User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: So/sx or sx/so?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Default So/sx or sx/so?

... Or something else entirely? The so/sx description resonates with me a lot but I've been browsing other threads in this section and now I'm not so sure. I've also noticed most 4w5s don't tend to be so-dominant. So I'm curious.

Is there a more definitive way to find out? Certain preferences? Any questions I can ask myself that would help?
    "..But my dreaming self refuses to be consoled."- M.Atwood
    tumblr | instagram
    Likes themightyfetus, geedoenfj liked this post

You are what you love themightyfetus's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    ESE Si

I'll respond more in-depth after I've gotten some IRL sleep.

The first thing I'll say is that so-dominant doesn't necessarily mean having a wide social circle or wanting hoards of friends. (I think that most introverts in general wouldn't be inclined to want those things that badly anyway, leading to mistypes. I thought I was sx/so for a long time because of that.)

To be continued...
    Yet I know, if I stepped aside
    Released the controls, you would open my eyes
    That somehow, all of this mess
    Is just my attempt to know the worth of my life

Mercury - Sleeping At Last

3w2 // 6w7 // 9w1
    Likes Lia_kat liked this post

I don't know you that well but you sound much more Sx than So to me.
    Likes Lia_kat liked this post

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I read somewhere that so/sx tends to be more sweet and smiley where sx/so is more intense. Also in photos sx/so always looks like they are up to something naughty.
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Default So/sx or sx/so?

I was confused whether I'm so/sx or sx/so, because I seem sweet and nice and consider myself a smiley lady, and have kind of a baby face..
    but I'm actually not that sweet if you get to know me more, I'm quick tempered, have kind of serious and sharp look when my face is neutral, specially if I'm in a middle of people that I don't know, and there's my teacher who used to call me "eagle eye", and also I like the villains and intense personalities when I'm watching a movie, I just like watching them and I don't think I can ever fit to a role of a nice or sweet lady if I have ever given the chance to be actress for instance, I feel I'm too intense for playing these roles so I assume that's I'm sx/so with a slight sx over so
    Work for a cause not for Applause
    Live to express not to Impress

6w7 > 1w2 > 4w3

Likes Kelly777, Lia_kat liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I don't know you that well but you sound much more Sx than So to me.
    In what way?
    tumblr | instagram

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I think so-dom can commonly be kind of counterphobic, especially 4's. So dom doesn't mean one is involved in tons of stuff, it can mean being aware of the social elements but also being super self conscious of not easily fitting into any of those things. So so-dom can isolate because of that. Like, the hyper focus/awareness makes one withdraw. With 4 I think there's an awareness of it but shame in knowing it's not really 'you'. Like, being good at picking up those things but shying away from it too, or not liking it. Being bothered on some level by not fitting in/having a 'group' of peers, but also never forcing it and staying true to self (the 4 does). 4 so-dom I think is often called a 'social critic', if I remember correctly. A bit of an outsider but also yeah, ability to be 'sweet' and get along well with others, in day to day stuff/on the job.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ
    Likes Lia_kat, Dreamer liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by geedoenfj View Post
    I was confused whether I'm so/sx or sx/so, because I seem sweet and nice and consider myself a smiley lady, and have kind of a baby face..
    but I'm actually not that sweet if you get to know me more, I'm quick tempered, have kind of serious and sharp look when my face is neutral, specially if I'm in a middle of people that I don't know, and there's my teacher who used to call me "eagle eye", and also I like the villains and intense personalities when I'm watching a movie, I just like watching them and I don't think I can ever fit to a role of a nice or sweet lady if I have ever given the chance to be actress for instance, I feel I'm too intense for playing these roles so I assume that's I'm sx/so with a slight sx over so
    I can relate to this. I'm a kind-natured person and I can be very sweet (even with strangers), playful/silly, charming, and just easy-going & nice in general. This is one of the main reasons I thought so-dominant. However, now reading your post... I definitely have the "resting bitch face" (lol) so I constantly get asked if I'm doing ok, is something wrong, etc because others just assume I'm upset. I'm also quick-tempered, have an extremely mean side when the right buttons are pushed, and some friends have told me I have an intense stare.
    tumblr | instagram
    Likes geedoenfj liked this post

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by florpoetis View Post
    I can relate to this. I'm a kind-natured person and I can be very sweet (even with strangers), playful/silly, charming, and just easy-going & nice in general. This is one of the main reasons I thought so-dominant. However, now reading your post... I definitely have the "resting bitch face" (lol) so I constantly get asked if I'm doing ok, is something wrong, etc because others just assume I'm upset. I'm also quick-tempered, have an extremely mean side when the right buttons are pushed, and some friends have told me I have an intense stare.
    Well, my straight face is usually interpreted as sad or something negative, so I don't think this is a great indicator of instinct. I'm not quick tempered though, and I'll go against the grain /stick to my principles. But I'm still so dom. (I think some weird things can happen with so-dom + Fi dom)
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Quote Originally Posted by florpoetis View Post
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.