User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned

Default Write a description of your instinctual stacking based off your own experience

I thought this would be interesting to see how our instincts affect us differently based on our enneagram/mbti.

sx/sp

Relationships to things and people need to be built on a strong connective charge and excitement. If a relationship to a person or thing moves too much toward a normal stable SP relationship or a shallow SO relationship restlessness sets in. This is where the wanderer effect happens. Always searching for that connective charge in people or with things or places and never truly belonging to the community at large. Although it is not a true wanderer like an SX/SO. SX/SP is more rooted. There is a sense of expanding forward all the time and conquering new land. More experience expands the comfort zone adding to our world.

edit: some additional stuff

sx/sp is very all or nothing. It's like turning a light switch on and off constantly. There is either a complete electric charge for something or there is absolutely nothing at all. Things are either part of you or they are vehemently opposed. This gives a very hot and cold burst effect. It is also quite territorial.
    Last edited by badger055; 02-28-2014 at 06:45 PM.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sp
    Socionics
    ESFj Ti

I like where this is going
    {The Diplomat}
    Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

LadyLazarus

Sexual/Self-presevation

Relationships must be meaningful and stimulating in order to be seen as worthy of pursuit.Loves the thrill of the chase,whether they fill the role of the chaser or the chased is of infinitesimal concern for the sx/sp. Romantic relationships seen as preferable over friendships,very little interest towards forming casual acquaintance-ships.Basks in the intensity of their own emotions.In constant search for someone to give all of themselves over to,prone to leaving relationships when their partner does not fulfill their expectations of love as well as when emotional/physical intensity becomes scarce.Epitomize the expression “the flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.”Becomes unusually confident and daring as well as tangibly more reckless than ordinary, in love. Jealous and possessive of their lover.Aggressive and passionate;not one to do anything half way.May be prone to violent outbursts when unhealthy.

Withdrawn,intense,moody,short-tempered,opulent,expressive,self-centered,introspective,obsessive,idealistic,romant ic,seeker.

Interesting concept for a thread.
    Last edited by LadyLazarus; 02-25-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Enneagram
    4w5 sx/so

I am unsure of what my second instinct is, I've been trying to pin it down for some time. I am Sx first.

I find enjoyment in unusual circumstances, anything that bends the norm-- I tend to flow easily in emergency situations, reacting quickly and calmly and even getting a high off of them to some degree. This includes getting stuck somewhere, evacuations, someone gets hurt, you name it. I like to climb out windows and sit on rooftops, drive with my windows down in violent thunderstorms and meander without direction to discover something new. I don't shy away from new experiences in general, unless they are solely social. I strongly desire a (very specific) individual to do those things alongside me, but haven't found them yet. I need to be met strength for strength and tend to become disappointed and disgruntled with individuals who can't fulfill that. I want direct communication, apparently to a socially weird degree (going off of experience and reactions once others realize I really mean that). I desire to know others fully and deeply, if they do not open up or allow that I grow disinterested and move on. I think that freaks people out sometimes, which is unfortunate. Shallow social interaction annoys me unless there's a good deal of chemistry beneath.
    Find my Enneagram writing here. Also, I'd love for you to take my six question Enneagram surveyEnneagram survey!✨
    Likes niphibia liked this post

Stansmith

While I'm not the best representative of my stacking, the social-instinct is a lot like this.

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

I currently type as sx/soc. To be honest, I am not overly fond of what I read about this stacking on the internet. You'd think I was some sort of maniacal sex goddess powering through my glorious Olympian existence on champagne fumes and caviar.

About time to clear that up:
    I am a rootless wanderer and loner more than anything, moving from one society to the next. I have no home, no permanent friends or family, and no particular ambition to set down roots anywhere for too long. I'm simply too inclined to follow my interests and obsessions wherever they might lead me, and I have many distinct chapters in my life. On the rare occasion that I actually do feel bonded to a group--or more accurately, "personally immersed in social affairs"--I tend to wreak havok. I question, I raise rebellion, I challenge convention and assumptions, I protest conditions. And I do so publicly. I'm willing to stand out in rain, snow, sleet, and hail to publicize my cause, even if it brings the whole world against me. I am quietly exhibitionistic--I keep political blogs, write (and cartoon!) about my personal life, dress flamboyantly, and otherwise embarrass myself for kicks. Performance art appeals to me a lot.

My personal day-to-day (lack of) upkeep of my domestic realm goes well beyond what you'd expect to see from an ENxP; I am horrible at remembering to eat, I misplace money, and my self-neglect is, at times, appalling. I'd just sooner focus on my own interests than bother to maintain myself. Likewise, I am not materialistic in the slightest, not motivated solely by the acquisition of money; I'm one of those white men who mocks "the ways of the white man". The thought of owning a house in the US suburbs terrifies me, and I believe in socialized healthcare, too (NOTE: this last point may depend on individual sx/socs).

That's what it's like for me.

Last edited by Sanjuro; 03-01-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post
    While I'm not the best representative of my stacking, the social-instinct is a lot like this.

I hate everything about this video. I'm guessing SO has to do with tolerance and I have none of that.

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿ digesthisickness's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

What the hell are they so happy about?
    ✻ღϠ₡ღ✻
    (¯`✻´¯)
    `*.¸.*'ღϠ₡ღஇڿڰۣ
    •.¸¸. Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒჱܓ. இڿڰۣ.¸¸.இڿڰۣ´¯`·.─♥

Cerebral Artery
    http://www.facebook.com/CerebralArtery

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Stansmith View Post

This actually makes sense to me though.

And I wouldn't say that you aren't a good representative. I think you stand out, but without having to stir the pot. It's a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjuro View Post
    I currently type as sx/soc. To be honest, I am not overly fond of what I read about this stacking on the internet. You'd think I was some sort of maniacal sex goddess powering through my glorious Olympian existence on champagne fumes and caviar.

About time to clear that up:
    I am a rootless wanderer and loner more than anything, moving from one society to the next. I have no home, no permanent friends or family, and no particular ambition to set down roots anywhere for too long. I'm simply too inclined to follow my interests and obsessions wherever they might lead me, and I have many distinct chapters in my life. On the rare occasion that I actually do feel bonded to a group--or more accurately, "personally immersed in social affairs"--I tend to wreak havok. I question, I raise rebellion, I challenge convention and assumptions, I protest conditions. And I do so publicly. I'm willing to stand out in rain, snow, sleet, and hail to publicize my cause, even if it brings the whole world against me. I am quietly exhibitionistic--I keep political blogs, write (and cartoon!) about my personal life, dress flamboyantly, and otherwise embarrass myself for kicks. Performance art appeals to me a lot.

My personal day-to-day (lack of) upkeep of my domestic realm goes well beyond what you'd expect to see from an ENxP; I am horrible at remembering to eat, I misplace money, and my self-neglect is, at times, appalling. I'd just sooner focus on my own interests than bother to maintain myself. Likewise, I am not materialistic in the slightest, not motivated solely by the acquisition of money; I'm one of those white men who mocks "the ways of the white man". The thought of owning a house in the US suburbs terrifies me, and I believe in socialized healthcare, too (NOTE: this last point may depend on individual sx/socs).

That's what it's like for me.

So interesting. The way that you type is so eloquently written. I always think that you're so dom.

And I would never have guessed any of these things, if you weren't to flat out tell us lol
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    Ne
    Enneagram
    468 sx/so
    Socionics
    :-( None

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    So interesting. The way that you type is so eloquently written. I always think that you're so dom.

And I would never have guessed any of these things, if you weren't to flat out tell us lol
    Thanks. I may not even be social second. Most people don't guess my wilder side IRL, too.