User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

I know of a couple relationships where I think the man might be ENTP and the woman INFJ, but it could also be ENFP with INFJ or ENTP with INTJ or something. Anyway the one person is super lovely and grounded and quietly academic and the other one is kinda weird and cleverly charming and intense. In both instances, they seem to balance each other out very well. I have noticed some friction, esp in terms of commitments and cleanliness, but it seems like both of those couples have excellent communication dynamics, so they are able to make it work.

But I could also have the types totally wrong too. I know one of the people could potentially be ESTP or ESFP even.

Good thing I am so useful at this
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.
    Likes Starry, LonestarCowgirl liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

Likes Holy, Trash Panda liked this post

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    Thanks. I think unbalanced people of any type are difficult. It sounds like the person you're referring to might be unbalanced, but it could also be a symptom of being in an authoritative position--something which not only affects him directly, but also his perceptions of those he supervises as well as the perceptions of the ones who are underneath him on the organization chart.
    You are likely right! I think authoritative positions do that to people sometimes.

I actually was thinking about this thread on my way to work this morning. [how sad is that? haha.] Anyway, I thought about some of the things that various people have said and I thought, "Yeah, I can see where I might hit it off with an ENTP who wasn't in an authoritative position like boss of the whole school district where I worked as a lowly teacher." I thought how it might be nice not to always be able to predict what a person was going to do or say and that a little adventure would be nice sometimes, because I am very outdoorsy and athletic and I like adventure, especially with someone who could still speak the intuitive language to a degree. And I have been in a relationship with an ISTJ for some time now, so maybe that has colored my view of things. So, @Skinny-Love in all fairness, if I ever find myself "alone" and an ENTP wanders into my field of existence, I promise to give him a fair chance, so long as he's not the boss at my job.
    A student said to his master: "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?" The master replied: "It is better to be a warrior in a garden than to be a gardener in a war." - unknown/Chinese

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...=61024&page=14
    Likes LonestarCowgirl, JAVO liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    I know of a couple relationships where I think the man might be ENTP and the woman INFJ, but it could also be ENFP with INFJ or ENTP with INTJ or something. Anyway the one person is super lovely and grounded and quietly academic and the other one is kinda weird and cleverly charming and intense. In both instances, they seem to balance each other out very well. I have noticed some friction, esp in terms of commitments and cleanliness, but it seems like both of those couples have excellent communication dynamics, so they are able to make it work.

But I could also have the types totally wrong too. I know one of the people could potentially be ESTP or ESFP even.

Good thing I am so useful at this
    I should also note that they have similar values and goals in life and are very committed to one another. So that I am sure also helps
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

I have a friendship with an entp (we met through mutual friends.) Shes pretty cool-I love her story telling and how she's into talking about ideas. Shes also pretty confident and direct which I love as well.
    As for the whole thing where entps debate everything (which ppl seem to think they do) I haven't had so much experience with that. Maybe its because when I debate I try to make it seem like I'm agreeing with a lot of what the other person says. However when it comes to debating in my family I am absolutely awful and will debate anything. (Apparently I'm looking for arguments.) Idk how that would pan out in a relationship with an entp. ( me and my entj fight and debate all the time-but it only becomes a problem when he starts insulting me and my worth as a person lol.)

Anyways I think infjs and entp could benefit eachother by having abstract conversations. I think entps give off a thinking vibe while infjs give off a feeling vibe. And an infjs worries may be quelled by entps more relaxed what ever goes demeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by julesyx0 View Post
    I have a friendship with an entp (we met through mutual friends.) Shes pretty cool-I love her story telling and how she's into talking about ideas. Shes also pretty confident and direct which I love as well.
    As for the whole thing where entps debate everything (which ppl seem to think they do) I haven't had so much experience with that. Maybe its because when I debate I try to make it seem like I'm agreeing with a lot of what the other person says. However when it comes to debating in my family I am absolutely awful and will debate anything. (Apparently I'm looking for arguments.) Idk how that would pan out in a relationship with an entp. ( me and my entj fight and debate all the time-but it only becomes a problem when he starts insulting me and my worth as a person lol.)

Anyways I think infjs and entp could benefit eachother by having abstract conversations. I think entps give off a thinking vibe while infjs give off a feeling vibe. And an infjs worries may be quelled by entps more relaxed what ever goes demeanor.
    You shared some interesting insight into ENTP-INFJ relations, which I appreciate. One thing that doesn't fit and I want to clarify is the comment you made about your ENTJ friend that I don't think is type related at all.

I'm going to tell you what I would tell my sister or best friend. When someone is disrespecting you and trying to make you feel worthless, they're emotionally immature and insecure; it's a serious thing that is likely only going to get worse and that's nothing to LOL about. An emotionally immature person will lash out frequently and at the smallest things: "You are stupid, you are worthless, you're a hoe..." They only hear what they want to hear.

A word of advice, don't be sucked in by their negativity and promises to change. When someone doesn't consistently treat you respectfully when you're trying to be mature about things, take the high road and walk away. You will never win with them, as their hearts and minds are closed to you.

A mature person may never agree with you, but they'll show clear signs of reigning back their anger and exhibit professionalism in the conversation and situation.
    Likes JAVO liked this post

Thanks so much and yeah np. It would be nice to meet more entps! Lol.

the entj I was talking about was my brother, so it's sort of hard to get away from. He mostly gets unhealthy like that with a lack of sleep. But yeah I get its not healthy behavior and I've talked to my parents about it. for some reason both of my brothers will say things like slut and whore albeit jokingly. . The thing that really bothers me is when he tries to control me. ( ie physically take my hand out a bag of cheese he was using etc.) Trying to control people, belittle them, and tell them they are not normal and that something is seriously wrong with them is not okay!

Quote Originally Posted by julesyx0 View Post
    Thanks so much and yeah np. It would be nice to meet more entps! Lol.

the entj I was talking about was my brother, so it's sort of hard to get away from. He mostly gets unhealthy like that with a lack of sleep. But yeah I get its not healthy behavior and I've talked to my parents about it. for some reason both of my brothers will say things like slut and whore albeit jokingly. . The thing that really bothers me is when he tries to control me. ( ie physically take my hand out a bag of cheese he was using etc.) Trying to control people, belittle them, and tell them they are not normal and that something is seriously wrong with them is not okay!
    That's hell. I sympathize with what you're going through. I've found, the best way out of abuse like that is to calmly state what you want, how you feel, and leave. Leave their space. Leave their presence.

Don't fight back. Don't name call; they already know what they are.

The only person you can control and change is you.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I can't look at this thread without thinking of Shai Gar... *shudder*
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Quote Originally Posted by Z Buck McFate View Post
    I do think it's important for INFJs to cultivate the ability to know what they're attaching to incoming information- to parse out what we're actually seeing from the assumptions we make about what it means. At the same though, my experience of ENPs is that they almost never believe the fastest we can express issues is the fastest we can express issues. It seems like an unfortunate default in ENPs (and even some INPs) to start dispatching insults and accusations (to nudge INFJs into expressing things faster when dialogue isn't happening fast enough- instead of believing that it truly is a challenge for INFJs to know how to express what they sense is 'off'), just like it's an unfortunate default in INFJs to withdraw and try to sort it out privately when something seems 'off'. I mean, I get the impression that Ne doms (and some aux) really just don't believe how difficult it is- and react with anger, which only ultimately makes it infinitely more difficult.

I appreciate your post Z Buck. What if, however, I were to take the paragraph you wrote above... leaving everything as is...the same sentiment...the same message...every period and space accounted for... But I removed Ne and Ni...and replaced them with Fe and Fi. And then I posted it in a thread OrangeAppled had been active in? What then?

This is just an extroverted function trying its darnedest to do precisely what it was designed to do for survival/the greatest good. I mean, I sometimes feel put-out at the company picnic when Fe kindly glosses over my request to end with a hugging circle <-because god damn it! I really need a hugging circle and a short half-hour of love poetry reading and going around the circle with each of us putting *snaps* in the warm fuzzies jar but...

I am not asking for you to answer this but will ask all the same...

If for approximately 99% of the population...withdrawal and cessation of communication means something negative... how are we supposed to know and subsequently trust that this 1 time for this 1 person it doesn't?

What bad thing would happen if an INFJ communicated this: "I need time to think"...?