are fickle assholes (especially the females) because no. It's not a fair assessment. Hurts my fucking undeveloped Fi. (My Ti just thought of that btw.)

    And let me tell you that if there is one person in this world my friends trust with secrets or call when they're in the shit: It's me, Ne-ing away. Saved my INFJ on numerous occasions because when gets "stuck" I guide her towards a new approach. She does the same for me when I'm in full blown shadow INTJ-mode. She and my INTP friend (also girl) will be the only ones I want to see. And they will make me laugh just being more morbid than me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny-Love View Post
    ENTP's would be drawn to the imagination and integrity of INFJ's as long as that imagination stays positive and constructive.
    INFJ's might be dawn to the positive and enthusiastic outlook ENTP's have for the future. Also, INFJ's might be attracted to the easy-going, playful and adventurous side of ENTP's.
    Eh? No.

    ENTP's are more disorganized than INFJ's
    ENTP's are not as punctual as INFJ's
    Haha. Haahahahaha. No.

    ENTP's listen to INFJ's with your full attention.
    Are you serious? Have you ever met an ENTP who didn't give you their full attention while choosing to listen to you? There is nobody genuinely more interested than us. Motives might vary though.

    ENTP's no clowning around when it's time to be serious; be genuine, sincere and respectful to INFJ's.
    If I didn't make inappropriate jokes in hard times to get us through my INFJ would feel icky. Vice versa. And we dealth with two very difficult and close suicides during 2014. She's doesn't exactly puke her FE out if that's the general conception here. THANK GOD. We are both direct people in some ways but when it comes to TALKING about emotions we find it just as difficult and often wrap it up in humor. It's like laughing when you're scared.
    All in all I'd say I'd say we are a good friendship match and considering how my friend acts in relationships, how she talks etc. I feel encouraged to try with a guy. However, I feel that there is one huge piece missing for me that make me feel like I can't really connect with her on "my" level. Probably the tertiary Ti. I guess we're all different but romantically I think I will do better with other INTs that keep me interested.
    Likes Starry, Florence Atley liked this post

  6. #76
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Entpathic View Post
    Hm... I'm alone pretty much 5 days of the week and then I come out swinging. My best friend is an INFJ and she would slowly die without people interaction - much faster than me. The difference between my extroversion and hers in relation to other people is that she will not approach somebody she doesn't know and I will without hesitation.

    Otherwise among friends or if drawn into a conversation with new people she does just as much talking as I. And she's the one person I know who has as much self distance and she can always find a joke in any situation no matter how morbid.





    Be the adult with an ENTP? Are you kidding me? I grew up being the only adult in my family from the age of 8. When my parents divorced after 38 years n November who do you think left a life in another country to come take care of the practical arrangements and people involved?

    An ENTP is a take charge person if you ever met one - only we have no wish to have power over other people (ENTJ?!). We want freedom and independence and to learn - to be our best. You don't get much of that if you have to be responsible/in charge of incompetent subordinates etc. If we take charge it's because we are LOYAL to help the people we love or otherwise see that we HAVE to in order to save the day. You should be pretty happy to have us in your corner.

    Overall I think people should stop assuming ENTPs are fickle assholes (especially the females) because no. It's not a fair assessment. Hurts my fucking undeveloped Fi. (My Ti just thought of that btw.)

    And let me tell you that if there is one person in this world my friends trust with secrets or call when they're in the shit: It's me, Ne-ing away. Saved my INFJ on numerous occasions because when gets "stuck" I guide her towards a new approach. She does the same for me when I'm in full blown shadow INTJ-mode. She and my INTP friend (also girl) will be the only ones I want to see. And they will make me laugh just being more morbid than me.
    I meant nothing personal by it. And I hope your Fi recovers.

