User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I guess I'd ask sx 4s how they'd describe their envy being open & even shameless, their competitiveness, & their making others "suffer", etc. I still fancy myself as more contained, although I "endure silently" far less.
    Just a little background: I'm not a 4, but it is my heart fix, so I'm not sure this will help. Also, a little background, I typed myself as sp first, and as "alluring" as sx may be, there was a lot of shame around that instinct for me at first. So at first I went with what is the easiest thing for me to do (which is sp)---I actually feel the same about 4 as a heart fix, I don't want to be that at all.

Nonetheless, envy and competitiveness are nowhere near open for me. It could be my 9 core, it could not be. Making others suffer is something that is completely foreign to me. But if I get down to the nitty gritty of things, underneath the years I've tried to better myself, and beyond my logic, there is a huge possibility that it's there.

I've always said "I don't compete," ( I really don't). But maybe part of the reason "I don't compete" is because I do have a competitive streak and it is disgusting/shameful to me.

I've had too much wine.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I found these subtype descriptions (from Enneagram history and theory | The Enneagram in BusinessThe Enneagram in Business) and while they tend to be 'more of the same' as far as not discussing how the dominant instinct affects the fixation, I think they are somewhat working in that direction.
    Wow, thank you. That is a weirdly useful site. I just wish each were longer than 2-3 sentences, as though each human being's core patterns can be reduced to that (probably being close to 1 billion of each type on this planet). Yeah, they are moving in the right direction, though. Helen Palmer tries to do this as well, but doesn't write much more than a paragraph on each, either. MOAR RESEARCH.

I agree with you. I have found the instinct descriptions you speak of endlessly frustrating, particularly because of what you say. I'll find myself identifying and relating, (as I did with the self pres four description by Chestnut), but then something doesn't quite feel right- I'm guessing because I'm not a self pres dom- that's not what I ultimately prioritize.
    That's exactly right. Like I said before, I'd be a social 4, but that's clearly not my core psychological pattern and "social" clearly has not been my primary driver in life. No matter how I temporarily feel when I read descriptions, some sort of "inner knowing" ultimately won't let me change my conclusions.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    I wonder how you managed to fit INFJs in there... Your whole self-defense seems to be pinned on INFJs' being as "bad" as yourself...or perhaps even worse... And are there more "real" INFJs like me around or has there been once?

Sx-doms are quite common in my country, predominantly in men but I've come across sx-dom women as well... Men are encouraged to act like ESxPs in my country so go figure...

I'd expect Sx-doms to be Se-doms (in particular) and also Ne-doms IRL... Se-aux and Ne-aux OTOH would have sp/sx flavor to them I guess...

How do the tests determine the variants does anyone know...? I guess pleasure\sensation seeking and enneagram types related to such drives would have a strong correlation with Sx variant...
    Which country are you from?

I've seen SX doms throughout the type table. Less so with Si and Te doms. I've seen quite a few SX doms who are dominant Fi and Ni.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Not to beat the dead horse, but there is a lot of mistyping. In fact, I would argue that perhaps Sx is the most mistyped all personality types - even more than the dreaded N bias.

People have basically created this image of Sp being cold and fastidious, and So being sad and desperate. Who would want to be those, when you can be passionate and sensual?
    Hmmm. I see SP as being more self-reliant and security oriented. This does not necessarily translate to cold and fastidious, unless it's a really unbalanced SP with very little SO or SX. Also, how does sad and desperate relate to SO?
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

We've only had Enneagram type in the user profile for a couple years. Here are the counts:

sp/sx - 166
    sp - 85
    sp/so - 69

so/sx - 63
    so/sp - 43
    so - 57

sx/sp - 164
    sx - 100
    sx/so - 92

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes devaf liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Such Irony View Post
    Which country are you from?
    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    We've only had Enneagram type in the user profile for a couple years. Here are the counts:

sp/sx - 166
    sp - 85
    sp/so - 69

so/sx - 63
    so/sp - 43
    so - 57

sx/sp - 164
    sx - 100
    sx/so - 92
    This data suggests to me that the forum is teeming with Ne\Se doms and auxes...

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Not to beat the dead horse, but there is a lot of mistyping. In fact, I would argue that perhaps Sx is the most mistyped all personality types - even more than the dreaded N bias.

People have basically created this image of Sp being cold and fastidious, and So being sad and desperate. Who would want to be those, when you can be passionate and sensual?
    This too ^
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post

sp/sx - 166
    sp - 85
    sp/so - 69

so/sx - 63
    so/sp - 43
    so - 57

sx/sp - 164
    sx - 100
    sx/so - 92
    Interesting.

The sp vs so proportions are EXACTLY what I have always figured.

The sx dom representation, if my whole estimation is correct, is ~6x what it would be in the normal population, tho.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by yeghor View Post
    This data suggests to me that the forum is teeming with Ne\Se doms and auxes...
    Yes, well, your theory is bullshit

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

@Gingko
    frankly, I wish I was Sp first
    that makes two of us. Sp doms are so much stronger and more independent most of the time (well, except of Sp 6s and Sp 2s. it's the opposite for them lol).
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

Assassin from the future Qloshae's Avatar
    MBTI
    NONE
    Enneagram
    5 sx/so
    Socionics
    NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    And also because they're so neurotically obsessed about finding the perfect relationship, that they're trying to learn as much about themselves, as well as their most compatible partner, via typology.
    This.

Suppose a lot could be mistypes tho as well.
    Everyone wants our devotion. :P
    MBTI: IXXX (I don't even believe in it atm.)
    Enneagram: 5 | Sx/So
    Big 5: RLOAI (last time I did it)
    Alignment: True Neutral
    MOTIV type: SOTID
    MOTIV+ type: |S|oxiD