User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Corn Dispenser View Post
    I understand how sp/sx would work but why is sx/so contra-flow? Is it because sx need for intensity and so need for social security leads sx/so people to join counter-culture groups? So they're "anti-social" and "contra-flow" even though they're really not?
    Sx/so is associated with revolution. I assume it's those people who show up to the party and yell "hi all I'm here!" at the top of their lungs to shake up the scene. Personally expressive, socially open, and sp blindspot gives them fearlessness in the face of physical destruction. There are some clues to this at this link: Socionics - the16types.info - Notes on the instincts
    Likes Chanaynay, Masokissed liked this post

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sulfit View Post
    Sx/so is associated with revolution. I assume it's those people who show up to the party and yell "hi all I'm here!" at the top of their lungs to shake up the scene. Personally expressive, socially open, and sp blindspot gives them fearlessness in the face of physical destruction. There are some clues to this at this link: Socionics - the16types.info - Notes on the instincts
    I think of sx/so as the challenging type.

What they challenge varies though. It doesn't have to be as heavy and harsh as made to sound.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12
    Likes Chanaynay, sulfit, Kullervo, Masokissed liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    Just Ni

._. I am compulsively attached to people only to help see reality in an entirely new and different way making them seem alien to others.
    F O R E V E R

When it matters, everyone's the same.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    946 sp/sx

Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.
    This is where most of my Fi archetype mimicking features come from. That is, I Fe in the self-crippling way described above. These things "do not go together" in a sense and together they become something apparently unrecognizable for what they actually are because of that distortion in expression.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    513 so/sp

Contra-flow: sp → sx → so → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/sx → sx/so → so/sp → sp/sx
    Direction: Compelled against people. Seething belligerent outsiders; 'antisocial', provoking, reverse-flow change catalysts. In some profound sense, rejecting the human condition, their own and/or that of others.

so/sp - utilizing, employing, implementing, expending, exercising, spending, capitalizing, expropriating

This makes sense form me. Since I was always a provocator of some kind, as well as ambitious person and person that gives people the creeps with my ideas or bodylanguage.

MBTI
    None
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LIE Ni

I haven't decided if this theory is grounded in reality. Need to observe more. In any case, people seem to be misusing it.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

I think a better and more palatable way to describe the flow of energy would be something like harmonizing for syn and revolutionizing for contra. I identify with the contra flow of energy but not because I hate people (at least not always) but because I consciously and subconsciously dislike everything about tradition -- jobs, living, whatever -- and the lightheartedness which initial social encounters usually require are boring to me and I'd rather jump right into the meat of things. The contra flow seems to me all about doing things differently than expected. That's not to say syn flow isn't exciting, it can and often is because it's upbeat and engaging and draws you in, just probably without shock value. Syn flows better with what has already been established. Contra is that rollercoaster ride that gives you whiplash but it's the best ride in the park.
    libra sun & moon | scorpio rising

chaotic good

Enneagram
    N/A

I like. I like. I haven't paid too much attention to the contra/syn flow thing. But now that I have, it makes sense to me, from personal experience.

I know some people think contra flow sounds "harsh". I think I know a contra-flow person. They don't really seem to be in touch with the human condition the way I am. However, they are not "bad people". I may not relate to how they deal with human reality on an experiential basis, but it's not like you should shun a contra-flow person saying "they are a bad seed of humanity".

Another forum member mentioned that so/sp people have a more "intellectual" way of looking at and understanding reality. At the moment, I agree with that perspective. They have such a "disconnected" way of understanding their and other people's feelings and experiences. They examples I am going to give are more so/sp because I know more of them (or at least I think I do)

4 so/sp... they are not as "raw" as you'd expect them to be due to the fact that they are a 4. They have this weird 1-ish "this is how things/feelings/whatever should be because obviously it's the better way". They just go around seeing other people/the world as incompetent, inefficient and ...simply not ideal. They have this 'no nonsense attitude' especially with interpersonal dynamics. So they also don't like emotionally incompetent people who can't get along with others well.

Someone who is a 9 so/sp may feel (and this biased towards 9w1) may be contra-flow in the sense that they are not as in touch with deeper parts of themselves. These types are not what you'd think of "contra-flow" because they may not be "bucking the patriarchal system", but they are bucking the part of themselves that is more spontaneous and truer to the soul for a more "I need to do what is expected of me so I don't disappoint others" frame of mind.

An so/sp 5 can be contra flow in that they don't like it when other people's "humanity/emotions/fluffy stuff" get in the way. They are the more true "robots" of enneagram 5.

They are not saying anything harsh or mean in anyway... but it's like they don't truly immerse themselves in the human psyche. Their own or others. They can understand it, but in a less immersed manner.

I'll add more about syn flow later, if desired.
    You are so arbitrary.

Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Syn-flow: sp → so → sx → sp
    Stackings involved: sp/so → so/sx → sx/sp → sp/so
    Direction: Compelled toward people. Acting upon and with others as a born insider i.e.- deeply human.
    sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    Yeah, I'd say this is pretty natural for me. I've had people say that when they get to know me I can be pretty intense and intimidating with the things I'm passionate about. I kind of have to take my anxiety - probably caused by people in my past telling me to calm down and be quiet - out of the equation, and look at how I act naturally when I'm comfortable. And to be honest, none of the others fit well at all, even if I'm feeling anxious.
    to thine own self be true
    johari | nohari
    Likes shuawei liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

If we assume this theory is true, then for me, I can eliminate every contra-flow stacking on the spot. But then when we break it down to the individual types, sp/so is still the only one that even begins to sound like me.

So we could go with that, but that would run me again into the problem of how when we look at specific stackings *for type 4*, sp is the one I'm by far the least like.

Yeah, this was the hardest part of my type to figure out.
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]
    Likes magpie liked this post