failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    scatch that btw. Upon quick googling, it appears men of reproductive age (straight men) are negatively cognitively impaired by female observers. Though I didn't see a test specific to IQ tests. Not sure. a bit tired atm.
    How does one get you to apologise?
    Likes EcK liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    How does one get you to apologise?
    Apologize first. Then we can start talking terms.

More seriously:
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

More seriously:
    I don't know, maybe she wasn't an Ne-dom? Because even after I reeled in the other consultants and confirmed and proved that I was factually correct. I didn't get anything. I even asked.

Never give up, Never surrender?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I don't know, maybe she wasn't an Ne-dom? Because even after I reeled in the other consultants and confirmed and proved that I was factually correct. I didn't get anything. I even asked.

Never give up, Never surrender?
    Depends. What was the argument? INTJs can be pretty stubborn about acknowledging alternative rationals too. (not saying entps are perfect - though it's true)

Personally I midly enjoy eating average entp for breakfast. Because there's nothing more amusing/boring to me than intellectually less capable live-to-debate-and-poke-holes-in-argument-people when you can eat their argument alive without a second thought.

But entps tend to use hum.. theater. So it only really works in public where you can shame them. If you don't know debate-theater they'll manage to wriggle out with a smile.

Keep in mind these are demons people who think there's nothing more amusing than spending half of their days shooting puns at people and arguing absolute horshit for their own sick amusement.

We're horrible people basically. Our only redeeming quality is that we're generally too messy to cause too much damage.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

Likes Cloudpatrol liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

scatch that btw. Upon quick googling, it appears men (straight men) are negatively cognitively impaired by female observers. Though I didn't see a test specific to IQ tests. Not sure. a bit tired atm.

here's one link: Hot Women Make Men Dumb andblessDumber - | - Science of Relationships (i'm sure there's a link to the study there, I hate these 'pop' articles, they're so vague)

ah that's better:
    The mere anticipation of an interaction with a woman can impair men's cognitive performance. - PubMed - NCBI

Interestingly, women tend to do slightly better with a 'male' oversight while men go full retard.

It kind of make me think that the whole 'boys and girls should study separately at school' it not such a bad idea.
    So what are you saying, that she went "slightly" retarded because she found me attractive?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

So what are you saying, that she went "slightly" retarded because she found me attractive?
    Nah quite the contrary, statistically speaking she would have been slightly better at reading the correct word despite contradicting font color in your presence.
    While your performance would have dropped by an easy 10%

personally I think only showing a 10% drop on this test while imagining someone naked and 10 ways to look cooler and say hi is pretty respectable.

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Nah quite the contrary, statistically speaking she would have been slightly better at reading the correct word despite contradicting font color in your presence.
    While your performance would have dropped by an easy 10%

personally I think only showing a 10% drop on this test while imagining someone naked and 10 ways to look cooler and say hi is pretty respectable.
    What are you talking about, it's to correctly identify the colour. Not reading the word that is difficult.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

What are you talking about, it's to correctly identify the colour. Not reading the word that is difficult.
    Yeah sorry. tired as I said. Haven't slept.
    (see, was wrong about important point- apologized)

Cognitive tests: Color Reading Interference (Stroop) if you feel liek wasting time, after a while you can just click on 'results' as it will just go on forever otherwise (it's evil - did like 150 before I gave up)

accuracy: 98 something % (actually keyboard mistakes rather than identifying the wrong color *swears* )
    time (normal) 1st try 763.06 ms second try: 726.10 ms
    time (interference) 1st try 995.32 ms second try: 951.97 ms ms

It'd be interesting to try again when I've slept. just to see the effect of sleep deprivation...

Issue is I would then be a bit 'trained' so would naturally score better. Gah.

I'd assume that after say, half an hour training I could go down to like, 600 and 800. These kinds of test are interesting.
    Given human reflexes + processing time though there has to be some hard limit. I'd assume getting used to the 'keys' and shutting that annoying inner voice could get it down a good 30%. not sure if it's possible to go lower than 0.5s though. As muscles need to move etc.

IQ would be an advantage though due to higher myelination in frontal cortex ... I guess.

But there's always going to be someome who 'trains themselves' to be some kind of machine at these tests by cutting off all conscious thought and uncessary processes and just become this crazy 'color identifying' sentient type writer.

... In theory.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

More seriously:
    With regards to second spoiler: You mean those people who build one deficiency into an inalienable proof that your argument failed? Most human beings in fact? (Well I've done it so it must be that everyone else has /delusion)

It's well documented (meaning my heuristically observed opinion without any other evidence or studying) that it becomes about reputation and image vs integrity of conduct and content of argument. And I think a lot of arguments are 'won' by appeal to the first two rather than the second two. Except where patience, structure in debate and...yknow online is concerned. Because there's time to read and understand, not that many make that effort and maybe some are incapable.

But verbal arguments particularly tend to play off the subjective interpretation too much. If one side mishears the other and will not be convinced otherwise then the entire argument switches to a misheard stance of understanding and so is mutilated from the beginning.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yeah sorry. tired as I said. Haven't slept.
    (see, was wrong about important point- apologized)

Cognitive tests: Color Reading Interference (Stroop) if you feel liek wasting time, after a while you can just click on 'results' as it will just go on forever otherwise (it's evil - did like 150 before I gave up)

accuracy: 98 something % (actually keyboard mistakes rather than identifying the wrong color *swears* )
    time (normal) 1st try 763.06 ms second try: 726.10 ms
    time (interference) 1st try 995.32 ms second try: 951.97 ms ms

It'd be interesting to try again when I've slept. just to see the effect of sleep deprivation...
    Why aren't you sleeping? Your time zone is suppose to be close to mine. Get into bed you scallywag.

Issue is I would then be a bit 'trained' so would naturally score better. Gah.

I'd assume that after say, half an hour training I could go down to like, 600 and 800. These kinds of test are interesting.
    Given human reflexes + processing time though there has to be some hard limit. I'd assume getting used to the 'keys' and shutting that annoying inner voice could get it down a good 30%. not sure if it's possible to go lower than 0.5s though. As muscles need to move etc.

IQ would be an advantage though due to higher myelination in frontal cortex ... I guess.

But there's always going to be someome who 'trains themselves' to be some kind of machine at these tests by cutting off all conscious thought and uncessary processes and just become this crazy 'color identifying' sentient type writer.
    This whole argument thing between Ne vs Ni, reminds me of what Beebe's version of the theory is: INFJ Archetypes

But then I have to wonder why would one party say, "natural partner", vs the other party saying "natural enemies". Perhaps there is truth in the saying you, keep your friends close, but your enemies closer?