User Tag List

123 Last

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Help Me Settle On My %!@$ Instinctual Subtype

A plea for help, yes this is! @highlander put this idea in my head from reading his review on instinctual subtypes.

I've take tests but it's not really helpful. I've read elfboy's descriptions and still unsure. Being a 7 kinda throws it off and I can't figure it out. Sx, sp, or so? Ask me questions please, I'll answer them.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I think you are an Sx

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@Redbone

Take the instinctual variant test that Elfboy created...

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...iant-test.html

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I tied between sp and sx. No surprise there.

Some recommended tie-breakers?

A little more info:
    Sp: I'm very good with money. I live very well despite not having much money (can't wait to work, though). Saver not spender. I place an extreme amount of importance on being physically comfortable. I also show love and affection by ensuring that the physical surroundings are comfortable. My "nest" is important to me and needs to be just so for me to be happy. It's my dream to build the ultimate nest (but I'm torn about being stuck in one place!).

Sx: I've been in a relationship, in one form or another, since I was 15. I don't think in terms of "Oh my god...I've just GOT to be in a relationship!!!!" It just happens. Even so, I like space/freedom in the relationship. I want very intense contact with my SO/FWB/whatever and then I want to go home. I am risk-taker but I work hard to make it work and minimize disaster because 'winning' is important to me. Umm...what else...ah. Addictive personality--one is good...5 is better. I can do things until I'm stuffed and sick with it, that's true. I'm less likely to do it now because of the damage it's done in the past. I feel the pull but I have a lot of responsibility on my hands and I'm determined to see that through instead of indulging myself (and it's so very hard...).

I think that's too much but I'm too lazy to go back and edit.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I think you are an Sx
    What makes you say that?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

You vibe more Sx I think. But your description of yourself seemed to lean heavier Sp.

The 16types.info site - probably my favorite in terms of touching on the energy nuances - contrasts it like this:

Sp/Sx

Motivation: to live in a secure, comfortable environment where they can pursue their private interests in depth.

These people often have an earthy, mysterious quality to them. They are quietly intense, but to others may seem oblivious to the greater social world around them, instead favoring personal interests. They are slow to commit, but once they do it is with an attitude of life commitment, to the establishment of an impermeable bond. Others can be taken aback by how suddenly and completely this type can lock into them, and by the depth of understanding of the other's condition. They attach to others at an organic, root level, in contrast to the other subvariant's surface formality. Somewhat hesitant to enter new relationships, they instead preserve the select few enduring bonds they carefully form along the way. The sanctuary of home is of paramount concern, and this type takes particular delight in decorating their spaces to reflect their cherished sense of taste and depth. Depth and discrimination characterize this stacking.

• Expression: wistful self-absorbed expression, sighing, magic is in their head
    • Energy: calm, steady energy expressed intensely, withdrawing
    • Behavior: withdrawn, calm, wistful and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "I can have merging/intensity without having to leave my orderly & pleasing lifestyle." (imagination, safe people and relationships, when the safety of these are challenged they withdraw)

Sx/Sp

Motivation: to know the heart, reconcile inner conflict, form a secure union.

This is perhaps the most internally conflicted of the stackings, and potentially the most inconsistent in behavior. This may occur as a blockage of the sexual instinct which can be redirected as a more generally brooding and troubled personality. They may isolate themselves for long periods of time before reemerging. They live according to a strictly personal outlook and are not particularly concerned with the approval of others outside of their immediate concern. They seem to be searching for something, the missing piece. If they find a soulmate they will unite without fanfare, forming a secret bond, dealing with formalities as an afterthought. Powerful sexual impulses facing inner resistance may manifest symbolically in the psyche, giving way to soulful interpretations of the unconscious. Under periods of stress severe sexual tensions may manifest as erratic, impulsively destructive behavior. Can seem restless, torn between the comforts of a stable home life and the urge to wander. May be prone to self-medicating.

