User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    That's because Ni is about 'big units'. A big complex atomic idea that can't be expressed properly with few words. The challenge is to define thousands of words in 10.

An ENTP considers that 'one idea' is a combination of lots of small ideas that live and shift and have many possible equivalents. The challenge is to rule out as many 'possible view points' as possible as to arrive at some kind of coherent argument.
    Good to know. Well that's where both of our judging functions come into play to help out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Forever View Post
    Good to know. Well that's where both of our judging functions come into play to help out.
    Feel free to correct me/add to it while I'm checking your profile picture's cleavage out.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

Feel free to correct me/add to it while I'm checking your profile picture's cleavage out.
    With time haha. Much time.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Nashville stands for any opinion. INFJ worked out the idea and want to communicate it.
    ENTP hasn't and wants to 'form the idea'

INFJ: So we are in Nashville now and the thing about Nashville...
    ENTP: wait. Why are we in Nashville. How did we get there?
    INFJ: you're missing the point: the thing about Nashville... (getting frustrated)
    ENTP: (asking for information to allow him/her to understand how you reached Nashville) Ok, let's backtrack here, which road did you take?
    INFJ: oh it was a highway, the T2.
    ENTP: the t2 doesn't lead to nashville (implied: so how could you reach Nashville then. Are you sure you are in Nashville?)
    INFJ: BUT I AM IN NASHVILLE. IT DOESN'T MATTER
    ENTP: Ok if you are in Nashville then which road did you take? (ie: I don't get how you reached that idea with what seems like a wrong premise)
    INFJ: *strangles entp*
    ENTP: Why can't you just answer so we can start off this conversation from an equal standpoint?
    INFJ: Why can't you let me start the conversation and obsess about details
    Omg, I had a conversation like this yesterday with some... "person" who I wanted to strangle, who happened to be behind the counter. It was the most difficult buy I had to ever do in my life. I guess I could have asked for another sales consultant, but the sheer difficulty intrigued me to continue because I wanted to prove that I was right and that she was talking out of her ass. Eventually I got a smile out of her after I was starting to laugh, out of disbelieve at the difficulty trying to buy something. And I had to spoon feed her, when she was obsessing over details, and then continue to assume what I wanted based on what other people asked in the past.

I never thought I would stand there for an hour arguing with some stranger over the counter, when I am the customer and she is making it as difficult as possible to buy something.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Omg, I had a conversation like this yesterday with some... "person" who I wanted to strangle, who happened to be behind the counter. It was the most difficult buy I had to ever do in my life. I guess I could have asked for another sales consultant, but the sheer difficulty intrigued me to continue because I wanted to prove that I was right and that she was talking out of her ass. Eventually I got a smile out of her after I was starting to laugh, out of disbelieve at the difficulty trying to buy something. And I had to spoon feed her, when she was obsessing over details, and then continue to assume what I wanted based on what other people asked in the past.

I never thought I would stand there for an hour arguing with some stranger over the counter, when I am the customer and she is making it as difficult as possible to buy something.

Yeah. In this context ( the thread) and based on the scarse info available (your post) keep in mind an ENTP is like, one of if not the least likely type to try and convince anyone based on 'the past'. We convince out of sheer sexiness and science.

Did you go on arguing because you found her somewhat attractive?

btw: in a 'twisted' way spending more energy into purchasing something might make someone want it MORE. People are funny like that.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Yeah. In this context ( the thread) keep in mind an ENTP is like, one of if not the least likely type to try and convince anyone based on 'the past'.

Did you go on arguing because you found her somewhat attractive?
    If I were to be honest, I'm not sure I would have argued with anyone I found attractive. (because I'm a hopeless sap like that) I would usually just give up and walk away. What intrigued about her was the sheer fact that I'm standing there being challenged, as a customer. And I wanted to prove that I was right and she needs to apologise. Never got that damn apology anyway.

Did I find her attractive, as I was arguing with her, yes, I'll admit, she started to become attractive to me. Weirdest thing ever.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

If I were to be honest, I'm not sure I would have argued with anyone I found attractive. (because I'm a hopeless sap like that) I would usually just give up and walk away. What intrigued about her was the sheer fact that I'm standing there being challenged, as a customer. And I wanted to prove that I was right and she needs to apologise. Never got that damn apology anyway.

Did I find her attractive, as I was arguing with her, yes, I'll admit, she started to become attractive to me. Weirdest thing ever.
    btw: in a 'twisted' way spending more energy into purchasing something might make someone want it MORE. People are funny like that.

But hey, that's what sex dungeons are for. So vent away.

There were studied about that, a while back.. (not the sex dungeons) men seem to lose IQ points when facing someone they find attractive while the opposite is not or at least not as true - so its easier to argue with people we are not especially attracted to. I think that must have some interesting effects on global IQ testing. (but no the sheer randomness would negative the effects I guess, still, funny to think about)

I got tested at 12 or so by a lady of 50+ so I wouldn't really know I guess..

... In theory.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    My mom seems particularly attracted to them; they've always blow up in her face.
    I'm sorry for even saying that.

With all due respect.

That.. came out.. wrong..

... In theory.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

But hey, that's what sex dungeons are for. So vent away.

There were studied about that, a while back.. (not the sex dungeons) men seem to lose IQ points when facing someone they find attractive while the opposite is not or at least not as true - so its easier to argue with people we are not especially attracted to. At the same time presence of members of the opposite sex of reproductive age boosts performance. I think that must have some interesting effects on global IQ testing. (but no the sheer randomness would negative the effects I guess, still, funny to think about)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

scatch that btw. Upon quick googling, it appears men (straight men) are negatively cognitively impaired by female observers. Though I didn't see a test specific to IQ tests. Not sure. a bit tired atm.

here's one link: Hot Women Make Men Dumb andblessDumber - | - Science of Relationships (i'm sure there's a link to the study there, I hate these 'pop' articles, they're so vague)

ah that's better:
    The mere anticipation of an interaction with a woman can impair men's cognitive performance. - PubMed - NCBI

Interestingly, women tend to do slightly better with a 'male' oversight while men go full retard.

It kind of make me think that the whole 'boys and girls should study separately at school' it not such a bad idea.

... In theory.