First 234

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    This is interesting cause I really thought that "experimentation" and "restlessness" related with sx doms. That's why I figured it could play a factor.

I actually thought instincts out of all the typings, would make the most sense.

Maybe it's cause I really experience the influence of my instincts. It actually does feel out of my control....

hmmm....

Like I literally can't force myself to go against my sp instinct. I think it would break me.
    Hmm. Well I feel compelled to do my sx-first stuff and can have difficulty dis-engaging. Nothing else feels important; I MUST continue researching this despite the fact that it's 3 am and I need to go to work in 4 hours.

But experimentation and restlessness do not necessarily have to be sexual in nature. For me, it's where my mental energy and outlook go, rather than any physical desire. I'd think conscience would override a potential compulsion to cheat (if it didn't, there's likely another issues). Usually, though, my instincts aren't focused on things that would create a moral dilemma.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I'd think conscience would override a potential compulsion to cheat
    I think I agree with you here. It's not that I think we can use our instincts as an excuse.

But I'm more or less wondering, if maybe peoples' instincts give them different impulses.

Which I know those impulses don't have to be followed...

But for me, I don't get many impulses. Wondering if sx or so doms get more?
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Quote Originally Posted by senza tema View Post
    IDK. Maybe. On the other hand, I feel like sp doms would also be the most likely to keep more than one viable option in hand as long as they could and string people along that way. Or cheat to preserve the emotional upper hand/sense of control.
    +1 @bold
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

From an sp/sx 4 perspective, you generally don't cheat or leave if unhappy in a romantic relationship. You go masochist. You bear it. You endure. You think you do so quietly & patiently, but no. Your resentment & restlessness increasingly seeps through. You become difficult even as you withdraw & drive the other person away. The last straw may lead to viciously turning on them - shred them verbally, empty out a bank account, become punitive (and maybe that is where some sp may cheat), etc. Then you hate that person for awhile because you bore it, you were willing to endure, and they didn't do crap.

So yeah, an sp cheating would be sort of a power play - punishing, humiliating, ending it on your terms. In which case, confession or wanting to get caught would be high.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    From an sp/sx 4 perspective, you generally don't cheat or leave if unhappy in a romantic relationship. You go masochist. You bear it. You endure. You think you do so quietly & patiently, but no. Your resentment & restlessness increasingly seeps through. You become difficult even as you withdraw & drive the other person away. The last straw may lead to viciously turning on them - shred them verbally, empty out a bank account, become punitive (and maybe that is where some sp may cheat), etc. Then you hate that person for awhile because you bore it, you were willing to endure, and they didn't do crap.

So yeah, an sp cheating would be sort of a power play - punishing, humiliating, ending it on your terms. In which case, confession or wanting to get caught would be high.
    Sounds legit.

the "upstanding citizen" motiff attributed to SP-firsts (especially SP/SO) only means they compartmentalize their dark side...

brainheart

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post

Er... yes. I've done this exactly.