User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Results 131 to 140 of 168

  1. #131
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Why aren't you sleeping? Your time zone is suppose to be close to mine. Get into bed you scallywag.



    This whole argument thing between Ne vs Ni, reminds me of what Beebe's version of the theory is: INFJ Archetypes

    But then I have to wonder why would one party say, "natural partner", vs the other party saying "natural enemies". Perhaps there is truth in the saying you, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer?
    Perhaps the "i can save him syndrome"
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes chubber liked this post

  2. #132
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cellmold View Post
    With regards to second spoiler: You mean those people who build one deficiency into an inalienable proof that your argument failed? Most human beings in fact? (Well I've done it so it must be that everyone else has /delusion)

    It's well documented (meaning my heuristically observed opinion without any other evidence or studying) that it becomes about reputation and image vs integrity of conduct and content of argument. And I think a lot of arguments are 'won' by appeal to the first two rather than the second two. Except where patience, structure in debate and...yknow online is concerned. Because there's time to read and understand, not that many make that effort and maybe some are incapable.

    But verbal arguments particularly tend to play off the subjective interpretation too much. If one side mishears the other and will not be convinced otherwise then the entire argument switches to a misheard stance of understanding and so is mutilated from the beginning.
    Ok so I was answering that, then I kind of phased out. I mean something came up. And now the text is forever lost.
    While I and everyone else is faillible. Because if we weren't... where would be the fun in that?! We're explorers, if we knew everything there'd be nothing to explore. (well frankly we're 90% couch pandas, 10% explorer).

    It is a common stratagem to discard a whole line of reasoning due to one non essential mistake. I can respect that when I and the person doing it are fully aware of it, then it's a game.
    But it's a whole other truckload/species of boring when it's due to logic-fail. I'm perfectly fine with people not having perhaps, the capacity / innate talent/however you want to call it to process data, I actually have much more respect for someone of average capacity thriving to understand something than pseudo intellectuals parroting something they don't themselves really understand (80% of the stuff I hear). If you can't create the logic on your own based on a small sample/partial synopsis of the data YOU DONT GET IT/It's over your head.

    I for one am lucky I guess in that I can pretty much grasp anything near instantly. Though there are of course far brighter minds than I. I wish there were more per capita so I could learn more stuff from fellow humans. Though there's plenty of smart people on this forum for example. (not at all representative of general population, the 3/100 is common here, and there's quite a few 1 in 10,000 types.)

    That's why I and I suspect quite a few others stick around on Typc.

    Going back to mbti, I've often enjoyed conversations with INFJs as they often present similar data in wholy new, softer, perspectives. Often reaching similar conclusions and more importantly learning from each other. That's something I value immensely. So it's nice to be able to sit down and have a chat sometimes. Though having the same conversation while doing a barathon is multiple times more entertaining.

    Now, we both know that we're a bunch of smart apes. That comes with lots of bagage. People lLaughing at what you say is status signaling, telling everyone around that you are high value and so are your opinions.. helps win arguments, attractiveness to win arguments, confidence wins arguments, tone of voice and not ending sentences on a higher pitch note wins arguments, how tall you are wins arguments, being a very attractive female will help you win arguments against men, etc. While all these things have, of course, nothing to do with the topic at hand.

    Keep in mind that a debate is a sort of 'game'. If applied to most real life situations the traits needed to 'convince' in an argument are leadership traits in one way or another. These traits were never meant to win arguments, they were meant to create tribal leaders federating humans, increasing cooperation for added value for the whole group. (even if you're a shitty leader, if you can convince smart apes to work together that means increase survival rates on av. compared to people running amoc)
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

  3. #133
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 21% View Post
    No experience with ENTPs in real life... but I have a feeling that I might not get along well with an extravert. I can't match their energy.
    the sex is pretty great though.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  4. #134
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    the sex is pretty great though.

    What time is it in France?