• Expression: intense, self-absorbed expression
    • Energy: intense energy expressed calmly, steadily, assertively
    • Behavior: intense, assertive, troubled and self absorbed
    • Mindset: "If I can make (us) have an orderly & pleasing lifestyle, I can keep up and escalate all this merging/intensity."
    They also give these "energy flow" descriptions to show the "direction of flow" - I don't like some of the words, personally, but the important thing is the surging and intensifying energy of sx/sp versus the quieting and drawing in energy of the sp/sx. Both have the sp-pull/sx-push thing going on but the sp/sx has more pull and draws that intensity in and down, while the sx/sp has more push and presses the intensity out, albeit with more grounding than sx/so.

sx/sp - intensifying, escalating, rising, surging, enlivening, invigorating, accelerating, stimulating, energizing, vitalizing, reviving, animating, inspiriting
    sp/sx - dulling, calming, quieting, grounding, descending, lowering, dampening, numbing, desensitizing, exhausting, deadening, extinguishing, making still
    One last thing that I've noticed in life, the sp-first people I know generally tend to get most hung up on their personal comfort and conditions - if they're physically uncomfortable, their first priority is to take care of that. You can really see it in day-to-day life, they don't like being uncomfortable and they act quickly to resolve it. Sx-firsts seem in general to be way more hung up on whatever intense search they're on, whatever they're pursuing, and the practical world doesn't seem to even register on the same plane until it becomes really pressing.

Here are a few other quotes from people:

Quote Originally Posted by INTPness
    sx:
    -I enjoy close connections with individuals
    -I enjoy intensity in interactions and experiences
    -I place emphasis on doing things that I'm passionate about
    -Depth over breadth in relationships
    -Always looking to plug-in to something - a cause, a passion, a calling, etc.

sp:
    -Protective of my time and space
    -Place emphasis on having security (bills paid, roof over my head, job, income, food, etc.)
    -Privacy is important
    -Material possessions (this doesn't apply to me 100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JAVO
    I think the difference is just that sx/sp people will tend to have that nagging sp pulling them away from their adventure, intensity and connections, while sp/sx people will tend to experience the conflict as the desire for connection and adventure pulling them out of their fortress.

Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I tied between sp and sx. No surprise there.

Some recommended tie-breakers?

A little more info:
    Sp: I'm very good with money. I live very well despite not having much money (can't wait to work, though). Saver not spender. I place an extreme amount of importance on being physically comfortable. I also show love and affection by ensuring that the physical surroundings are comfortable. My "nest" is important to me and needs to be just so for me to be happy. It's my dream to build the ultimate nest (but I'm torn about being stuck in one place!).

Sx: I've been in a relationship, in one form or another, since I was 15. I don't think in terms of "Oh my god...I've just GOT to be in a relationship!!!!" It just happens. Even so, I like space/freedom in the relationship. I want very intense contact with my SO/FWB/whatever and then I want to go home. I am risk-taker but I work hard to make it work and minimize disaster because 'winning' is important to me. Umm...what else...ah. Addictive personality--one is good...5 is better. I can do things until I'm stuffed and sick with it, that's true. I'm less likely to do it now because of the damage it's done in the past. I feel the pull but I have a lot of responsibility on my hands and I'm determined to see that through instead of indulging myself (and it's so very hard...).

I think that's too much but I'm too lazy to go back and edit.
    hey red. do you ever feel like one is 'getting in the way' of the other? i relate to sp, but i hate when i feel like it's interfering with my ability to connect more deeply, engage more fully. and i'm very aware that those things are a priority to me over any sp stuff i might feel. but sometimes, when i'm feeling burned by sx, that's when sp is really satisfying to me. i know, though, that being 'satisfied' in an sp way is never enough for me, while sx satisfaction is like a tall glass of water to me. always hits the spot (no innuendo intended).
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

LadyLazarus

Sx, 'cause thread title.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    What makes you say that?
    You seem drawn to intensity. It's just a general feeling/vibe that I get.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Sx/Sp