User Tag List

First 12345 Last

can't handcuff the wind Z Buck McFate's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Mobius View Post
    I don't know Z Buck I saw you resort to mind control one time; because someone had Chairman Meow as an avatar. That seems pretty dramatic to me.
    But it was Chairman Meow.
    Reality is a collective hunch. -Lily Tomlin

5w4 sx/sp Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Yes, I don't think there's ever been a time in my life without some kinda drama. I lashed out at all of my friends, destroyed one of their art projects, and brought a knife to school that I used to cut myself all because someone I loved didn't love me back, and then I was suspended for 10 days yesterday. For example. Being sx-dominant means that not only do I enjoy it, but I can't avoid it.

And yes, I like connection. The most powerful kind of connection is just exchanging looks between someone. Like, I'll notice them looking at me a lot and I'll do it back to them. That's what gets sx going.
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes yama liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEE Se

Did my sx kill this thread?
    I want my cake and I wanna eat it too
    Likes Chrysanthe, yama liked this post

Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ISFp Fi

I like playing with puppies
    Likes yama, Masokissed liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I'm not sx-dominant (I'm so/sx), but I strongly identify with some sx traits.

A question I have for my sx-dominant friends--do you like the drama? The turmoil? The soaring highs and the bottomless lows? The agony? When I was younger and more unhealthy, I'd nudge myself into situations where I knew I'd get hurt just because I liked the intensity of it all. I stared out the window and pretended my life was a movie; I'd even divide it into chapters. When I went through dark and painful times, I would think things like, "This will make fantastic writing material." The things I wrote were super flowery, tortured, ecstatic, etc.

Here's another thing more curious I have to ask you about. Do you experience deep, visceral connections to people? I don't mean in a sexual sense. I mean this rush that you feel--physically feel--around somebody, in a platonic way? Like being so deeply attracted to somebody that you can physically feel a rush through you when you think of them or see them. Caring so deeply for someone, like a friend, that it becomes more than a friendship, but not romantic? Like a special friend. A true, one friend. I don't know. I tried to explaining this concept to my friends who are both sx last, and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. My sister, however, who is either sp/sx or sx/sp, understood what I was talking about one hundred percent.

Are these things related to Enneagram? What are your experiences? Do tell.
    You know
    Likes Masokissed, themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    Infj
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I didn't want to be incorrect but the truth is that Sx-doms can also be some of the most annoying people I know. They may claim that they have a problem with drama but many of them are actually quite attracted to it and grief it creates. From what I have seen most of Sx-doms are masochists of some kind.
    That's interesting. I don't think of myself as liking drama but I am attracted somewhat to violence. I like MMA fighting and Quentin Tarantino movies. And if I meet someone who just putters around thinking about paying bills and decorating their house and such, I am terribly bored. I read an article once about how Jane Eyre was a well adjusted type of romance where as Wuthering Heights was a romance that would appeal to someone who felt incomplete without a lover and who needed intensity and drama in their relationships. I wonder if that is an SX dominant thing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Sp/sx here...the sp bit will be even more obvious after this post.

I don't like social politics or interpersonal drama. I mean the kind of stuff where people are two-faced and maneuver things in an underhanded way. I hate that kind of drama, and part of it is because I just don't get it and because it looks juvenile, not "intense". When younger, most heartbreak was in my head, where most of my life was lived. Real people failed to be very compelling to me, or some masochistic part of me felt denying them access (and myself to them) would somehow be rewarded with a much greater passion later on. The most real pain to me has always been acute disappointment, aka, the tragedy of nothing.

The "intense" thing I like(d) that those around me couldn't grasp is debating; I like to disagree, but it can be a compliment to someone because what they said caught my attention enough to bother. I like the stimulation of an intellectual argument, but where people don't resort to low blows, but actually use their brains. I also have always liked a flirting and bantering style that involves some friendly jabs. A fair amount of people dont like that. I feel like it simultaneously creates and relieves sexual tensions. I don't like gushiness unless it is poetic and clever or incredily sincere in a blundering sort of way, but most people just spout cliche and strike me as terribly mundane. They bond a whole lot better than I do though.