  5. #135
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    What time is it in France?
    https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid...%20in%20france





    also, I'm going to hazard a:
    Is it sexy / naked sleepover time?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  6. #136
    Dope& diamonds. Dyslexxie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    I didn't realize so many of y'all got behind this combination.

    I like INFJs and I don't really judge people on personalities (I'm a) oblivious b) don't care c) personality isn't an end all be all), but here's what I can see as a challenge with almost any introverted type and ENTPs: we talk a lot, often without thinking (or while thinking? That sounds better, right?), and we're definitely prone to verbal diarrhea which can become overwhelming to introverted types, and can scare them to some degree. I had an ISFP best friend growing up and while we were inseparable, she did say she often felt overshadowed and intimidated by me and my whole 'don't care how stupid I sound, here's who I am' thing - it comes off as confidence (even if it isn't always), but most people aren't quite that comfortable in their own skin to just lay it all out on the table. I've found that to be a thing with a lot of other personalities, because we do have a pretty overwhelming one overall, and if you're not used to it, it's to get lost in it.

    Similarly, the issue I've had with introverts (and INFJs especially) is the lack of response. I'm impatient and I always lay everything on the table (you'll know me instantly - I have no secrets/hidden side to me - it's all out there if you want it), while introverts seem to go through this processing phase where they have to analyze you, take it in and decide, become comfortable and ultimately you have to discover them and dig through their layers, and depending how introverted they are, it can be a very frustrating task. I love introverts as friends but I can only handle them so much. After a while it becomes tiring dealing with the reservation. Generally I think the more introverted the person, the harder it is for me to want to pursue it to a deeper level.

  7. #137
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    What do you think about relationships between ENTPs and INFJs? The focus of this is really on romantic relationships but it also makes sense to discuss your experience in situations where these two types interact in a significant way – such as friendship, at work, etc.

    When it’s working – What are the joys and positive aspects of these relationships?
    - How compatible do you think these two types are in general?
    - Why are they attracted to each other?
    - How to they compliment each other?
    - How well do they understand each other and why?
    - What are they like together raising children?

    When it’s not working – What are the challenges when two people of this type are in a relationship?
    - What are some of the communication challenges they can have?
    - What are the biggest frustrations between these two types?
    - How can they take each other for granted?
    - What happens with things “go wrong” between these two types?

    Advice for couples – What recommendations do you have?
    - What things should each type do to facilitate better communication?
    - What advice do you have for each of the two types?
    - If you are an ENTP, what advice do you have for the INFJs?
    - If you are an INFJ, what advice would you have for the ENTPs?
    Are you breeding an ENTP/INFJ master race?

    Did an ex-nazi eugenicist reveal to you that they make INTJ babies and its all part of your 80-year world domination plan?
    And what role does the forum play in that nefarious plan?

    All questions left unanswered. Suspiciously so.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE
    Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

  8. #138
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    https://www.google.fr/webhp?sourceid...%20in%20france





    also, I'm going to hazard a:
    Is it sexy / naked sleepover time?


    That was a very difficult read for me Eck prior to getting fully coffeed-up here in my time zone.
    (okay I'm totally laughing)

  9. #139
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    That was a very difficult read for me Eck prior to getting fully coffeed-up here in my time zone.
    (okay I'm totally laughing)
    I understand this video was a very difficult read.
    You might want to update your neural codices
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  10. #140
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,620

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I understand this video was a very difficult read.
    You might want to update your neural codices


    Interpersonal Relationship Check-In and Feedback point:


    I wanted to share with you Eck that my delay in responding was not due to me sitting here in front of my computer for a really long-ass time trying to figure-out what you were attempting to express. No.

    Nothing about your message was confusing to me in any way.

Similar Threads

  1. [ENFJ] ENFJ and INFJ Relationships - How to Love Them
    By copperfish17 in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 10-27-2015, 03:31 AM
  2. [MBTItm] ENTJ and INFJ Relationships
    By chegra in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
  3. [MBTItm] ENTP and ENFJ relationship tips appreciated
    By Sparrow in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO