It's difficult for me to properly distinguish between a blindspot and a troublesome first-instinct when evaluatte my motivations, and would appreciate it if some of you could weigh in and share your impressions.
- Do you sensitively respond to your body's needs? When you experience discomfort do you take care to promptly eliminate its source?
Definitely. Although then again, I'm just unusually sensitive to feelings of hunger, thirst, or any sort of bodily discomfort..so it might not have anything to do with my instinctual stacking to begin with. Perhaps other HSP's can relate.
- What is your relationship with food - buying, preparing, eating? Do you monitor your nutrition? Do you invest time into food preparation and purchasing exactly the food that meets your dietary requirements?
While I enjoy doing it on occasion, I'm pretty on-and-off about it...although it does feel good when I get those things in check. Cooking and grocery shopping can be stimulating...at times.
- How important is your home? How much time and effort have you invested in arranging your living space? Do you decorate/personalize your living space? Do you often fantasize about a perfect home? How important is order and cleanliness of your living space to you? How cozy is your current living environment?
Very little...although I would ideally have some sort of orderliness in my life..I can't say it's my natural inclination at this point in my life.
- How important is security for you? Do you regularly devote time and effort into securing and stabilizing your life?
Not really..although I've yet to go through a serious crisis.
- Do you carefully manage your savings? Do you often think about your income? What is enough? Is salary a major part in your consideration of a job? Do you follow deals and offers that would allow you to save some money?
- Do you take care of your health? Are you up to date in your health care appointments with doctors, dentists, etc? Do you go to the gym or track you caloric intake?
Occasionally. I'm pretty bad with doctors/dentists appointments.
- Is it easy to spark your interest? Do you often fell interested, invigorated, impassioned by someone or something (e.g. a hobby, subject, or pursuit)?
Definitely, although the feeling isn't as persistent as I'd like it to be. I'm always searching for that level of stimulation/fulfillment, and feel disoriented when I'm not experiencing it.
- Is it easy for you to hone in to that which has sparked your interest? Do you feel like your life is in some way directed by these feelings?
- Is being attractive to others an important quality for you? Do you easily spot attractions between other people?
I'm more concerned with being attractive to myself, or a potential romantic interest. Otherwise, I'd prefer if most people didn't notice me.
- How often do you share your personal experiences and preferences with others in conversation? Do you feel at ease when connecting to someone on emotional/personal basis? Do you feel like you need to disclose some personal information in order to relate to someone?
While I do like feeling a sense of intimacy, I don't usually share much about my personal life.
- Do you easily discern emotional stimuli and motivations of others?
I'd say so.
- Can you easily tell when someone is flirting with you? Do you often flirt? Do people have trouble telling when you are being just friendly and when you are expressing interest in them?
I'm not good at perceiving romantic interest from others, unless it's obvious.. As for flirtiness..maybe, although it's subtle - I often maintain eye contact and can be slightly coquettish ((?) Not sure if that's the word I want to use) in my demeanor/micro-expressions by default...which could perhaps be misinterpreted. I otherwise don't look to deceive people or lead them on, nor are my 'displays' particularly obvious; it's just a quirk or perhaps bit of self-indulgence on my part.
- What role does sexuality play in your life? Do you find it easy to openly talk about sexual topics?
Not openly. My sensuality is subtle..although certainly present.
- Do you seek to come in contact with people? Are you open? Do you strive to become acquainted with and be known to everyone in your group?
Nope. It's more important for me to find someone, if at all. The rest is easy to ignore.
- When moving to a new place how important is it for you to make new friends? Do you feel like you have a social support network?
- Do you experience a sense of belonging to a community? Are you engaged with social issues? Are you a member of any organized groups? What role or position do you usually play in groups?
Barely..unless it's something I truly connect with - even then, my experience of self is independent of anything external. Any identification with a specific community would be disingenuous and could perhaps be better described as a connection to specific individuals within it. As for my position within a social group..I'd say I play the role of a neutral observer - someone who can play along with the social game (rather passively), but isn't particularly interested in the more trivial aspects of it (influence, reputation, etc.). If anything, I like the idea of a social group that can appreciate what I have to offer, but isn't overly demanding of my time or commitment...thankfully, I don't picture this being a problem for me anytime soon since I don't have much of an active presence to begin with.
- Do you easily notice when people behave in an inconsiderate, imprudent, discourteous, untactful manner? Does this bother you even if they aren't related to you?
I'd say so.
- Are you sensitive to being socially ostracized? Is it important for you to be accepted by your peers? Is it important to you that your partner is acceptable to your friends and family?
Not so much anymore....although I was insecure about it throughout highschool. It's a silly game to me at this point. I figure it'd be none of their business - if I'm delusional, then let me be free in my delusions.
- Do you engage in discussions of socially relevant topics (e.g. human rights, social contracts, justice and fairness, cultural and religious themes, political systems, recent news and events)?
- Do you follow the news? Do you keep aware of what is happening with your friends and distant relatives, in your community, country, worldwide?
While it sounds nice (particularly keeping in touch with a close relative, or a close friend, if I had one), I'm not very persistent.