• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Multiple Enneagram Subtypes/Instincts I still don't know what mine is......

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So yeah, I think after these many many years I've figured out what my type is in pretty much every system out there: except this one. No matter what I read, I don't relate to any of the instinctual subtypes in particular. I put this thread up so I can say I at least tried to figure out all my types :D

Feel free to stalk my past posts, and prod my current mindset.

If it helps, I initially typed myself as Sp/So because I don't care much about intimate relationships, and very interested in staying alive.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I know it's been said before, but I think there's a somewhat skewed perception of what the sexual instinct actually is. I dislike the "one-on-one" name for that reason; this aspect is more of a possible detail than it is the entirety of the sx-dom experience.

Maybe other sx-doms could share their perspectives on this, but I suspect that if you're sexual dominant, you'll know it. There's a certain undercurrent of attraction or repulsion in almost everything you do. Favorite things aren't just favorite things - they need to become a part of you. The need to find a mate could play into that, but it just as easily might not. I have an sp-dom friend who has always sought intimate relationships (in the proper sense) more stubbornly than I have, and for very different reasons. Motivations are pretty good cues.

I'm guessing you aren't considering the sexual instinct if you're flopping between so/sp and sp/so, but it can't hurt to rule things out, right? :ninja: