• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[sx] Why are sx-doms so common in typology communities?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Where there's a will, there's a way.

I knew it. like so many other insect related problems in the world it can all be traced back to William Shakespeare.

The Cat

Staff member

Point of fact I wasnt. This is the internet on 2018. We'll have none of your fact here madam. ;) No I was referring to the play that must never be named. A play written by an alleged genius? And who am I to argue, they could really turn a phrase all six of them. But were they merely gifted? Or were their minds touched from beyond the stars by cosmic forces beyond the comprehension of the human mind?

Metis

Point of fact I wasnt. This is the internet on 2018. We'll have none of your fact here madam. ;) No I was referring to the play that must never be named. A play written by an alleged genius? And who am I to argue, they could really turn a phrase all six of them. But were they merely gifted? Or were their minds touched from beyond the stars by cosmic forces beyond the comprehension of the human mind?

Scrooge McDuck? He's a bird. Plus, now you're mixing up Dickens with Shakespeare. :wacko:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Haha if there were many sx doms on this forum, this would be the best forum ever, because we’d all appreciate our willingness to set things on the table or the worst and most destructive forum ever

wait....

The Cat

Staff member
Scrooge McDuck? He's a bird. Plus, now you're mixing up Dickens with Shakespeare. :wacko:

Quite the contrary, I think your mixing up Calvin and Hobbes....:huh:

Metis

The tiger of course.

Go get 'em, then.

bengal-tiger-mating.jpg

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think a lot of people on a surface level like Sx vs. So descriptions. So and Sp seem somewhat selfish or undesirable on a surface level. It doesn't mean they cannot form good relationships.

Sx is idealized I think to the extent many people desire to exhibit it but don't truly know what it means.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think a lot of people on a surface level like Sx vs. So descriptions. So and Sp seem somewhat selfish or undesirable on a surface level. It doesn't mean they cannot form good relationships.

Sx is idealized I think to the extent many people desire to exhibit it but don't truly know what it means.

If anything, wouldn't sx be more selfish than so, pursuing their own interests and agenda? Soc seems more about common good, having good connections means fostering connections so that they stay healthy; it affects more people positively, or a least, that's how it's supposed to go.

As for the thread topic, is there any graphic / research ever done for how common each variant is?

To add my own two cents though,

The intense pursuit for deeper understanding may result in people typing as sx, including for typology. It also seems to most dynamic / alive function in a way, so it's no surprise if they have stronger vibes / a stronger presence or speak up more, imo. I can see sp (myself included) keeping more to themselves if it doesn't concern them, and sp are more selective on what to use up their energy on. Sx might just keep dragging something on even longer and more passionately as long as it gives them that 'charge' or surge of interest, so naturally we see more of them. And as OP said, mistypes exist.

As for sx-lasts being less interested in MBTI, enneagram, typology... I wouldn't know why, and it does not really make sense to tie variants to interest in things. There's that strange image of sx sounding like the most exlusively passionate variant, or so I see from time to time. All variants have their own interests and passions, but they pursue and manifest them differently. I wouldn't say I'm dispassionate just because I'm sx-last.

It might just be an impression caused by what I mentioned above more or less, as well as other kinds of possible factors.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From what I have seen, it seems most people confuse what so is with what sx is.
So wants to merge with everyone and make a lot of connections. It feels connected to everyone. Merging is easy and frequent. It is very performative and knows how to play into the broader imagery of things like sexual appeal quite conciously in a way sx/sp at least doesn't because it is social blind.
Sx is sensitive to connection. It's always looking for the connection, the soulmate or the one true love or true calling/passion or whatever . And it is the soulmate or whatever (because as I said it can also be about a calling or something else) as well. That is all it can be. It is the seeker, always yearning. It is filled with disappointment and it doesn't understand why no one fits most of the time or how people can so insensitively pursue others almost arbitrarily and casually. Without merging and without awareness of the magnitude of what it is to do so, something not to be taken lightly. It filters from the moment it interacts with another.

Sx/so is kind of the mix of both. It has the insensitivity of so in approach to trying to merge with everything but it is also able to recognize how disappointing and "not it" that merging is. Sx/Sp is the most sensitive and most selective about merging so it doesn't do that.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

While I agree that Sx is idealized on the forum and the other two are seen as less 'desirable', as a definite non-sx-dom I don't see sp or so as being 'selfish' in comparison to sx; if anything I view sx as being the epitome of obsessiveness - which in itself is very self-derived, going after what the sx-er wants or desires or is compelled to pursue. Very single-minded and very focused - blocking out everyone and everything else.

Maybe there's a tendency for people to see the ones they don't relate to as selfish in motivation? I dunno. otoh, every single person on the planet is selfish to the extent that they are following and attending to their own internal needs and priorities and focuses.