User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: Being so/sx

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    I generally only like this subtype if they're gut types (with particular disdain for 4s, 6s and 7s of this subtype).
    How come? Curious..
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Just to whine a little bit:

I have so many friends who I want to get to know better, and I just don't have the time or the energy.

If I drop off the map, it's (probably) not because I don't like you -- it's because you fell off my radar.

It sounds bad, but... :/
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    lawful good (D&D) / ravenclaw + wampus (HP) / boros legion (M:TG)
    conscientious > sensitive > serious (oldham)
    want to ask me something? go for it!
    Likes Hard liked this post

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by florpoetis View Post
    How come? Curious..
    Social 4: perpetually over-dramatic, "woe is me" and victim playing
    Social 6: hyper rules, authority and bureaucracy oriented (think the military of most countries)
    Social 7: pretentious, pseudo-spirtual hippies who are actually charlatans talking out of their asses

Edit: I'm adding Social 5 to the list too, because they glorify the shit out of being intellectual for its own sake as the pinnacle of existence.
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    Social 6: hyper rules, authority and bureaucracy oriented (think the military of most countries)
    The so/sp 6 is a lot more authority-focused than the so/sx 6, which cares more about connection with individuals than with organizations and groups like the so/sp 6. This is actually a major reason why when I (&friends) decided I'm not sp-first, it made more sense for me to be so/sx than so/sp (because so/sx is much lighter). That, and so/sx is synflow while so/sp is contraflow.

Six Stacks | The Enneagram ...info from the underground.

Also, popping in to say hello. It's been a few days but my mind is still boggled over this whole sp-last thing. Please tell me more about this.
    26 weeks
    Likes shuawei liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    For me:

I spread myself thin, socially. I'm friendly with a whole lot of people, and bad at maintaining contact with many of them, but that doesn't keep me from trying. It's a constant struggle to not completely fall off the map with everyone who isn't in my immediate vicinity.

I'm good at being in small to medium-sized groups. Groups where I can guarantee that I like everybody. I have a hard time being in groups of people where I don't like everybody. When I was younger, I tended to not be a member of any group because I liked to curate my group, only hanging out with the people I liked. The problem was that that wasn't all that sustainable in the long run, because those people had their own groups that they were loyal to -- whereas the only commonality of my group was me.

Needless to say, all the social-first things are true: I view things in terms of groups, hierarchies, power dynamics. I'm pretty stereotypically social-first in that I follow politics pretty closely, I almost feel like I have a moral obligation to know what's going on in the world, and to help out in any way I can (social-first 1 reporting for duty). And sexual-second... it's tough because as a Te-dom I'm not that touchy-feely, but I resonate a lot with sp-last descriptions (I burn myself out on the regular), and I put a lot of energy into my top two love languages (Acts of Service and Quality Time).
    I never felt like I have an issue with maintaining close relationships. Actually if a relationship it is not close is not a real relationship for me. So I either have very close friends or just people I came across, but nothing in between.
    I remember when I dated my ex, he usually said stuff like; "My friends are your friends too." But I never saw it like that, because if there is a lack connection between me and others, I don't think they are my friends.
    When I really want someone to be my friend, I make as much effort as I possibly can to establish a deep bound between us, I don't forget people. And usually I feel like I am comfortable with what I have, with friends that I already have and I don't feel the need to make new ones. I more prone to make an older relationship deeper than to establish a completely new one.

Maybe I am sx first
    Likes EJCC, shuawei liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Inis Mona View Post
    I never felt like I have an issue with maintaining close relationships. Actually if a relationship it is not close is not a real relationship for me. So I either have very close friends or just people I came across, but nothing in between.
    I remember when I dated my ex, he usually said stuff like; "My friends are your friends too." But I never saw it like that, because if there is a lack connection between me and others, I don't think they are my friends.
    When I really want someone to be my friend, I make as much effort as I possibly can to establish a deep bound between us, I don't forget people. And usually I feel like I am comfortable with what I have, with friends that I already have and I don't feel the need to make new ones. I more prone to make an older relationship deeper than to establish a completely new one.

Maybe I am sx first
    This does sound sx-first, yeah.
    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

This does sound sx-first, yeah.
    You just made me doubt my whole stacking lol thanks EJCC
    Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I spread myself thin, socially. I'm friendly with a whole lot of people, and bad at maintaining contact with many of them, but that doesn't keep me from trying. It's a constant struggle to not completely fall off the map with everyone who isn't in my immediate vicinity.

I'm good at being in small to medium-sized groups. Groups where I can guarantee that I like everybody. I have a hard time being in groups of people where I don't like everybody.
    I can actually relate a lot to both of these. I'm friendly with everyone (my only qualification for whether I like someone or not is if they're nice to me, and my definition of nice basically just means "not mean") but I am really, really bad at maintaining contact. I have my close friends, who I keep in regular contact with, and then I have friends who are my friends because we were friends in elementary and high school but we rarely ever talk (seriously really bad at maintaining these friends), and then strangers. I haven't been able to make any non-online friends in many years because of how poor I am at maintaining budding friendships. Then they just end up kinda dying (this may also be where my introversion plays in). It's like I have friends and then friendly strangers and then strangers and not really any in between.

I also prefer small groups to large groups and one-on-one. Small groups are small enough for me to feel comfortable participating, but one-on-one can be extremely intimidating to me if I don't know the person well.
    26 weeks

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Revisiting this.

I do relate to this, but I usually phrase it much more optimistically.

My hierarchy is as follows:

1. Very close friends
    2. Friends
    3. Friendly acquaintances

The generous phrasing in #3 is because a lot of the time, the only thing stopping those people from being friends is the amount of time I can commit to them. I only have so much energy for friend time, and sometimes those missed friendship opportunities make me sad.

Not sure if I relate to this.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Not sure if I relate to this.
    ^Perhaps that's where introverted so vs. extroverted so plays in? I'm also the type to generally say that I'm fine with the friends I have rather than constantly looking to expand (because that sounds exhausting to me).
    26 weeks
    Likes EJCC liked this post