    I just meant that I only really know ONE test-identified ENTP and that while he is extremely intelligent and likable, my gut tells me not to trust him. It may be something besides his type that causes me to feel that way about him. Unless I have a few more ENTPs to compare him to, I won't know. That's why I said that maybe if I knew more ENTPs I could be more fair in assessing them. I simply don't have a wide enough real life sampling to make a fair evaluation on this type.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  7. #77
    corona Hawthorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sp
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    I meant nothing personal by it. And I hope your Fi recovers.

    I just meant that I only really know ONE test-identified ENTP and that while he is extremely intelligent and likable, my gut tells me not to trust him. It may be something besides his type that causes me to feel that way about him. Unless I have a few more ENTPs to compare him to, I won't know. That's why I said that maybe if I knew more ENTPs I could be more fair in assessing them. I simply don't have a wide enough real life sampling to make a fair evaluation on this type.
    What's weird is that you aren't the first IxFJ I've heard say this about ENTPs. You said it was a vibe but can you recall any specific things about the guy that could've contributed to it?

    I'm getting the impression that ENTPs are really only seen in one of two lights: perpetual children and self-interested manipulators. This is kind of disappointing. Maybe it's time to visit Personality Page for a nice ego fluffing.
    Likes Entpathic liked this post

  8. #78
    Senior Member Ene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    3,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinclair View Post
    What's weird is that you aren't the first IxFJ I've heard say this about ENTPs. You said it was a vibe but can you recall any specific things about the guy that could've contributed to it?

    I'm getting the impression that ENTPs are really only seen in one of two lights: perpetual children and self-interested manipulators. This is kind of disappointing. Maybe it's time to visit Personality Page for a nice ego fluffing.
    @Sinclair & @Entpathic This guy holds a position of leadership in the community. He has the ability to rise quickly to the top of whatever profession he is in, but he seems to get bored with things and is always initiating some new project, regardless of the consequences in the lives of those who work with him or under him. Therefore, he comes across as manipulative and insincere. He also comes across as arrogant and self-important. It's the way he speaks, the way he carries himself, his mannerisms and the tone in his voice. It's the way he seems to measure the value of something or someone based on "himself" and "his assessment." Maybe his Fi is out of whack? It's also some of his actions, things he has done that have hurt people, yet he didn't seem to notice or even care once it was brought to his attention. His primary focus is on himself, his agenda, his newest projects. Hmmm...maybe his Ne just totally dominates his personality and every thing he does is just to satisfy it? I don't know. That's a guess.
    He also has a tendency to become really, I don't know the word--annoyed, maybe?--by little things that don't suit him or fall into his idea of how things should go. I mean he may get all bent out of shape over the color of a garbage dumpster or something like that.

    In all fairness, and I do want to be fair, there is another person that I thought might be an ENTP. I hoped he was. I still think he might be, but folks on here seemed to think he's an ESFP or an ESTP. I really hope he turns out to be ENTP. He is dear to me and if he's ENTP, at least I'll have one example of the type that I can say, "Oh, yeah, we get along really great together."
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14

  9. #79
    FRACTALICIOUS phobik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,368

    Default

    @OP it's the biggest intuitive typology myth(trap).
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

    Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

  10. #80
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ene View Post
    The one ENTP that I do know is the superintendent in our district and I try to stay below his radar. Something about him makes me nervous. He's fun to talk to, very intelligent, but I feel like I can't trust him. I feel like he'd sell his mother if it gave him more political power and something about that rubs me the wrong way Maybe if I knew more ENTPs, I could be more fair in assessing them.
    Are you sure he isn't an entj? A superintendent position and a strong desire for political power fits the bill. ENTPs are highly unlikely to do do whatever it takes for power...In fact, ENTPs are highly unlikely anything at all to gain power.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ENFJ and INFJ Relationships - How to Love Them
    By copperfish17 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 03:31 AM
  2. [MBTItm] ENTJ and INFJ Relationships
    By chegra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENTP and ENFJ relationship tips appreciated
    By Sparrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO