User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Sx and "research" / delving into topics

This is brought up frequently. Is it really an Sx-based trait? I understand the concept, that Sx craves "depth", so it explores the depth of anything that stimulates oneself, even if that's some topic online or in a book. But I don't know, the connection of these two ideas seems kind of silly.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

I don't know about the connection, but I am sx first, and that is something that I do.

MBTI
    INFj
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/so

I agree, it does seem silly...I think any instinctual stacking can delve into a topic. Perhaps it differs in the manner they do the "delving."
    I've looked at life from both sides now
    From up and down and still somehow
    It's life's illusions I recall
    I really don't know life at all

Joni Mitchell

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

I do this and I think I am Sx last...
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

mm, i do it. until i feel there's nothing more the topic can offer me and i change to the next one. not sure if it's connected with instinctual variant though.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Well I do that. The only think I think makes it sx-first-ish is that I fixate on it and nothing else for several days and have to acquire every last little bit of information humanly possible. I annoy everyone else by being temporarily fixated on this one thing. I can't really remember a time in my life when I haven't had one of these little obsessions, and to be honest, it's kind of embarrassing.

I'm not sx first and I do this too. I get obsessed and have to know every little thing I can find on the subject and can't rest until I do. And when it's over, life becomes dull and colorless and nothing feels happy anymore until I find something new to fixate on.

The only thing I don't do is share my obsessions with other people. They feel too secret and too sacred to sully with casual contact. Also, I'm vulnerable and prone to getting hurt over rejection or misunderstanding of my interests, so they're not for public consumption, nope.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I thought that's what everybody did.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

No it's not connected to sx first. Obsessing & fixating in itself is not about the sx instinct. All instincts involve obsessing & fixating - they are distorted through the ego fixation & there is a stacking precisely because one is blown out of proportion & one is somewhat ignored (which causes problems).

IMO, if you want to link this to an instinct, then it would be most neatly be connected to the sp instinct. SP-last people seem more inclined to understand things via interaction with others or experience, whereas sp types are more inclined to "equip" themselves with knowledge., especially before venturing into interaction/experience. Most sp descriptions note the sp first types to preoccupied with personal projects & interests & creating environments & asserting autonomy which allow for this to go somewhat undisturbed. SP last types have trouble with autonomously pursuing interests & projects, and perhaps they seek out more collaboration, input, and external motivation.

Whenever sp is out of whack, there's either too much or too little reliance on others (or a pinging between extremes), depending on whether it's the fixation, the blindspot &/or what the core type is. sp-dom 6s rely too much on creating secure connections with others, whereas sp 5s rely too much on maintaining distance from others so as not to be overwhelmed with their "demands". sp last 6s don't worry enough about secure/stable connections, which can sabotage their more people-oriented sx & so drives. sp last 5s are not motivated to hoard & channel energy for sp interests, which can frustrate the setting of boundaries in the sx & so areas (more people-oriented & perhaps more energy "demanding), compounding the feeling of being overwhelmed by the demands of reality.

However, this is way too specific to really link to an instinctual subtype. As you see, there are too many possible ways an instinct can even play out, so that many behaviors & tendencies can be explained with many different stackings & core types.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

The Dark Lord The Wailing Specter's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    ENFP Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    No it's not connected to sx first. Obsessing & fixating in itself is not about the sx instinct. All instincts involve obsessing & fixating - they are distorted through the ego fixation & there is a stacking precisely because one is blown out of proportion & one is somewhat ignored (which causes problems).

IMO, if you want to link this to an instinct, then it would be most neatly be connected to the sp instinct. SP-last people seem more inclined to understand things via interaction with others or experience, whereas sp types are more inclined to "equip" themselves with knowledge., especially before venturing into interaction/experience. Most sp descriptions note the sp first types to preoccupied with personal projects & interests & creating environments & asserting autonomy which allow for this to go somewhat undisturbed. SP last types have trouble with autonomously pursuing interests & projects, and perhaps they seek out more collaboration, input, and external motivation.

Whenever sp is out of whack, there's either too much or too little reliance on others (or a pinging between extremes), depending on whether it's the fixation, the blindspot &/or what the core type is. sp-dom 6s rely too much on creating secure connections with others, whereas sp 5s rely too much on maintaining distance from others so as not to be overwhelmed with their "demands". sp last 6s don't worry enough about secure/stable connections, which can sabotage their more people-oriented sx & so drives. sp last 5s are not motivated to hoard & channel energy for sp interests, which can frustrate the setting of boundaries in the sx & so areas (more people-oriented & perhaps more energy "demanding), compounding the feeling of being overwhelmed by the demands of reality.

However, this is way too specific to really link to an instinctual subtype. As you see, there are too many possible ways an instinct can even play out, so that many behaviors & tendencies can be explained with many different stackings & core types.
    Sp is safety, So is people.
    Enneagram: 6w7 (phobic) > 2w1 > 9w1
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Holland Code: AIS
    Date of Birth: March 15, 1996
    Political Stance: Libertarian Liberal (Arizona School/Strong BHL)
    ATHEIST UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST HUMANIST
    and
    SCIENCE ENTHUSIAST

I say this as a reminder to myself, but this goes for everyone:

You can achieve anything you set your mind to, and you are limited only by how dedicated you are to succeed!

-Magic Qwan