When younger, especially, I used to purposely read, listen to, or watch things that would stir up intense emotion, sometimes making myself cry. It really was a fascination with emotional extremes and a desire to feel intensely, just to know what it is like. But I was inhibited in my real life interactions because of shyness and fear of humiliation and vulnerability. So I never sought out or created much real life drama.

As for the latter stuff about responses to people I'm attracted to (platonically or romantically), yes, very much so. I always thought of it as a "change in the air". I thought a physical aspect to an emotional response is pretty standard human stuff... I also experience these things as very "vibey", and it probably is because I am less intune with the physical and less able to pinpoint it, so it all seems atmospheric (the "air" again).

I would never call myself dramatic because I am mostly contained in public and the day-to-day, and so acquaintances think I am either laidback or aloof. Close friends and family see occasional temperamental outbursts and might say otherwise. I think I threw a burrito at someone's head once.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe
    Likes Video liked this post

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by themightyfetus View Post
    I'm not sx-dominant (I'm so/sx), but I strongly identify with some sx traits.

A question I have for my sx-dominant friends--do you like the drama? The turmoil? The soaring highs and the bottomless lows? The agony? When I was younger and more unhealthy, I'd nudge myself into situations where I knew I'd get hurt just because I liked the intensity of it all. I stared out the window and pretended my life was a movie; I'd even divide it into chapters. When I went through dark and painful times, I would think things like, "This will make fantastic writing material." The things I wrote were super flowery, tortured, ecstatic, etc.

Here's another thing more curious I have to ask you about. Do you experience deep, visceral connections to people? I don't mean in a sexual sense. I mean this rush that you feel--physically feel--around somebody, in a platonic way? Like being so deeply attracted to somebody that you can physically feel a rush through you when you think of them or see them. Caring so deeply for someone, like a friend, that it becomes more than a friendship, but not romantic? Like a special friend. A true, one friend. I don't know. I tried to explaining this concept to my friends who are both sx last, and they had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. My sister, however, who is either sp/sx or sx/sp, understood what I was talking about one hundred percent.

Are these things related to Enneagram? What are your experiences? Do tell.

The drama thing I have not tried to create but have sometimes thought subconsciously I have pulled it in around me. I don't enjoy the lows (my lows are scary-pit of despair-low) but love the high's. Been curious for a while as to weather ENFP's (maybe especially sx doms) can appear pretty bi polar... or just that they do have a lot of low lows and high highs-viewable externally as well as internally.

Though I'm not sure how much drama I have created intentionally... inasmuch as I do not desire to be the centre of attention. More that I have been a walking whirlwind at times. The attention I crave tends to relate more to your second question.

I desire attention from individuals i feel a connection to. And yes I do feel really intense deep emotional connections to people. Not so much in a visceral sense. Sometimes I'm not sure they even know I feel it.... which probably relates more to being sx/sp.... it is not always necessary for me to have the connection in the real world... my head plays all sorts of scenarios out with people and I can hold them very highly in my esteem without their knowledge. It can come to the fore and confuse people too I think. Though of course sometimes a connection is so very existentially powerful that it creates an energy all of it's own that others can also bear witness to as well as the individuals not being able to suppress or deny it.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I think one of the key traits of Sx people is the fact that they many not see drama where other can see it. Therefore they can claim that they don't like it that much while others will disagree. ("drama" is actually very subjective term)
    Likes D'Ascoyne liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Virtual ghost View Post
    I think one of the key traits of Sx people is the fact that they many not see drama where other can see it. Therefore they can claim that they don't like it that much while others will disagree. ("drama" is actually very subjective term)
    One of my ENFP friends (certainly sx dom) doesn't see the drama either. Either because she is way inserted in it and becomes blind to it or, has such a high threshold for drama she's unable to notice. To her credit, once she's made aware, she does try to distance herself from it.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.
    Likes D'Ascoyne liked this post