User Tag List

First 123 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 30

  1. #11
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    You guys are awesome!

    I gotta take a minute to digest all this and reply. I need to stop avoiding my final school assignment here.

  2. #12
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Geez I feel you there. I just finished an online quiz with minutes to spare and it's been available for days.

    It just occurred to me that I ought to point out that your sig is like a double sx-whammy. ecstatic and looking for the perfect

  3. #13
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    Okay I dug into this a little more. I probably lean a little more toward sx than sp. It's super close though. @skylights thank you for the info...that was really very helpful to me. Never thought about my sig! @five sounds yes! one does get in the way of the other! Yes, it does! I never thought about it that way. Sx and sp compete with each other all the damn time. When things are intense, it's great but if that intensity dies down any, I'm ready to revert to my "comforts". I got "fed" so to speak, and now I'm ready to attend to my sp needs. If given a choice between the two, I want sx needs first, followed quickly by sp. I think I feel dissatisfied quicker with nothing to feel intense about than I do over comfort but it's pretty freaking close.

    It creates a great deal of conflict and upset within me.

  4. #14
    Entertaining Cracker five sounds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    729 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    5,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    Okay I dug into this a little more. I probably lean a little more toward sx than sp. It's super close though. @skylights thank you for the info...that was really very helpful to me. Never thought about my sig! @five sounds yes! one does get in the way of the other! Yes, it does! I never thought about it that way. Sx and sp compete with each other all the damn time. When things are intense, it's great but if that intensity dies down any, I'm ready to revert to my "comforts". I got "fed" so to speak, and now I'm ready to attend to my sp needs. If given a choice between the two, I want sx needs first, followed quickly by sp. I think I feel dissatisfied quicker with nothing to feel intense about than I do over comfort but it's pretty freaking close.

    It creates a great deal of conflict and upset within me.
    Totally. Mine aren't as close as yours I don't think, but that's exactly what I meant. I've read that sx/sp is 'the most conflicted' if the instinctual variant types, and I think I feel that struggle almost every day. Intensity and comfort are often at odds, and it sucks to have an instinctual drive for both. I had a hunch for sx/sp for you, but after reading your response there, I'm pretty convinced.
    You hem me in -- behind and before;
    you have laid your hand upon me.
    Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.

  5. #15
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    I don't know how accurate this description is for 7 sp is but it describes me extremely well:

    http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enne...eservation.htm

  6. #16
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    I don't know how accurate this description is for 7 sp is but it describes me extremely well:

    http://www.enneagramcentral.com/Enne...eservation.htm
    It's weird because I kinda insisted on sx/sp for you but this thread has me compelled to retract that...based solely on the fact you're an ENFP that's good with money wtf? <- I'm slightly joking.

    What jumped out at me here was this sentiment that you've 'just sorta happened to find yourself in one relationship or another since age 15.' <-And there's something a little too casual and comfortable in that statement for me. I understand you are attracted to intense characters...and desire intense connections...but 7 sx...and so many sx doms for that matter...I'm expecting to hear about *THE ONE*…and if that didn't end so well...your subsequent stint as a celibate monk in some remote hilltop monastery...

  7. #17
    brainheart
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starry View Post
    It's weird because I kinda insisted on sx/sp for you but this thread has me compelled to retract that...based solely on the fact you're an ENFP that's good with money wtf? <- I'm slightly joking.

    What jumped out at me here was this sentiment that you've 'just sorta happened to find yourself in one relationship or another since age 15.' <-And there's something a little too casual and comfortable in that statement for me. I understand you are attracted to intense characters...and desire intense connections...but 7 sx...and so many sx doms for that matter...I'm expecting to hear about *THE ONE*…and if that didn't end so well...your subsequent stint as a celibate monk in some remote hilltop monastery...
    You know, I didn't respond after first reading this post by @Redbone, but that's what I was thinking, too.

  8. #18
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    You know, I didn't respond after first reading this post by @Redbone, but that's what I was thinking, too.
    One of the best descriptions I've ever read on here meant to illustrate the *coming together* experience for an sx dom and an intimate was by Disco Biscuit (and I won't call him here because I'm already butchering what was a beautiful and profound statement but...) He called it an Event Horizon. <-Which is perfect I feel. And it's not that there can't be multiple exceptions to every rule...but it's difficult for me to imagine an sx dom expressing that relationships "just happen." Likewise, the desire to 'go home' after having had 'intense contact' with an SO/intimate. <-I mean, we learn...generally the hard way...that it is in our best interests to control our intensity...but show me an sx dom that hasn't made things potentially way awkward by not desiring to go home...maybe our suitcases are in the car and we've already planned out the next 20 years with the SO... Or in the face of such feelings...maybe we've flipped-out and ran away to Zimbabwe. Who knows... but an Event Horizon can potentially cause a lot of embarrassment. We insure these things don't "just happen."

  9. #19
    Undisciplined Starry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    5,619

    Default

    Whoops and there were other things in the sx paragraph that I could just as easily attribute to sp or even just 7 in general.

    I imagine it depends on the addiction...but I know sp doms that can 'out addictive personality' sx doms any day of the week. sp doms are no strangers to many forms of excess. And it should be noted that with sx doms this 'thing' we're sorta calling *addiction* might be better understood as merely extremes in behavior and deed. Many sx doms will throw themselves into deprivation for one unknown reason or another.

  10. #20
    As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Posts
    2,879

    Default

    @Starry your words sent me into a whirl. I had more thoughts about this while rinsing out the sink and hurried to get back here before my thoughts evaporated. Why don't I have a secretary tucked in my lobes so that this won't happen?

    I had "someone" just once. And the rest of those relationships happened because I wanted the feelings of intensity that happened with the first one. I wasn't attached to the person(s) but to recreating what I felt with that first one. It was long ago and I stopped doing it. I dunno...sx and sp feel very tangled up to me. And it is hard sift out what is sx and just 7 in general. I think that sx shows up at its worst when I am distressed or worse, depressed. It tends to come roaring out then and I have a tendency to lose control, take crazy risks, blah, blah, blah when I am unhappy. Pure f*** it mode. I stop caring and start seeking.
    Maybe that's the struggle I feel inside...being an ENFP sp-dom? (angling for that oh-so-wonderful special snowflake status).

Similar Threads

  1. Help me settle(ish) on a type? any tips or tricks??
    By Meowbot in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2016, 07:48 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2016, 09:41 AM
  3. Can You Type Me Based on My Enneagram Tritype and Instinctual Variant?
    By Dania Ross in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 07:59 PM
  4. Help me figure out my type?
    By stalemate in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 01:09 AM
  5. Help me narrow down my type
    By Idioteque in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-14-2010, 09:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO