MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LSI Se

Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I got into this ooh I'm a sp/sx thing
    ^ This happened to me from reading sp-4 descriptions too. I can see how it's confusing. I've decided I have to be Sx/Sp though.
    Art is the blood of the Exile
    4w3 6w7 8w9 ~ Sx/Sp ~ ISTP ~ LSI-Se

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by Animal View Post
    ^ This happened to me from reading sp-4 descriptions too. I can see how it's confusing. I've decided I have to be Sx/Sp though.
    Yeah. I think it has a lot to do with the five wing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Another possibility is that being sx first is not all that special or unusual. Unlike MBTI, there aren't any stats on instinctual stacking. It's all theory as to what supposedly is most "common".

Most people's grasp of the instincts is awful too. If I went by most of the understandings in this thread, then I'd type as sx first too.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Another possibility is that being sx first is not all that special or unusual. Unlike MBTI, there aren't any stats on instinctual stacking. It's all theory as to what supposedly is most "common".
    Your logic is valid, but I don't think the argument is sound.

If Sx doms were as common, people would see them more often irl.

I don't think many would disagree that they meet/see Sx doms much less often than the other variants.

I couldn't count on both my hands how often I've heard people say that they don't seem to meet/see Sx doms very often.

I have never once, however, heard someone talk about all the Sx doms they're constantly running into or coming across.

I think there's a reason to this simple and commonly expressed observation: cuz sx doms are indeed less common.

Don't let your " I need to be a snowflake" 4ness blind you here.

The reason we're less common, anyway, imo, is cuz how fucking important is it to the survival of a tribe?

I mean, compared to the self-preservational and social instincts, it's just really not that important.

Or, better said, you just really don't need as many of them.

/ special snowflake Sx dom AND Ni dom

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

i'm glad to hear that other people don't think they meet sx doms a lot in real life either. i didn't know that was a thing, but i totally don't.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Not to beat the dead horse, but there is a lot of mistyping. In fact, I would argue that perhaps Sx is the most mistyped all personality types - even more than the dreaded N bias.

People have basically created this image of Sp being cold and fastidious, and So being sad and desperate. Who would want to be those, when you can be passionate and sensual?
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Not to beat the dead horse, but there is a lot of mistyping. In fact, I would argue that perhaps Sx is the most mistyped all personality types - even more than the dreaded N bias.
    I agree with this.

People have basically created this image of Sp being cold and fastidious, and So being sad and desperate. Who would want to be those, when you can be passionate and sensual?
    I don't really agree with this.

If this were @yeghor's thread, those would not be the adjectives I'd choose.

Especially not for So dominants.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I don't think many would disagree that they meet/see Sx doms much less often than the other variants.

I couldn't count on both my hands how often I've heard people say that they don't seem to meet/see Sx doms very often.

I have never once, however, heard someone talk about all the Sx doms they're constantly running into or coming across.

I think there's a reason to this simple and commonly expressed observation: cuz sx doms are indeed less common.

The reason we're less common, anyway, imo, is cuz how fucking important is it to the survival of a tribe?

I mean, compared to the self-preservational and social instincts, it's just really not that important.

Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence. But I'd agree that in theory, sx-firsts are less needed and perhaps even less geared toward surviving than the other instinctual stackings - so much so that I think there is a good reason to believe they are less common.

IDK, @Southern Kross. I think people of all types tend to come to this website compelled by a level of obsession and focus. I have a feeling that their inclinations, as they are relative to typology websites, may distort their level of awareness in terms of their core type. It may not necessarily be due to a glorification of the sx instinct. Frankly, I wish I was sp first, but most people here constantly remind me how absurd that would be - to the point of disappointment.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by five sounds View Post
    i'm glad to hear that other people don't think they meet sx doms a lot in real life either. i didn't know that was a thing, but i totally don't.
    Being sx dom I agree with this as well. I have a LOT of sp-dom friends, with a few shining star sx doms tossed in the mix. I say shining star simply because it's magnetically magical to find someone that enjoys that level of intensity and closeness for a long enough period of time. SP/SX people are usually a good counter for me in that there is that same intensity but it is siphoned out slower.

I must confess that I never ever feel as close to my SP/SO combo friends as they feel towards me. They never see what is missing but I feel it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I don't see the sx instinct as less important to human survival. If taken quite literally, that is.
    However, because it manifests through the core fixation, each instinct doesn't boil down to the literal focus as people make them out to do. As mentioned in another thread, that overly simplistic view would make many 4s sx by virtue of the tendency to obsessively long for a romantic partner and experience great frustration there, a tendency born of the fixation itself. This means sp focus is not literal material security nor so focus on status, depending on the core fixation.

I'm not convinced people encounter sx types less. I think the special snowflakers type themselves as sx and everyone else differently. The same way some INFJs act like they are the only "real" INFJ.

If the attracting/repelling bit is true, then they could also be repelling each other, like two magnets.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe